Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

Immigration Pushed To The Forefront Again.... Thanks! To Everyone Who Has Propelled This Issue To Its' Rightful Position. Years Of Hard Work Are Paying Off.....Keep Up The Good Work!......
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I'm having trouble understanding the connection between the guns and amnesty issues. Are we assuming that more illegal aliens = more illegal guns? Or just more guns, period? I don't see how that follows.
Each illegal alien that is granted lawful status, ie a green card, is good to buy guns in the entire US. Immediately. And these are green card holders, not citizens. And these are green card holders that previously thumbed their noses at the law....federal law, and in many cases have been spared gun prohibiting prosecutions in previous encounters with the law so as not to trigger deportation proceedings.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

I might also add that green card holders don't necessarily learn the responsibilities that accompany the second amendment. Citizens learn it in school, and immigrants learn it to pass the naturalization process. Green card holders learn about guns elsewhere. In your area, they'd be learning from fellow mexicans, gang members, etc. I predict an enormous amount of Obama's grantees would fall victim to gang members getting them to buy guns for them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 AM
LAPhil LAPhil is offline
Continent Thief
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tralfamador
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Each illegal alien that is granted lawful status, ie a green card, is good to buy guns in the entire US. Immediately. And these are green card holders, not citizens. And these are green card holders that previously thumbed their noses at the law....federal law, and in many cases have been spared gun prohibiting prosecutions in previous encounters with the law so as not to trigger deportation proceedings.
I think I see what you're saying, but you seem to be assuming that the ability of newly legalized illegals to access guns would make a difference in the thinking of the pro-amnesty lobby. I doubt that it would.
__________________
OPEN BORDERS AND MASS AMNESTY

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 02-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I think I see what you're saying, but you seem to be assuming that the ability of newly legalized illegals to access guns would make a difference in the thinking of the pro-amnesty lobby. I doubt that it would.
No, Phil. I'm thinking it will make a difference to elite lawmakers
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Greg in LA Greg in LA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 327
Default

Ayatollah, You have a lot of great suggestions as well as a lot of original thinking about different strategy in posting doubt into the minds of Senators.

I'm quite sure that they are well aware of our calls and our opposition and the intensity that we exert in fighting the amnesty proposal. I think sheer numbers of calls and call volume also register.

What I doubt though is if they are really listening to our reasons and our arguments against the legalization. We are not going to change the minds of Boxer, Feinslime, Rubio, McCain, Grahamnesty, ETC.

I feel like my calls are just to add to the overall intensity of the outcry against the amnesty. Just to get Rubio's office to understand that his reputation is being reduced among the Republican ranks to "Treason". I think they register the hatred that they are cultivating.

When I call I also feel like I'm a kind of "Tokyo Rose", with my daily calls to demoralize the call takers. Lately I relish anouncing which Republican Senators have come out against the amnesty, or called Rubio "Naive".
That makes the call takers feel like their losing and more isolated. They don't argue back. I want them to feel "Alone" against our on-slot.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 AM
LAPhil LAPhil is offline
Continent Thief
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tralfamador
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No, Phil. I'm thinking it will make a difference to elite lawmakers
Really? I don't know why it would just now be occurring to them, but I'm sure they'll find a way to spin it if the issue is ever raised publicly. Frankly I don't even know why they would ever connect amnesty with guns. This is the first time I'm aware of anyone bringing up the issue of guns in all of the arguments which have been made vis-a-vis amnesty over the last 30 years.
__________________
OPEN BORDERS AND MASS AMNESTY

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Really? I don't know why it would just now be occurring to them, but I'm sure they'll find a way to spin it if the issue is ever raised publicly. Frankly I don't even know why they would ever connect amnesty with guns. This is the first time I'm aware of anyone bringing up the issue of guns in all of the arguments which have been made vis-a-vis amnesty over the last 30 years.
Yeah, Phil but Gun control is an equally hot agenda for them right now. And it's no accident or mere coincidence. They are combining forces to attack simultaneously to keep us divided and overwhelmed. Bringing this up now at least makes them choose one over another, and it allows us to say, "I told you so" when gun violence ratchets up in foreigner rich areas if amnesty is granted.
Personally, I think many of the so referred to bleeding heart liberals are going to think twice about amnesty when taught that all of the new green card holders are good to purchse assault weapons, (their term, not mine), handguns, etc, based upon the background checks that also clear them for amnesty
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
LAPhil LAPhil is offline
Continent Thief
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tralfamador
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Yeah, Phil but Gun control is an equally hot agenda for them right now. And it's no accident or mere coincidence. They are combining forces to attack simultaneously to keep us divided and overwhelmed. Bringing this up now at least makes them choose one over another, and it allows us to say, "I told you so" when gun violence ratchets up in foreigner rich areas if amnesty is granted.
Personally, I think many of the so referred to bleeding heart liberals are going to think twice about amnesty when taught that all of the new green card holders are good to purchse assault weapons, (their term, not mine), handguns, etc, based upon the background checks that also clear them for amnesty
I'm wondering how it would fly in a congressional debate over amnesty if the congressmen who have been pro-amnesty until now were to suddenly use that argument as a rationale for changing for their minds on the issue. I'm guessing they would never even try it for fear of being labelled racists and sellouts.
__________________
OPEN BORDERS AND MASS AMNESTY

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I'm wondering how it would fly in a congressional debate over amnesty if the congressmen who have been pro-amnesty until now were to suddenly use that argument as a rationale for changing for their minds on the issue. I'm guessing they would never even try it for fear of being labelled racists and sellouts.
Planting such an idea in their heads is not to say that's the one they cite for their failure to support amnesty. Maybe they say they lost enthusiam for the deal over something else. But the one's already not on board will have another reason not to join, and also don't have to say why.
One thing I've learned out there with the billboard is that alot people don't share their real feelings in public. I'm guessing many legislators and congresspersons are that way as well.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
wetibbe wetibbe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 801
Default Useless.

With the current mindset of the administration now in power it's essentially one step short of hopeless.

Favorably the Commander in Chief is apparently cleaning house sending cabinet members packing in drives. But not the right ones for immigration.

Senator Jeff Sessions is demanding that ICE director John Morton be sent packing for failing to enforce immigration and customs laws. And the lesbian squirrel Janet too is the major facilitator for the tsunami of invaders.

Whenever you see that cabal of 8 Senators promoting immigration reform you know the Republicans are rolling over.

I don't have the answer. I only know that it is really very bad and it isn't likely to get better.

Pessimistic ? - Yep!

When the biopsy says it's cancer, it's cancer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SaveOurState 2009 - 2016 All Rights Reserved