Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Second Amendment Evolution

Second Amendment Evolution Save Our State searches for new technologies and ideas in second amendment arms research and development.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
SOS Associate

Default Electric and Electronic Arms

I am by no means promoting today's versions of electronic/electric arms as an answer to either self defense, or as a defender of our constitutional freedoms, but just because the taser/stun guns have limited usages today, doesn't mean that they cannot be improved upon.

Tasers and stun guns still require the user to be close to the target...dangerously close in most cases, and generally most people don't want to be that close. In addition, they don't do well against more than one assailant. As far as a military arm, they are nonsensical, and have no practial application in the field, unless it's to subdue one of your own hysterical troops temporarily.

But electricity has provided the power to propel many a tool for a century now, and it shows wery little notice of replacement. So that should be a strong consideration today
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM

The Taser is about the closest thing we have right now to a phaser set on stun. As far as we know, it's nonlethal. Although some people have died after being shot with a Taser, most of them have had other problems which contributed to or caused their deaths. Taser has created a shotgun round which can incapacitate a target from a longer distance, and there are military Tasers meant to subdue larger numbers of people. I took part in Taser's research program where they hit me with the voltage from a shotgun round for 15 seconds instead of the normal 5 seconds. I was completely incapacitated and yet recovered almost immediately with no lasting effects. It's a very efficient device.

Here's a concept for a gun that fires two ultraviolet laser beams that carry electric current through the air to the target. The current would flow between the points where the beams hit the target. Theoretically it could work over much longer distances than the Taser.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
SOS Associate

Sounds interesting, however there's not much of a demo on that website. More of a short animated teaser...
Ultraviolet lasers they say. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they deliver.
Stopping a car should be do-able. Hell, it's mechanical for christs sakes. Seems to me that with all those different forces in there at the same time, there should be a lot of weaknesses to exploit.