Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events Official Events Managed, Assisted, or Supported By Save Our State

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

I just saw the vid on another site

I've often said that SOS goes right to the belly of the beast

This proves it once again
Old 09-17-2011, 05:29 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post

I've often said that SOS goes right to the belly of the beast
It more resembles the other end of the beast when you're up close
Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 PM

This is the country they're so proud of; a country where their own people are killing each other. But our own politicians are allowing them to come here and use our state capitol as a staging area. Yes, moving their culture to California is just fine with those in office.

Mexico Independence Event "El Grito" Cancelled After 40 Gunmen Threaten Violence
A traditional patriotic yell to celebrate Mexican independence was cancelled after a crew of gunmen appeared.
Authorities in a small town in western Mexico canceled Thursday night's "El Grito" festivities ushering in Independence Day after 40 gunmen arrived at the main square threatening to attack civilians.
Michoacan state police beefed up security in the town of Querendaro because of the threat, said the state police chief, Armando Soto la Marina.
Mayor Filiberto Romero suspended the traditional event in which he was to cry "Viva Mexico!" from the balcony of the town hall, drawing the same shout in unison from hundreds of people gathered below.
But men carrying rifles and grenades arrived and demanded they clear out or be attacked. People fled in panic. Some took refuge inside the government building waiting for the gunmen to leave. There were no reports of injuries.
No information on who the gunmen were was available late Thursday, but the presence of high-caliber weapons indicated the incident might be drug cartel related.
A grenade attack on the same holiday in 2008 killed eight people and wounded dozens in the main square of the Michoacan state capital, Morelia.
Most Independence Day festivities have gone on as usual this year, but local authorities have canceled patriotic events in the past in worry about possible attacks by drug gangs. Last year, the mayor of the border city of Ciudad Juarez, considered the epicenter of Mexico's drug war, canceled the traditional event.
More than 35,000 people have been killed since Mexican President Felipe Calderon launched an armed offensive against drug cartels in December 2006, according to an official tally. Other groups say the death toll is about 40,000.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1YEz0kEOf
Old 09-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
That's the point. They never left. They just went somewhere to get some free benefits, better roads, more opportunities, etc, but they don't blame mexico for the lack of them there. To them, they are still in mexico, and mexico is providing them all the stuff they are getting here
There is a Mexican joke that America stole the best part of Mexico - the part that is paved and has all the modern conveniences.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
This is the country they're so proud of; a country where their own people are killing each other. But our own politicians are allowing them to come here and use our state capitol as a staging area. Yes, moving their culture to California is just fine with those in office.

Mexico Independence Event "El Grito" Cancelled After 40 Gunmen Threaten Violence
A traditional patriotic yell to celebrate Mexican independence was cancelled after a crew of gunmen appeared.
Authorities in a small town in western Mexico canceled Thursday night's "El Grito" festivities ushering in Independence Day after 40 gunmen arrived at the main square threatening to attack civilians.
Michoacan state police beefed up security in the town of Querendaro because of the threat, said the state police chief, Armando Soto la Marina.
Mayor Filiberto Romero suspended the traditional event in which he was to cry "Viva Mexico!" from the balcony of the town hall, drawing the same shout in unison from hundreds of people gathered below.
But men carrying rifles and grenades arrived and demanded they clear out or be attacked. People fled in panic. Some took refuge inside the government building waiting for the gunmen to leave. There were no reports of injuries.
No information on who the gunmen were was available late Thursday, but the presence of high-caliber weapons indicated the incident might be drug cartel related.
A grenade attack on the same holiday in 2008 killed eight people and wounded dozens in the main square of the Michoacan state capital, Morelia.
Most Independence Day festivities have gone on as usual this year, but local authorities have canceled patriotic events in the past in worry about possible attacks by drug gangs. Last year, the mayor of the border city of Ciudad Juarez, considered the epicenter of Mexico's drug war, canceled the traditional event.
More than 35,000 people have been killed since Mexican President Felipe Calderon launched an armed offensive against drug cartels in December 2006, according to an official tally. Other groups say the death toll is about 40,000.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1YEz0kEOf
What this is about is who is in charge, the Mexican government or whichever cartel canceled the show at the defining moment.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 AM

I was on my way to work when I saw the news. I immediately made comment to Paul Robins question, and he read it on the TV and said I was right on the mark.

I also emailed him and told him they need to find out who allowed a foreign government to use our state capital to address their Nationals. I hope he finds out and gets back to me.

My facebook comment, on Pauls' page, still has the highest number of Likes!!!.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 PM

Thumbs up

Your my hero AG! I would have gladly stood with you if I lived up in Sacramento. Keep up the good fight.