Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
SOS Associate

Default Anti Cap and Trade Event At State Capitol Draws Hundreds

Today, a coalition of groups spearheaded by TEA Party Patriots, gathered at the state capitol's west side to loudly protest the new state Cap and Trade program. I saw some familiar faces, but not a lot. Generally some boisterous speeches, and displays of business freedom and anti big government materials.

I was a bit taken aback by some of the materials on one side of the event, and as you can see from the photos there was some definate drifting from business subjects to the extreme fringes of government conspiracies.

Some guy showed up and started making trouble, but was dispatched by the sargeant at arms of the event

The highlight for me was Assmeblywoman Shannon Grove's speech. I'll have that video up soon, but for now, enjoy the photos courtesy of Save Our State

Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
SOS Associate

Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM

From the looks of it, there seems to be plenty of stupidity to go around on both ends of the political spcetrum. Chelene would fit in and seem normal standing there.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:37 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
From the looks of it, there seems to be plenty of stupidity to go around on both ends of the political spcetrum. Chelene would fit in and seem normal standing there.
Yes, this would have been a great fit for her on one side. The other though...probably not. There are many good people who are not sitting well with this cap and trade scheme, and from my perspective they are justified. Unfortunately the organizers of this event needed participants who oppose cap and trade, and apparently couldn't get the numbers on a weekday afternoon downtown in August heat.
Maybe there would have been a clash of egos with Chelena there too, and that may be why she wasn't invited or encouraged to be there
Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 PM
SOS Associate

Here's Shannon Grove video:

http://youtu.be/