Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Religion

Religion Topics and information of interest to SOS associates in regards to religion

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Our troops have been in harms way ever since mr. O came into office. He's bowed before these terrorists, put handcuffs on our soldiers, he's the one responsible.
MOM, lets be real. Our troups have been in harms way ever since we invaded Iraq and how many billions of dollars and lives has it cost us? That is not including Iraqi and others lives. Mr O, President Obama, was not in office when we invaded. Wish he had brought the troops home but everyone would have said we were quiters. Personally wish we had never gone there.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM

I believe the reason we are in Iraq is because Saddam, in retaliation for Bush senior kicking him out of Kuwait, was behind an assassination attempt on "King George's" father in an Arabian Gulf country.

Then "King George" Jr., lacking his fathers extensive governmental experience, including serving as head of the CIA, initiated hostilities on pretensions and attempted to run a war on the cheap like a CEO slashing all the wrong costs while cutting his business cronies in on the deal as well as the personal satisfaction of seeing Saddam swing at the end of a rope.

I believe if Bush had let the professional warriors run the show, there would have been no insurgency, it would have been a done deal and many of the troops home long ago.

I freely admit I have no real experience to realistically judge the situation as to how it unfolded and exactly why we are still with it today, but that's how I see it.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
MOM, lets be real. Our troups have been in harms way ever since we invaded Iraq and how many billions of dollars and lives has it cost us? That is not including Iraqi and others lives. Mr O, President Obama, was not in office when we invaded. Wish he had brought the troops home but everyone would have said we were quiters. Personally wish we had never gone there.
I agree. We never should have invaded Iraq. Even so, the invasion didn't go as badly it might have. But the motivation for invading was completely derelict and without consideration for the consequences. And opposition was pretty derelict as well.

They talk as if troops have left, but they haven't. Just combat operations have ceased. Finally. Meanwhile Iraq is still occupied with US troops and I haven't heard anything about when we can expect them to come home.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM

One of my sons has spent 5 tours over there in that God forsaken area. He said we needed to do that. We are spending more on illegals then this war. If we brought home all of our troops maybe they could all move in with the illegals 10 families to a household. Yes, they should be home already, but they are not. I was one of the lucky mothers. But how many have come home on leave only to be shot, run over or what ever, by illegals. Our country has some serious problems.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Not only will this event further endanger American soldiers, this event will endanger Christians that are living in countries controlled by the followers of the ancient Arabic moon god, allah (CNSNews).

Quote:
Some of that predicted violence could well target Dove World’s co-religionists in the Islamic world, according to organizations working in countries where Christians are a vulnerable, sometimes persecuted minority.

Already Muslim militants in Indonesia have promised to kill Indonesian Christians if Qurans are burned in Florida, and the history of anti-Christian violence in the country suggests that this is not an idle threat,” Patrick Sookhdeo, international director of the Barnabas Fund, said Tuesday.

“Barnabas partners in Iraq have expressed concern at the probable Muslim backlash against an already beleaguered Iraqi Church. And Christians in numerous other places who live in daily fear of potentially deadly attacks will at once be placed in much greater danger,” he said. “It cannot be right to exercise our freedom to protest in a way that puts at risk the lives of our brothers and sisters, for whom Christ died.”

Sookhdeo, an expert on radical Islam, urged Dove World not to carry out its protest.

“Barnabas Fund is fully committed to making known the aspects of Islam that result in injustice and oppression of non-Muslims, not least the persecution of Christians,” he said.

“But we believe that the biblical and Christ-like way to do this is by speaking the truth in the power of God’s love, and by extending that love to Muslim people even when they are hostile to us. In that context it can never be justified to destroy a book that Muslims regard as sacred, however firmly and profoundly we may disagree with its contents.”

Pakistan Christian Congress president Nazir Bhatti also appealed to Jones not to go ahead with an event which he said would provide radical Islamists with another excuse to attack already at-risk Christians in Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt and elsewhere.
Emphasis mine.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 AM

Bend over America! Do what other countries want us to do. I'm sick of the threats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of what is being told to us, has been said already. Way before the Quran situation! I will not apologize for being an American or a Christian. If everyone is so concerned then black the news out! Don't talk about it or print it!
I'm not saying that I agree with what this church is doing, but what about what some of this terrorists are doing? Planning to do, or stopped before they did do it.
God Bless America!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Burning Korans in some small church is not going to make any difference anywhere and anyone who tells the public that it will make a difference is lying or worse.

There is nothing to be gained in good behavior to Muslims. All they do is see it as a sign of weakness. The Koran is the problem, the Koran is the source of Islamic "radical" ideology. The "moderate" Muslims are the ones who disagree with or don't care about their own scripture.

As a general principle, I don't hold with the burning of any books, whether they be by Voltaire or they be "the Protocols of the Elders of Zion". But the Koran is the source of the global terrorist front that the world is suffering from.

It's about time somebody threw the gauntlet down.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM

We can look at it another way.

Say there will be no international consequences perpetrated by ignorant third worlders goaded by religious extremists in exchange for an old fashioned, guantlet throwing, book burning bonfire in Florida.

Who is the winner and who is the loser?

The winner is going to be the publisher of those Korans. And who publishes Korans?

The losers are going to be anyone who puts out money to buy bonfire bound Korans. Ever set a hundred dollar bill on fire while financially awarding your avowed enemy?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-10-2010 at 08:49 AM.