Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2013, 06:11 AM
SOS Associate

Default Licenses For Illegals - All Is Not Lost Yet

The state legislature has once again approved a bill to hand out licenses for illegal aliens in California. This is not a new thing in California, as it has happened before. The governor vetoed a bill like this already, and if you recall, a similar bill was at the heart of a recall vote that saw Governor Davis ousted from office.
This new bill doesn't take effect right away, which signals to me that the legislature was giving DMV time to prepare, and to come up with fixes for bugs the legislature hadn't worked out yet. I'm unsure as to what ID will now suffice to enable the issuance of a license. We all must supply a SSN, and legal permanent residents must supply a resident ID number if they haven't applied for a SSN. I'm not sure if they're relying on an ITIN for this or what, but that may prove to be a bit of an issue we can exploit, as the feds don't recognize that as an ID either.
Personally, I see the legislature as having winged this one at the last minute, and that could be for many reasons, all nefarious at their core. A distraction, a deal with someone or some group, or to facilitate some other as yet to be known scheme. In any case, the licensing scheme was revived and rushed through in the waning hours, which gives me cause to think it has weaknesses we can exploit.
The next thing is that Governor Brown made a statement that this license would enable MILLIONS of people to get to work safely. I'd like to know just what he was basing those figures on