Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Default Los Angeles Legal Latinos vs Illegal Aliens

While in a small Los Angeles restaurant that caters to those whose palate is stimulated by Cuban food I overheard a conversation entirely in Spanish which was quite surprising given that my initial impression was that everyone who worked there might be pro-illegal.

The conversation went like this:

Elderly Nicaraguan man in his 70's: "Gosh I can't believe that all the illegals are getting welfare and everything else and that legal immigrants aren't given the same consideration".

Mexican waitress: "I know. It is so unfair. It is an outrage".

Well folks I buried my face in my plate and was so very pleasantly surprised.

If the legal Latinos see the problem then everyone else does too regardless of how the media and government spin it!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
While in a small Los Angeles restaurant that caters to those whose palate is stimulated by Cuban food I overheard a conversation entirely in Spanish which was quite surprising given that my initial impression was that everyone who worked there might be pro-illegal.

Elderly Nicaraguan man in his 70's: "Gosh I can't believe that all the illegals are getting welfare and everything else and that legal immigrants aren't given the same consideration".

If the legal Latinos see the problem then everyone else does too regardless of how the media and government spin it!
You bet they do, unless they're sleeping with one.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:34 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Well folks I buried my face in my plate and was so very pleasantly surprised
OK. So now I see why Don refers to you guys as third world primitives. Get some manners. Better yet; Get a pair of chop sticks and learn some real sophistication.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
You bet they do, unless they're sleeping with one.
Right. Or hiring one, or housing one or selling one a car or just helping them accross the border personally. Legal immigration is what is making illegal immigration work. You cannot stop illegal immigration without confronting the role legal immigrants are playing now.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM

JMO
We have allowed in WAY to many legal latinos

Now they have an agenda aka Kosovo

They will just keep sneaking in and breeding until they actually do control everything

They want the control , they hate Whites and they are arrogant and they know they are getting away with murder.

Some future generation will have to deal with them or go back to Europe

I see no third choice
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
JMO
We have allowed in WAY to many legal latinos

Now they have an agenda aka Kosovo

They will just keep sneaking in and breeding until they actually do control everything

They want the control , they hate Whites and they are arrogant and they know they are getting away with murder.

Some future generation will have to deal with them or go back to Europe

I see no third choice
What you're experiencing in regards to the La Raza agenda is what is being taught in our schools. Take notice how many times we read or hear from the "Professors of such and such university". It is a complete revamping of the American way of life, and it starts with what they call "educating us" and by that they mean, make us feel guilty or sorry for what we are as a society and we will then be accepting of their "change". All to the benefit of the globalists who fund the universities and who want better access to the worlds markets and cheep labor. But first they must "educate" us.

Take notice how often you read someone saying "they need to be educated" as though anyone who doesn't agree with their ideology is just "uneducated" that in itself is the put down to belittle and degrade those that don't agree. We hold our universities as the best in the world, but what they are doing now is manipulating society to benefit their benefactors. Ford Foundation is a huge contributor, along with all the other globalist corps. This is no conspiracy theory, these are facts.

This financial crisis has brought a great deal of it out in the open and only now are so many questioning who exactly is in charge. But it all comes through your front door through our schools. Ask a young kid what he or she thinks of America, and you'll have your answer as to where it starts.

We are being replaced with people who want that 'change' because they don't know what was there/here in this country to begin with, either they're new here or young. They are actually the ones who are 'uneducated and ignorant' to how great this country actually is, or at least was.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 01-31-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
OK. So now I see why Don refers to you guys as third world primitives. Get some manners. Better yet; Get a pair of chop sticks and learn some real sophistication.
Obviously you are not familiar with the Carl's Junior messy burger.
Chopsticks are un American.

First thing I was taught when I came to this nation is that if you like the food you honor your hosts by licking the plate in their presence.

Did someone take advantage of me and give me bad info? Is this the reason that people stare at me in restaurants?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:

They know. It just depends on who you talk to and that you know enough that they will trust you enough to tell you more.

This might ramble off topic somewhat, I'm not sure how to relate it.

There's a Mexican woman I've been talking to who is sympathetic to legalization of the "undocumented" but is smart enough to understand some reality. Perhaps her past is part of her present perspective - and some of it I intellectually know but don't understand. Sometimes she throws things out to test me, and so far, I've done well. She's quite bright, and I like her.

She was born in Mexico, but at a young age her parents moved to Spain, where she learned to speak a non Castilian dialect of Spanish. Returning to Mexico as a teenager, she was ostracized and left alone, I believe much like the experience a pocha would have in Mexico. Maybe she was more Spanish than Mexican, similar to the Americanism of the pochos.

Coming to the United States (I don't know under what circumstances) she didn't speak any English, but is now fluent. She is in her twenties. She is very involved in the education of her children.

Going to the University part time, she has been indoctrinated somewhat. In some ways she reminds me more of someone who was American Born than of A Mexican National, and her thought process to me doesn't seem rigidly Mexican. In other ways, she is thoroghly Mexican. In the earlier conversations, she might come out with something like how the educational system is broken for Latinos, but when I reminded her of the 1968 walkouts and that now the school system have been taken over by people of the 1968 walkout mentality, the educational result is the same. No change. She closed her eyes and nodded. It was like that for most of the standard stuff she trotted out. But, at least she's half way honest about the situation.

We were talking about Spanish language radio one day, and she said that it was total ghetto - it was making her Raza stupider than they already are (she didn't quite mean "stupid" the way it sounds). They need to be educated, and while those like Piolin might have helped with the marches, they (The radio jocks) are contributing to their ("the Raza") intellectual demise.

One day I brought up the conformity to Mexicanidad required by Mexico, and that some having been here a number of years have difficulty fitting into Mexico again. She said that You can try as hard as you can to avoid it, but some Americanism will rub off on you, that the Mexican who's been in the United States for a long time CAN'T go back to Mexico. I take that as meaning rejection by Mexicans in Mexico, something I have been told of many times.

I don't remember specific conversation, but I believe she disapproves of those taking advantage of social services and such, and genuine dirt bag behaviour.

She believes they need to learn English - she informed her husband that if he didn't learn English he could expect a divorce.

She stated something I have long believed - that Latin Americans in their own countries don't question authority - it is part of the culture to not buck the system. (I believe that they aren't really challenging authority by their illegal presence in America, but taking advantage of the lack of expressed authority). It is more in the Americanized nature of those born here to, in whatever manner, to question authority - that is a part of their assimilation which some would deny.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-02-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:48 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I heard a very similar conversation during the Holiday Season, in a Riverside courthouse, between a Latino Sheriff and a Hispanic Spanish language translator. It was a real mixed bag of opinions covering the gamut from absolute enforcement to amnesty.

I specifically recall interviewing an elderly Mexican-American woman by the name of Ana Gaines, in Phoenix a couple years ago. She's with a border security group called You Don't Speak For Me. She adamantly told me that the press just ignores many Latinos b/c they just assume that they're all pro-amnesty. She insisted that that was "far from the case."

Given the fact that Hispanics in the U.S. hail from different countries, occupy different socio-economic positions and have varying levels of education, it stands to reason that there should be at least some diversity of opinion. What I've noticed (during a few years of informal observation) is that the same thing that essentially holds true among black, white and Asian U.S. citizens, applies to the Latino population as well. It is the gray haired set that is much more likely to believe that current laws should be enforced. Folks over age 50, in general, are far less enthused about the idea of another amnesty (Maybe b/c they can remember what a royal failure the one in '86 was).
Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 PM

I can't imagine anything more uninteresting than the opinions of latinos anywhere on the subject of illegal immigration. It is the legal immigrants that make the illegals possible. And if it weren't for the illegals, a major part of latinos -- sherrifs and public employees especially -- would be out of a job.