Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Municipalities

Municipalities Issues and information relating to cities and counties within California that are of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The courts are almost always on the side of the tenant.
Oh nooooooo. I'd say they side with the landlord on most issues. Tenants might be able to delay things, but they seldom win in the longrun. Abusive tenants suck, but landlords welcome them in because they know they get something in the beginning, and get their property back in the end.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Oh nooooooo. I'd say they side with the landlord on most issues. Tenants might be able to delay things, but they seldom win in the longrun. Abusive tenants suck, but landlords welcome them in because they know they get something in the beginning, and get their property back in the end.
I know you've had some bad experiences AG. But I've has some on the other side. If you have residential property that is under rent control, it almost isn't worth it to keep it or rent it out. Your problems were with commercial property and you weren't dealing with rent control.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 AM

I once had a tenant in Azusa who lived in front of my daughter. He took out the shelves in the kitchen and new plumbing, flooring, covers on the electrical outlets and was supplying electricity to others next door. I paid the electricity. Then he called Azusa and said that I was renting the house this way. To make a long story short this guy was bringing underage girls into the house when his wife was at work. I went to attack after he and his wife went for me, the police were called and there was no way I was leaving until this scum bag was gone. He would have really harrassed my daughter and her family. Well, after about 4 hours and the police being called 3 times, they made him leave. Two days later he killed 2 people and run to Mexico.