Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 AM

Default Get it while you can

A letter to the editor in the San Bernardino Sun concerning looming social services cuts from what seems to be a medical referral service.

I somewhat explored the link in the letter, I never knew of what number of bewildering choices there seem to be for what I take to be publicaly provided health care.

It did surprise me that everything I saw was in English, but I'm sure Spanish is available.

Quote:
Get it while you can

Proposed cuts to the state's budget are on track to limit health care services the majority of those on Medi-Cal can receive - to seven health care visits and six prescriptions each year - giving Medi-Cal patients a very small window to use the current system before the changes take place. As a result, it would be smart for Californians using government-funded health insurance or safety net care facilities to embrace the "get it while you can" mentality.

If people are struggling to see their regular care provider, or if they are looking for low- and no-cost options, they should remember that there is a safety net of 124 care facilities - including primary care, vision, mental health, dental care and veterans' services resources - designed to provide affordable care to people in San Bernardino County. There are nearly 5,200 of these resources across the state, so there are plenty of options for those needing care for little or no cost. Information on all of these resources can be found on Californians for Patient Care's website, www.calpatientcare.org.

The state's recent financial downturn has caused many Californians to feel cautious and uncertain. For some Californians, their circumstances might feel unmanageable. Getting and staying healthy is one way for many Californians to regain and retain control of their lives. There are resources available to help you take charge of your health. But like all things touched by the budget, they may change in the coming months. Use them now, while you can, to get the care you need, when you need it.

CARMELLA GUTIERREZ

President,

Californians for Patient Care

Sacramento

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.