Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
This is just hilarious:

If people are serious about recalling Brown, I'm all for it and will work for it too.

I don't understand why there is an effort to overturn 131 and nothing to overturn 353.

Is that right about 1236? My understanding was that 1236 prevented mandatory use of E-verify. Can the state really ban the use of E-verify? That doesn't sound right. I'm all for mandatory E-verify.
Here are the likely reasons 131 takes center stage on a recall:

131 is a simple idea to grasp. Give illegals free education at the expense of legal citizens. And it aids and abets illegal aliens at taxpayer expense. It also allows our state government to sanction the breaking of federal laws. In addition, 131 has taken the biggest advertisement share, and that is something to be taken advantage of

The everify bills are not that well known. Plus they are complicated. The E-verify bill that Brown signed only prevents cities and counties from mandating E-verify use by their contractors, thus would only affect those municipalities who would be willing to use it. Not that many really. Not yet anyway.

So 131 was the logical, most effective choice to recall.