Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 PM

Do you think I was directed to the right department ?

What do you suggest I do?

Where did you file your complaint?

I called twice to the number that you provided, and both call takers re directed me.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Do you think I was directed to the right department ?

What do you suggest I do?

Where did you file your complaint?

I called twice to the number that you provided, and both call takers re directed me.
Greg, I'm headed over there on Monday. I'm going to hand deliver a complaint, and ask to speak with a representative of that department directly. I'lll follow up here with new information.

Thanks for taking an interest
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Anyone out there have recording capabilities to document one of these commercials on TV?
Get a Haupphauge HD PVR http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...auppauge%20PVR and record to rewritable disk, then edit with VideoRedo http://www.videoredo.com/en/ and burn to disk. I was able to record shows of personal interest and edit out commercials, so the show can be edited out and the commercial of interest kept.

Prices seem to be about the same for both the device and software as they were a few years ago.

I have done quite a bit of this stuff, but haven't done any for 2 or 3 years. It worked really well then. I don't know what's out now, but I went through a lot of worthless devices before I found the Hauppauge PVR. The Black Magic Intensity card seemed to work only for raw video camera output, wouldn't pick up what I wanted - a waste of over $300.00. The combination video/audio output to USB recording devices I bought (such as Pinnacle and everything else I tried) simply didn't work. The one direct VHS and TV video to DVD recorder I found and purchased was limited to one hour of recording and degraded the video quality on the finished disk, no provision for editing.

I got started with it because I simply wanted to convert my old VHS to DVD for personal use and that is purposefully made to be very difficult without the right equipment and software. Pissed me off and it became a matter of principle that I be able to do so. I'll add that I tossed out a lot of money on crap devices which didn't work. The PVR was good for backing up VHS to DVD for personal use. For example, I searched high and low to buy a DVD version of the Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder concert but found it was available only on VHS (which I already had), no commercial DVD versions of the concert were ever available that I know of.

The Hauppauge PVR HD attaches with several cables to the satellite or cable DVR box independent of HDMI, HDMI was configured in a way to prevent intercepting and recording HD signals. Please note that even with the letters "HD" on the Hauppauge device, you're not going to be able to record HD with it - but it was good enough for me.

If you want to copy purchased DVD, HD, and BlueRay disks for personal backup use (don't give away or sell copies, or copy rented media, which is piracy), Slysoft AnyDvd HD http://www.slysoft.com/en/ and BlindWrite http://www.vso-software.fr/products/...blindwrite.php will get you there.

There is also audio (from any source) to CD conversion stuff out there too, some better than others.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:17 AM

I haven't seen any of the advertising anywhere around my neck of the woods.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 AM
SOS Associate

http://www.calendow.org/with_prevention.aspx
Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM

Seems to me that every one in politics is on the band wagon for illegals today. Want to know why? Votes, votes and more votes. No one thinks this is the USA any more. It is all Money and Votes.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:33 AM
SOS Associate

Default Sacramento County Sued For Prohibiting Ad That Stumps For Illegals

Sacramento County Sued For Prohibiting Ad That Stumps For Illegals

Quote:
In one advertisement, three workers stand with an “Undocumented Californian Facts” box depicted as a food label on one of them. Among the statistics shown: 92 percent work and pay $2.7 billion in taxes.

Another ad shows several people with the statement, “1.4 million undocumented tax-paying Californians lack health coverage.”

The ads by health nonprofit California Endowment have appeared in the rotunda of the state Capitol, on bus stops across Sacramento and as a 90-by-140-foot mural on a historic Los Angeles hotel.

But not in the Sacramento International Airport, where officials deemed them too controversial.

The endowment’s display case in Terminal B instead contains a piece of black canvas with white lettering: #Health4All.

In a written statement, airport spokeswoman Laurie Slothower said the ads violate a policy which “requires that under no circumstances shall advertising be displayed that would involve the county or the airport in controversial, social, moral, political or ethical issues.” The California Endowment also signed a three-year contract with the airport that explicitly barred political advertising.

But nonprofit leaders say they don’t believe the ads constitute political speech. And now the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California has gotten involved in the dispute, asking that airport officials allow the original billboards to appear and arguing that the decision amounts to a violation of constitutional free speech protections.

The ACLU also asked the county this week to provide records detailing how the airport determines an ad is political in nature.

Airports Director John Wheat declined to comment, saying through a spokeswoman that it doesn’t serve “either party’s interest to play this out in the media while we are in the process of responding to the (ACLU’s records) request.”

Endowment Senior Vice President Daniel Zingale said Sacramento airport officials have been the only ones to bar advertisements for the Health4All campaign. The endowment says the campaign “highlights the important contributions of undocumented Californians to our state’s communities and economy, while raising awareness of their lack of access to affordable health care coverage.” The campaign is intended to emphasize that undocumented immigrants also cannot get coverage under the federal health care overhaul.

Zingale acknowledged that the endowment’s contract with the airport, due to expire soon, explicitly barred political advertising. But the endowment did not expect any problems, and the airport ran ads from endowment campaigns prior to Health4All, he said.

He objects to the county’s ad policy, but says even under its guidelines, the Health4All campaign still falls outside its restrictions.

“ ‘Undocumented workers deserve health care,’ to me, is not a political statement,” he said. “It’s just the right thing to do.”

In a letter sent to Wheat this week, ACLU attorney Michael Risher also argued that the ads are not political: “They do not mention any political candidate, bill or initiative.”

In an interview, Risher said that no matter how the airport decided that the ads were political, the decision would appear to violate the U.S. and California constitutions. The airport allows commercial advertising of all kinds, and as a public agency, it cannot privilege one type of advertising over another, he said.

Leslie Gielow Jacobs, a professor at McGeorge School of Law and an expert in constitutional law, said the airport may be able to restrict political ads, depending on what its policy says and how it is enforced.

“It’s a complicated area of law,” she said. “In a city park, you would have to allow political ads. It’s an open public venue. An airport is a more limited type of public venue. People are just there to pick up their bags. The airport could possibly decide that political ads are not appropriate, as long as the policy is uniformly enforced.”

Call The Bee’s Brad Branan, (916) 321-1065. Follow him on Twitter @BradB_at_SacBee.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/21/656...#storylink=cpy

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 07-21-2014 at 06:42 AM.