Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 AM
"SZinWestLA"

FYI: Tom Campbell has indicated his approval of the notion of granting residency to illegal aliens who arrived here as minors.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:26 AM

Thanks DA.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
FYI: Tom Campbell has indicated his approval of the notion of granting residency to illegal aliens who arrived here as minors.
Really! What a shame. Does that have something to do with the massive number of illegals and a voting progeny????

I suppose the proper recipient of my vote would then have to be the person likely to do the least amount of damage.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Yeah, and?

Yeah, and I'm not voting for someone who is going to address California's biggest problem in a half-assed fashion.

Getting rid of some of the illegals is not enough to fix much of what is wrong with California. Getting rid of all of the illegals in such a manner that they take tens of thousands of their American-born offspring with them when they leave, is. Just about anything other than what is described in my last sentence keeps us on the financially ruinous and culturally poisoned Highway to Hell on which we are currently driving, only at a slower rate of speed.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 12-17-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and?
Do you approve of giving amnesty to illegals who arrived as minors?

What a strange idea. Why would amnesty not include illegals who arrive as minors? Why are amnesty advocates making this distinction?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I'm not voting for someone who is going to address California's biggest problem in a half-assed fashion.

Getting rid of some of the illegals is not enough to fix much of what is wrong with California. Getting rid of all of the illegals in such a manner that they take tens of thousands of their American-born offspring with them when they leave, is. Just about anything other than what is described in my last sentence keeps us on the financially ruinous and culturally poisoned Highway to Hell on which we are currently driving, only at a slower rate of speed.
My response was a bit too flippant

Well, there is one tiny little problem...ex post facto. It's in that silly document called the Constitution. Justice Chase in Calder v Bull (3 US 386 [1798], defined the first aspect of ex post facto as:

Quote:
Every law that makes an action done before the passing of the law, and which was innocent when done, criminal; and punishes such action.
I am all for changing the law to stop future illegal immigration. However, dealing with those that are already here is a bit more sticky.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:

Well, there is one tiny little problem...ex post facto. It's in that silly document called the Constitution. Justice Chase in Calder v Bull (3 US 386 [1798], defined the first aspect of ex post facto as:

I am all for changing the law to stop future illegal immigration. However, dealing with those that are already here is a bit more sticky.
I don't believe it would be ex-post facto to interpret the law. If it was a new law, that would be different.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
However, dealing with those that are already here is a bit more sticky.
Does not seem 'sticky' to me, it is just completing the job. Half a job is just that, half a job.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:

I'm missing the ex post facto distinction you're making (???) You lost me, dude.

I want illegal aliens to be deported. Whether they came here voluntarily or not is irrelevant as to current immigration laws. They're supposed to be removed, whether they arrived as adults or minors.

As a byproduct of the parents being removed (not legal action), I realize that many who are removed will take their children with them to preserve family unity or out of economic necessity. I consider that a good thing. Anchor babies graduate from high school in low numbers and are more likely to have run ins with the criminal justice system. As many as the families will carry back home is all good, from my perspective.