Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Amnesty Boy is out at CNN

The ironic thing, the remarks that apparently got him fired - I agree with at least 95% of what he said (Youtube clips).
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Default Sanchez

He should have quit while he was a head.

vaguely remembered something about CNN’s Sanchez having a DUI and when reading about it on Larry Sinclair’s blog decided to look it up.

Jeffrey Smuzinick supposedly ran out into traffic when Rick Sanchez, drunk, behind the wheel, struck and injured 32 yr old Jeffrey. A carpenter by trade. Jeffrey had severe head injuries and was paralyzed. He was in a coma for months. He underwent rehabilitation but ended up dying in a nursing home at the age of 36.

After hitting the man, Sanchez LEAVES the scene and runs home. He then returns later. Larry says he went home to get his drivers license and down a quick beer so he could tell the cops he needed to calm his nerves. (which makes it a hit and run)

When the New York Observer interviewed Rick, the subject of the killing came up. Rick, who has no problem attacking others on air, becomes defensive when the shoe is on the other foot. His excuse for driving drunk , injuring, paralyzing a man who ends up in a nursing home then dies?

“I was wrong, because I had a couple of cocktails, because I was over the legal limit,” he went on. “It could have happened to anybody. … There were probably a lot of other people leaving the stadium that had had a couple of beers as well.” The police tested him over one hour after the hit and run and he was still above the legal limit. I think he had more then just a couple.

Strange how a liberal never takes full blame for anything. Its all about them. Witnesses at the scene say Rick ignored the victim and it all became about Sanchez. as he loudly told police and bystanders that blood tests were pointless, and would hurt his public image.

Rick the ever compassionate person he pretends to be never visited his victim. Never called him to say he was sorry because well, its all about him.

No jail time. No charges.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
The ironic thing, the remarks that apparently got him fired - I agree with at least 95% of what he said (Youtube clips).
Gee, this is the first I heard about the firing. The Youtube clips are not something I can click on.
I have noticed a lot of changes on a lot of chanels lately.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:56 AM

I finally went to google to get the story and I agree I did not consider what he said to be that bad. I think it was the part about Jews owning the media that broke the camels back.
I have heard that Fox is not happy with Beck lately. He is the one I would like to see gone.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I finally went to google to get the story and I agree I did not consider what he said to be that bad. I think it was the part about Jews owning the media that broke the camels back.
I have heard that Fox is not happy with Beck lately. He is the one I would like to see gone.
What's wrong with Beck?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 AM

So Mr Rick Sanchez opened his big mouth as wide as he could, inserted his foot until it came out his rear end and it was too much for his bosses to put
up with and so they fired the Cuban born asshole. Good for them.

I was also born in Cuba, Guantanamo to be exact, and I have frequently felt offended by people like Rick who just don't love this country after having come from a dismal failure of a banana Republic.

Here's how Rick thinks of the USA.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

"Sanchez was born in Guanabacoa, Cuba, a township of Havana, and immigrated to the United States with his parents at the age of two.[3] He grew up in Hialeah, Florida, a suburb of Miami. He attended Mae M. Walters Elementary School, Henry H. Filer Middle School, and Hialeah High School, graduating in 1977. Sanchez accepted a football scholarship to Minnesota State University Moorhead and transferred to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis on a CBS/WCCO Journalism Scholarship in 1979.[4]

Of his childhood Sanchez has said, "I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid; watching my dad work in a factory, wash dishes, drive a truck, get spit on. I’ve been told that I can’t do certain things in life simply because I was a Hispanic."[1] He prefers to be called Rick Sanchez rather than use his birth name because, he said in a newscast in 2009, " ... I want to be respectful of this wonderful country that allowed us as Hispanics to come here, and I think it’s easier if someone’s able to understand me by Anglicizing my name." [2]

Sanchez worked as a delivery truck loader and as a City of Hialeah Parks and Recreation youth mentor." Rick thinks that in America he is a "minority" and has been treated very poorly. Maybe someone made him ride in the back of the bus or forced him to shine shoes while they referred to him as "boy".

Rick was always there for the illegals and in so doing embraced an anti-American ideal that made me furious.

For all of Rick's complaints he was treated like a king in the USA and he never
did anything worthy of his being in this country since he pulled for the illegals while denying the suffering they (and he by championing then) cause Americans.
Way to go Rick! Stick it to the Gringos that brought you here...you prick!

I just can't stand him.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 AM

If Sanchez was born in Spain instead of Cuba he would be "white" rather than "Hispanic".

I believe ethnic studies class turned Rick into the "pot calling the kettle black" bigot he is today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFwDdsYOrt8

A young friend of mine - who's parents were born in Aguas Calientes in Mexico told me the following:

His father, who along with the mother are naturalized, told the young man that he (the father) used think that he was looked down on because he is brown. But after he became a successful businessman he realized the problem is not so much about race as it is about the perception of poverty. So, the father's advice to the son was screw all those people who use "the white man is holding me down" excuse to justify personal inadequacy - work your ass off and become something and you will be respected.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
So Mr Rick Sanchez opened his big mouth as wide as he could, inserted his foot until it came out his rear end and it was too much for his bosses to put
up with and so they fired the Cuban born asshole. Good for them.

I was also born in Cuba, Guantanamo to be exact, and I have frequently felt offended by people like Rick who just don't love this country after having come from a dismal failure of a banana Republic.

Here's how Rick thinks of the USA.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

"Sanchez was born in Guanabacoa, Cuba, a township of Havana, and immigrated to the United States with his parents at the age of two.[3] He grew up in Hialeah, Florida, a suburb of Miami. He attended Mae M. Walters Elementary School, Henry H. Filer Middle School, and Hialeah High School, graduating in 1977. Sanchez accepted a football scholarship to Minnesota State University Moorhead and transferred to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis on a CBS/WCCO Journalism Scholarship in 1979.[4]

Of his childhood Sanchez has said, "I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid; watching my dad work in a factory, wash dishes, drive a truck, get spit on. I’ve been told that I can’t do certain things in life simply because I was a Hispanic."[1] He prefers to be called Rick Sanchez rather than use his birth name because, he said in a newscast in 2009, " ... I want to be respectful of this wonderful country that allowed us as Hispanics to come here, and I think it’s easier if someone’s able to understand me by Anglicizing my name." [2]

Sanchez worked as a delivery truck loader and as a City of Hialeah Parks and Recreation youth mentor." Rick thinks that in America he is a "minority" and has been treated very poorly. Maybe someone made him ride in the back of the bus or forced him to shine shoes while they referred to him as "boy".

Rick was always there for the illegals and in so doing embraced an anti-American ideal that made me furious.

For all of Rick's complaints he was treated like a king in the USA and he never
did anything worthy of his being in this country since he pulled for the illegals while denying the suffering they (and he by championing then) cause Americans.
Way to go Rick! Stick it to the Gringos that brought you here...you prick!

I just can't stand him.
You notice how so many use the excuse ""I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid" yet what I see every day while walking around this town and in California in general are Hispanics that are bilingual and fluent in English but refuse to speak English, whether it is to their friends or family. In a store or market they'll be chattering away in Spanish, then get to the checkout stand and when addressed by the checker in English, they respond in perfect English, so I know they speak both. Yet, when asked why they don't speak English, they will arrogantly reply "We can speak any language we want". Yet these are the same people demanding interpreters for their relatives and friends and feel no responsibility in providing an environment where they would learn. To the contrary, they feel it is more important that they "keep their culture" and let the gringo pay to facilitate it.

It does not take someone with even an average IQ to learn a language, and even someone with a below average IQ can learn even more than one language. It just takes exposure, especially when you're young. So for Sanchez to use the excuse that ""I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid" is the fault of both his parents and those in his community who refused to speak English, because many could have but refused as they continue to do today.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 10-02-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Archer

He was going home from a Miami Dolphins game when he hit the young man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
He should have quit while he was a head.

vaguely remembered something about CNN’s Sanchez having a DUI and when reading about it on Larry Sinclair’s blog decided to look it up.

Jeffrey Smuzinick supposedly ran out into traffic when Rick Sanchez, drunk, behind the wheel, struck and injured 32 yr old Jeffrey. A carpenter by trade. Jeffrey had severe head injuries and was paralyzed. He was in a coma for months. He underwent rehabilitation but ended up dying in a nursing home at the age of 36.

After hitting the man, Sanchez LEAVES the scene and runs home. He then returns later. Larry says he went home to get his drivers license and down a quick beer so he could tell the cops he needed to calm his nerves. (which makes it a hit and run)

When the New York Observer interviewed Rick, the subject of the killing came up. Rick, who has no problem attacking others on air, becomes defensive when the shoe is on the other foot. His excuse for driving drunk , injuring, paralyzing a man who ends up in a nursing home then dies?

“I was wrong, because I had a couple of cocktails, because I was over the legal limit,” he went on. “It could have happened to anybody. … There were probably a lot of other people leaving the stadium that had had a couple of beers as well.” The police tested him over one hour after the hit and run and he was still above the legal limit. I think he had more then just a couple.

Strange how a liberal never takes full blame for anything. Its all about them. Witnesses at the scene say Rick ignored the victim and it all became about Sanchez. as he loudly told police and bystanders that blood tests were pointless, and would hurt his public image.

Rick the ever compassionate person he pretends to be never visited his victim. Never called him to say he was sorry because well, its all about him.

No jail time. No charges.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Archer

CNN released this statement today:

“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company. We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well.“

They will broadcast CNN Newsroom from 3-5pm for the foreseeable future.

Here’s more from the story earlier today:

CNN’s Rick Sanchez is not happy with being made fun of constantly on The Daily Show and Colbert Report. It is from this jumping off point that he absolutely unleashed on Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, and at times his own network, on Pete Dominick’s satellite radio show yesterday.

The big takeaway – Sanchez calls Stewart “a bigot,” then walks it back a bit, and he implies CNN is run by Jews.

Dominick was not just a radio show host – he is a CNN contributor who has a regular gig on John King, USA (more on that below), and he formerly was the warm up comic at The Daily Show. Which is why when Sanchez says “I think Jon Stewart’s a bigot” early in the interview, Dominick pushed back:

Dominick: How is he a bigot?
Sanchez: I think he looks at the world through, his mom, who was a school teacher, and his dad, who was a physicist or something like that. Great, I’m so happy that he grew up in a suburban middle class New Jersey home with everything you could ever imagine.
Dominick: What group is he bigoted towards?
Sanchez: Everybody else who’s not like him. Look at his show, I mean, what does he surround himself with?

Here’s the audio (three segments in one): http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-...ired-from-cnn/