Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
SOS Associate

Default Donnelly's Office Tells Us To Take A Hike

My fellow SOS'ers

I recently received an email from The office of Assemblyman Tim Donnelly. It was written by his aide, Gregg Imus. In the email he took issue with the picture of the gallows attached to my signature line that I put there months ago when I was researching and posting information about the history of California's executions. Seizing upon that picture, he wrote the following:

Quote:
It has a picture of a hanging platform completed with nooses. I have no idea why you would post that photo but I want it taken of the site now! This lack of discernment greatly concerns me and I fear that all of our efforts to bring this bill to the capital will be hurt by crazy people that your movement attracts.
I'm not quite sure which movement he was referring to, nor how we attract crazy people, but in keeping with my policy of full disclosure here, I wanted you all to hear it from the horses mouth. I did remove the picture, not because of his demand of course, but because that project it was posted for originally had been back-burnered, and I had forgotten about it 'till now. I feel the "crazy people" reference was an unwarranted and completely unneccessary insult, and my first reaction was to defend you all, but then thought I'd better run it by everyone first. The email also included the following:
Quote:
Joe Turner is my friend and I supported and stood with SOS when he was at the helm. SOS is now a closed group and I do not acknowledge any new group charading as the original.
Thank you in advance for cleaning up this mess.
Gregg Imus
While I'm not sure what conjured this up, but my first guess is that it is related to the email I got from Jeff Schwilk the day before about the Jim Gilchrist interview:
Quote:
Gregg, this is the guy (Davi) we've been warning you about. Watch out for him at the rally on April 4. Keep your distance and warn the police like Chelene had to do when he was stalking her during her campaign for governor. He's a psycho and supports child killers. Keep your distance from this freak who was booted out of SOS and our movement and then he stole the SOS name for his fake Patriot group. He's an imposter.
So there you have it.
With this hanging over me, I don't think it's best for me to attend the event. Likewise, I have removed the promotion for it because from what I gathered, Donnelly's office does not want the association, or need our help.
With that said, I want to make it clear that this is just me, and SOS, and in no way meant to discourage anyone else in the personal sense, or any other groups. You all know SOS had previously suffered when former management sought to influence and pressure people over their other alliances and associations, and since then, we have formally rejected that practice. We always encourage participation and activism above most everything else, even when they aren't our events. The point is, none of this has to affect the rest of you. If you believe in the bill and support it, go to the event.
SOS will continue to work on events, and we will continue our effort to have a presence at the capitol. Nothing else will change.

Davi Rodrigues
Save Our State
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 PM

I sure wish I was up there to help you and have a good face of with this aid. This has the markings of Chelene and her twisted influence on a sick minded Schwilk. Wow, they will do anything to feel they aren't being ignored. It's not illegal immigration that they care about, it's themselves.

Chelene goes around claiming she's the Gov of Calif and he calls us the crazy people. Wow if that isn't twisted.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:24 PM

The scaffold thing seemed provocative when I first saw it, but knowing what I do about your fairness I didn't give it much thought.

Appearances mean a lot to some people, and the suggestion of a noose via the execution scaffold could be cataclysmatic. Regretfully, one of the things I have learned over the years concerning group politics is that it doesn't matter how sincere one is within one's heart, what one appears to do to the shallow is far more important than what one does in reality.

Do the best to stay true, but some political correctness will always apply as far as potential politics will rear its ugly head.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The scaffold thing seemed provocative when I first saw it, but knowing what I do about your fairness I didn't give it much thought.

Appearances mean a lot to some people, and the suggestion of a noose via the execution scaffold could be cataclysmatic. Regretfully, one of the things I have learned over the years concerning group politics is that it doesn't matter how sincere one is within one's heart, what one appears to do to the shallow is far more important than what one does in reality.

Do the best to stay true, but some political correctness will always apply.
The scaffold was just an excuse. The aid would have done this anyway, the scaffold just gave him something to point to.

There's a lot about some people that few know about and haven't taken the time to do much investigation to find out. That could be said of Joe and Chelene and especially Schwilk. But I have a feeling they're going to get some needed info in the future.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:33 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:

Do the best to stay true, but some political correctness will always apply.
If it was just the picture he had taken issue with, and had it not included the "crazy people" inference, I would have just changed it upon having it pointed out in a reasonable manner. But obviously, it's not just that.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 PM

I only spoke to Joe face to face twice, I don't know him.

I've had my experience with Chelene, but I can't speak for anyone else in that regard.

I don't know Schwilk and I don't give a rat's ass about him. He is not important to I and I'm not important to him.

However, appearances and perceptions do count for a lot. The exception by Donelley's aide may be an excuse for distancing, but appearances do count to the masses.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 PM

The above reply was to Jean, but the reference to "crazy people" is out of bounds.

The issue now is whether the aide is speaking for the politician or himself.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:51 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
However, appearances and perceptions do count for a lot. The exception by Donelley's aide may be an excuse for distancing, but appearances do count to the masses.
He went quite far beyond the picture, into something that really had no bearing on it whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
He went quite far beyond the picture, into something that really had no bearing on it whatsoever.
No argument here.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-25-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 AM

Thanks for your attention to this Davi. I'm not sure what is going on, but I like to see somebody like yourself corresponding with out elected officials.

I settle for form letters.

You might explain the setting for this little discourse. What was the email for exactly?