Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Default 6 more Illinois counties to use ICE's fingerprint program to identify illegal immigra

6 more Illinois counties to use ICE's fingerprint program to identify illegal immigrants
By Associated Press
1:18 PM CDT, April 13, 2010
CHICAGO (AP) — Federal officials say six more Illinois counties will use a fingerprinting program that allows authorities to check the immigration status of every person booked into jail.

The idea is to identify illegal immigrants.

Starting Tuesday, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Secure Communities program will be used in Lake, Madison, McHenry, St. Clair, Will and Winnebago counties.

DuPage and Kane counties already have it.

The program lets authorities match fingerprints against federal databases, including immigration records.

Secure Communities Director David Venturella says the program protects public safety by not releasing illegal immigrants who've been accused of violent crimes.

The program began in 2008. It's used in 19 states.
http://www.wqad.com/news/sns-ap-il--...,4678886.story
Old 04-15-2010, 04:18 AM

I'm still trying to find the clause in our laws that state that all illegals EXCEPT violent criminals get a free pass.

My understanding of the statute is that ALL persons illegally present in the US are guilty of a civil violation at the least , and other violations if they used fake id , etc.

I also understand the called for penalty is deportation.

I guess catch and release is alive and well

Did I miss something along the way?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 AM

I think this is OK. Nowhere in this announcement does it pose illegal immigrants as being otherwise present in a lawful manner. It is posed as just a common sense thing to do when you arrest somebody these days, you check to see if they are in the country legally. Even better would be to check if they are US citizens. Even if they are here legally, if they have been arrested, then their legal presence in the country should be put into question.