Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
#9 Yesterday, 06:46 PM
ilbegone
Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as an "Aztec" religion:

I don't think I would being going out on a limb by saying that there is no such thing, except for what has been absorbed into Mexican Catholicism.

Anyone who would pretend to resurrect it would be repeating the silly 1930's Nazi parody of trying to fit a selected interpretation of an ancient, long dead religion and stretching to have it make sense in the modern world.

Human sacrifice and cannibalism as a way to keep the sun rising every day and keeping the crops coming in as well as a power display won't make it today.

On the other hand, in one form or another, we still have some slavery in this country, a century and a half after outlawing it. We just call it by other names.

Speaking for myself, I believe the fight is about immigration rather than religion.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Can the above post be what is causing the problem?
No Rimo, I don't think that post was it. It could be something with the software or program. We'll look into it. I'll check it tonight.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Oath Keeper

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm sure you know of that.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingfool View Post
I'm not blaming anyone, I'm sure you know of that.
Yes we know you're not, but if there's a glitch in the software/program we want to know. We're checking into it.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I don't think it politically correct to point out that we do not discriminate on the basis of religion. I think I was pointing out that all religions are welcome here if they support our ideals, principles, and corporate statement. Saying that was not limiting your opinion or comment, but expressing a related view.
The problem is, islam is not only a religion. It is a political process and the entirety of civil and criminal law. I took the statement as not a religious statement, but a statement regarding those who are politically and socially muslims.

Not having the ability to differentiate between the religion of islam, the politics of islam and the laws of islam is how sharia becomes the law of the land as is happening in Britian.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
The problem is, islam is not only a religion. It is a political process and the entirety of civil and criminal law. I took the statement as not a religious statement, but a statement regarding those who are politically and socially muslims.

Not having the ability to differentiate between the religion of islam, the politics of islam and the laws of islam is how sharia becomes the law of the land as is happening in Britian.
I think we are up to deciding when our rules have been violated without taking into consideration sharia law here.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I think we are up to deciding when our rules have been violated without taking into consideration sharia law here.
Then when someone says "the muslims want to kill you" are they talking about religion or politics? If you lump everything together, where does that end? This is a teachable moment. Make the distinction and don't get in the habit of thinking that islam is only a religion because it is NOT.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM

It doesn't help to find out this is going on either.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/20...t-throats.html
Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
Then when someone says "the muslims want to kill you" are they talking about religion or politics? If you lump everything together, where does that end? This is a teachable moment. Make the distinction and don't get in the habit of thinking that islam is only a religion because it is NOT.
Our rules wouldn't be directed at religious practice; they're aimed at individual actions. we wouldn't restrict all bhudists because one sent out PM's against the rules like happened here recently.