Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Default California - worst run state in US

50. California
> Debt per capita: $3,990 (20th highest)
> Budget deficit: 27.8% (3rd largest)
> Unemployment: 10.5% (2nd highest)
> Median household income: $58,328 (11th highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 17.0% (18th highest)

For the third year in a row, California is the worst-run state in America. California faced a nearly $24 billion in budget shortfall in fiscal 2012, including a mid-year shortfall of $930 million and $8.2 billion carried over from the year before. California carries an A credit rating from Standard & Poor’s, and an A1 from Moody’s — both worse than any other state except for Illinois. Explaining its rating, Moody’s pointed to the state’s history of one-time solutions to resolve its budgetary gaps. It also noted the state’s “highly volatile revenue structure,” due to its over reliance on wealthy taxpayers. The Golden State was also among the worst states in the nation for educational attainment, health coverage, and unemployment.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...of-all-50-2/6/

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM

And to make that message really hit home for those in other states; California has roughly 15% of the U.S. population. To put that more as an understandable number; there are 50 states, spread the population equally each state would have 2%. Now consider that 15%, and then consider the size of California compared to Texas and Alaska. California is not a small geographically state, but it's not at all the largest, yet it has a huge population and having this state in such a crappy financial mess is a huge impact on the rest of the country.

We have some of the wealthiest people, yet we have much of the poor. What creates the problem is the liberal attitude of Hollywood, the media and the limousine liberals along the coast that really don't have a clue about what the poor need. They often live behind guarded gates and really don't get close to the poor or understand them. They just want to do everything for them and keep them in servitude which makes themselves feel good about using them to make their own lifestyle easier.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 AM

Default Something missing

Looks to me like there are a couple of factors missing in the evaluation: #1. Taxes. #2. Corruption.

I live in New York State, purported to be one of the highest taxed states in the Union. What are California's rates for the various categories?

As regards corruption I don't know how you rank but there are now apparently 4 cities/towns there that have gone bankrupt. Bell is an example of greed, gluttony and corruption.

So what is breaking California? And why are we, as a nation, wallowing in debt, unemployment and poverty. Amazingly simple *( for me ). I'm not a space scientist not a PhD. But I can easily understand in simple and elementary terms why!

a. Our nation is populating at unsustainable, breakneck speed. Not only illegal aliens but also legal migrants flooding in here. 125 MILLION in the recent past.

b. The masterminds have in reality farmed out *( called outsourcing ) vast numbers of industries overseas to foreign countries following the plan of Milton Friedman, economist. Sent manufacturing to cheap, labor countries who produce cheap goods for American consumers. The Americans who are displaced can "re-train" Yeah - right !!!!

Couple these elements with the flaming liberal, left, dysfunctional, progressives that have somehow ascended to political positions and "voila" you have a California debacle.

Now take Hollywood. Full of filthy rich performers. Apparently all dominated by Judeaism. i.e. directors and producers. Predominately bleeding heart liberals??? Most republican/conservative actors hide under the covers, with a few exceptions such as Jon Voigt and some others.

And what is the impact of Reconquista, MEChA, LULAC, La Raza, the Catholic church? PLENTY.

So those are the problems. What are the solutions? I know the solution's but what I am not able to portray are their implementations in practical implementation.

So we will go on until the situation gets unbearable and the majority of people are fed up to the eyeballs and then we will have regime change.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-13-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:43 AM

Here is another statistic on California.

California spent $57,923,591,137 (almost $60 BILLION) on education during the 2011-2012 school year with $17,908,913,160 (30%) going to teachers salary. In 2013, $50,584,391,000 went to k-12 and higher education, which is over 53% of the state's general fund.

When you hear Congress talk about cutting $4 billion or $5 billion and compare it to what California spends on education, it is a drop in the bucket. But then consider how many California's students drop out and how much of those billions are wasted.

This is where and how your tax dollars throughout the country are being used and wasted.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Looks to me like there are a couple of factors missing in the evaluation: #1. Taxes. #2. Corruption.

I live in New York State, purported to be one of the highest taxed states in the Union. What are California's rates for the various categories?

As regards corruption I don't know how you rank but there are now apparently 4 cities/towns there that have gone bankrupt. Bell is an example of greed, gluttony and corruption.

So what is breaking California? And why are we, as a nation, wallowing in debt, unemployment and poverty. Amazingly simple *( for me ). I'm not a space scientist not a PhD. But I can easily understand in simple and elementary terms why!

a. Our nation is populating at unsustainable, breakneck speed. Not only illegal aliens but also legal migrants flooding in here. 125 MILLION in the recent past.

b. The masterminds have in reality farmed out *( called outsourcing ) vast numbers of industries overseas to foreign countries following the plan of Milton Friedman, economist. Sent manufacturing to cheap, labor countries who produce cheap goods for American consumers. The Americans who are displaced can "re-train" Yeah - right !!!!

Couple these elements with the flaming liberal, left, dysfunctional, progressives that have somehow ascended to political positions and "voila" you have a California debacle.

Now take Hollywood. Full of filthy rich performers. Apparently all dominated by Judeaism. i.e. directors and producers. Predominately bleeding heart liberals??? Most republican/conservative actors hide under the covers, with a few exceptions such as Jon Voigt and some others.

And what is the impact of Reconquista, MEChA, LULAC, La Raza, the Catholic church? PLENTY.

So those are the problems. What are the solutions? I know the solution's but what I am not able to portray are their implementations in practical implementation.

So we will go on until the situation gets unbearable and the majority of people are fed up to the eyeballs and then we will have regime change.
What has saved many Californians has been Prop. 13 that has kept our property taxes at abut 1.5%. When Prop. 13 was passed it was suppose to be at 1%, but slowly crept up. There are leftist organizations like C.A.U.S.E. (a nonprofit strung all along the coast) that have tried to overturn Prop. 13 but failed so far. They keep trying though.
Our sales tax is anywhere from 8.5%-10% depending on which county you make a purchase from.
What they do here in California is hit you with FEES. That way they can say it wasn't a tax.
My biggest fee is the cost of paying for water each month. Just to have my water turned on and not even turn a faucet on, it costs me $125.00 each month. That's my water "fee".[/B]
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 PM

What has hurt California?

Several things.

A mass of people from other countries who work for nothing and eat all kinds of work place shit is one. California is well on the road to becoming the first third world state in the US.

Far left legislative fantasy is another, Jerry Brown's insistence on the mega billion dollar high speed train to nowhere with little to no available capital to build and operate it being a prime example.

Voters who buy into far left fantasy, whether from being bought off with government services, middle class kids who are "educated" into rebelling against middle class values, and Limousine liberals who have no idea of what is going on in real the world outside of their own removed from reality heads just down the hill from their own heavily policed, manicured communities.

Difficulty in legitimately operating a business, with some within the protected classes being quietly excused from compliance with overburdening rules and regulations (such as the health code concerning street vendors selling tamales, ethnic restaurants with large numbers of illegal employees within somehow operating with no apparent capital backing them while blatantly violating the health code, etc...).

Schools which fail to teach the kids how to read and write, but can sure teach English speaking kids to sing Spanish language songs - even if the kids have no clue as to what the words mean.

As mentioned above, the taxes disguised as "fees" scam, an end run around resistance to raising property taxes which rapacious legislators would surely raise beyond all reasonable bounds if not for Proposition 13.

The fact that California has 33% or more of the national welfare burden, with about 25% of California welfare dollars being sucked up by Los Angeles County alone.

One of the quieter outrages is, in spite of increased infrastructure capacity and lower demand, a CPUC proposed back door punishment for running air conditioners or doing laundry in the afternoon with electronic Time Of Use metering and higher prices for using KWH in the afternoon. As I understand it, those meters are also capable of detecting and passing on to the power company which late manufactured household appliances equipped to identify themselves through the circuitry are running at any time of day.

(A short list of infrastructure upgrade: The Sunrise power link and DPV2 transmission lines and substations built to take advantage of all those solar and wind projects sprouting up throughout the eastern deserts from the Mexican border to State Line not far west of Las Vegas, the TRTP transmission project running from the Tehachapi windfarm area to LA, and numerous other ongoing generation, transmission, distribution, and substation projects throughout the state. Due to the fact that the LA DWP is a mad cap municipality of a city run by political lunatics and the infrastructure is held together with bandaides rather than actual repair and reconstruction, Los Angeles might be in trouble).

Stay out of my wallet and leave me alone I say to the mad legislators, but of course that's going to fall on deaf ears in Sacramento.

Enough people have to get pissed off and take a stand, just a few getting loud are going to made examples of.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-13-2014 at 08:17 PM.