Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Default Sarah Palin? American Nationalist or Phony Patriot?

It's hard not to like Sarah Palin, with the way the Left has so viciously attacked her and in view of her clean, wholesome image.

But....does she really believe America has a right to exist? What does she think of illegal immigration?

Well, googling this issue, I found the few statements she ever made on the subject affirmed here belief in a "path to citizenship." Yuccckk! Another "Republican" dedicated to national suicide?

Palin's a great believer in the US going to war with Russia over the border dispute with Georgia....in other words, another globalist Trojan Horse who wants us to go to war with Russia while Mexicans walk across the border and take our country away. She's willing to go to war against a country that's doing nothing to us and ignore a neighboring country that's invading us and has pledged to take our country away from us.

Obama is so bad that anything looks better and there's a reflexive reaction to rally to Palin. But, we should not make the same mistake again. The cult of Ronald Reagan is almost like a religion for some "true conservatives", but Ronald Reagan gave us our first amnesty in 1986. Dwight Eisenhower, by comparison, carried out Operation Wetback in the 1950's and deported large numbers of them.

I've watched Palin's interviews and her book tours and frankly I think she's a fraud. Lots of slogans and cliches about low taxes, and Israel's "right to exist," blah, blah, blah, etc. (Why doesn't anyone ever ask a candidate if America has a "right to exist?" )

Does anyone else have any opinions about what I believe is the latest fraud that is about to be perpetrated on us...the candidacy of Sarah Palin.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 AM

I believe Palin is nothing but a Beauty Queen. I think that is how she thinks of her self also. She won a beauty contest on looks and not on brains. Maybe old McCain was only looking for 'looks' to help his campaign. Right now all she is interested in is making money.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Oath Keeper

My bets she will run on a different ticket, and I won't predict with who, but I have a good idea. If you have ever been to Alaska, they have very few illegal aliens.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingfool View Post
My bets she will run on a different ticket, and I won't predict with who, but I have a good idea. If you have ever been to Alaska, they have very few illegal aliens.
They don't have many people period
Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 AM

Default Sarah

As an old time Republican that voted for every Republic President since Ike, I liked Sarah and her attitude.

However, I don't think she is electable if she maintains her strong right wing position. Here's why.

It has been my observation that virtually no politician has the courage of their convictions They will say anything they think the voters want to hear. They will make any campaign promise and the day after inauguration it goes out the window. They flip. I've seen it around here time and again.

They pander to the Hispanic vote. It is truly becoming a very strong element now in elections.

Democrats outnumber Republicans.

When she quit as Governor. That was a big disappointment. True the opposition was attacking her incessantly and causing a run up of 1/2 million dollars in legal bills. She no doubt quit to go for the money which she is raking in now. I can't fault her for that.

Look at Ron Paul. Enormously popular with conservatives. Had all of the right ideas. Very sound and reliable, but look at how he ranked in the campaign.

Mitt Romney. Excellent choice. He would have straightened out this mess in short order.

And look at what we got - Obama !!

Huckabee - good guy but very fuzzy on immigration.

We'll wait and see who is running in the next election. I want to get to know them.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
When she quit as Governor. That was a big disappointment. True the opposition was attacking her incessantly and causing a run up of 1/2 million dollars in legal bills. She no doubt quit to go for the money which she is raking in now. I can't fault her for that.
I do fault her for that. I'm not sure I believe her story about quitting because of the mounting legal bills, and if she quit merely to make more money, that's even worse. But the main reason I don't trust her now is because she did quit, for whatever reason, in the middle of her first term no less. How do we know that if she were elected her to some other office, e.g., President, she wouldn't quit again?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Well, googling this issue, I found the few statements she ever made on the subject affirmed here belief in a "path to citizenship." Yuccckk! Another "Republican" dedicated to national suicide?
Yes, Don, that phrase always brings up the contents of my stomach too. Let's face it, there are damn few candidates, even Republicans, who are willing to stick their necks out and risk losing the Hispanic vote by opposing amnesty. It's going to take someone with a lot of courage and integrity to end this mess once and for all.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."