Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM

Arrow If Only Sarah Palin Knew the Truth about Illegal Immigration

If Sarah Palin would come out as strongly against illegal immigration as she does against abortion...I would vote for her, campaign for her and shout her name from the rooftops in a heartbeat!! Everything about her is wonderful and seemingly so ALL AMERICAN that we can all relate to her except for her wishy washy stance on illegal immmigration. That's the only UGLY spot on her, but it's enough to be a real turn-off when it comes down to voting for her and supporting her.

Even so, this is a really good article written about her and the trappings of liberalism and how to see behind the lies that leftists tell.

The Wilding of Sarah Palin
By Robin of Berkeley
November 24, 2009

When I was in college, I read a book that changed my life. It was Susan Brownmiller's tome, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape, which explained rape as an act of power instead of just lust. What I found particularly chilling was the chapter on war -- how rape is used to terrorize a population and destroy the enemy's spirit.

While edifying, the book magnified the vulnerability I already felt as a female. Fear of rape became a constant dread, and I sought a solution that would help shield me from danger.

The answer: seek safe harbor within the Democratic Party. I even became an activist for feminist causes, including violence against women. Liberalism would protect me from the big, bad conservatives who wished me harm.

Like for most feminists, it was a no-brainer for me to become a Democrat. Liberal men, not conservatives, were the ones devoted to women's issues. They marched at my side in support of abortion rights. They were enthusiastic about women succeeding in the workplace.

As time went on, I had many experiences that should have made me rethink my certainty. But I remained nestled in cognitive dissonance -- therapy jargon for not wanting to see what I didn't want to see.

One clue: the miscreants who were brutalizing me didn't exactly look Reagan-esque. In middle and high schools, they were minority kids enraged about forced busing. On the streets of New York City and Berkeley, they were derelicts and hoodlums.

Another red flag: while liberal men did indeed hold up those picket signs, they didn't do anything else to protect me. In fact, their social programs enabled bad behavior and bred chaos in urban America. And when I was accosted by thugs, those leftist men were missing in action.

What else should have tipped me off? Perhaps the fact that so many men in ultra-left Berkeley are sleazebags. Rarely a week goes by that I don't hear stories from my young female clients about middle-aged men preying on them. With the rationale of moral relativism, these creeps feel they can do anything they please.

What finally woke me up were the utterances of "bitch," "witch," and "monster" toward Hillary Clinton and her supporters early last year. I was shocked into reality: the trash-talk wasn't coming from conservatives, but from male and female liberals.

I finally beheld what my eyes had refused to see: that leftists are Mr. and Ms. Misogyny. Neither the males nor the females care a whit about women.

Women are continually sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. If under radical Islam women are enshrouded and stoned and beheaded, so be it........
READ THE REST HERE:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...rah_palin.html
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Oath Keeper

She definitely needs to speak on this issue. But as I have said earlier, there are not very many illegal aliens in Alaska.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingfool View Post
She definitely needs to speak on this issue. But as I have said earlier, there are not very many illegal aliens in Alaska.
But they are slowly but surely making their way up there and most of the locals are foolish enough to be welcoming them. I have a friend who works in the commercial fishing industry up there and he knows the score, but the native born Alaskans are clueless.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM

This is an absolutely powerful piece that identifies exactly what I have thought ever since Gov. Palin was asked to run for VP. The left is so afraid of her that they had to demonize her. She was everything that they wanted from Hillary Clinton, a strong, self-motivated, independent woman. Except that she did not need the protection of the left, and that is what created the hostility of the left towards her. I think that what she experienced was very much akin to what happened to Judge Robert Bork newly three decades ago. However, I expected hostility from the left, what I did not expect was hostility from the right. Case in point one of our more seasoned citizens calling Gov. Palin a "Barbie doll". I think that this is tunnel vision.

I can understand the tunnel vision that activists can get. We get so focused on our "pet" issue that nothing else matters. If we don't get everything we want in regards to our pet issue, then we will take our toys and go home, as if we are going to punish this country that is so much bigger than our pet issues.

There is a vacuum of leadership right now in this country. No one wants to take a chance, put out their vision of where this country should go, and walk the talk. I believe that Sarah Palin could be that person. Does she need to be educated on the topic of illegal immigration? Absolutely. She may be the right woman, no, person for the job of cleaning up Obama's mess. I will stand behind her until she demonstrates to me that she does not care about all the issues I am passionate about...not just one.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM

Career politicians on both sides are afraid of her, simply because they know she has wide appeal to the people who want to vote all incumbants OUT! That would throw a wrench into their little worlds where they think they're in office for personal agendas instead of for the good of this nation and its people. She understands that, they don't. She's not one of them and may expose what these blood sucking ticks up in DC have been doing to the American people for too long. She took on the good ole boys and Big Oil in Alaska and won...now if that doesn't make 'em shake in their boots....LOL!

What's that???? Oh, I think I can hear Democrats AND Republicans peeing in their pants at the mere mention of Sarah Palin's name in the same sentence with the word, "White House" in it! LOL!

Tags
berkeley, liberals, misogyny, palin