Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Is it time to pack up the tent?

Are we going to be having any SoCal events any time soon, or is what we've experienced since the end of last March pretty much the new norm? Will we have activist doings in 2011 (and I mean more than one or two) or is SOS now almost entirely a message board entity?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 AM
SOS Associate

We have three events up here in Sac coming up which I have obtained clearance on one so far. All three will be in January, and run three consecutive days. I posted this in this section:

http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3187

After I get the clearance for the other two, I'll post them in the official events section.
But as you can tell, there's not much interest from anyone in those. That doesn't mean to say we're a message board only though, because we have been doing events all along, including the one protest in Southern Ca against Meg Whitman's little concubine. We've held several up here too as you might remember, at the capitol.
I know it doesn't seem like much to those of us who want to see more, and who were passionately active over the last several years, but that doesn't mean we're dead, nor are we in spirit either. I tend to take these things in longer terms, so I'm a little more tolerant of the slow periods, which I'm hoping is what we've been experiencing lately. You gotta consider the nature of people too, in that they are always looking for the new sliced bread. Right now many are still infatuated with the TEA parties, although I see a little drifting already in those circles. People are always looking for new stimulus, kind of like they do with restaurants and movies. We're in it for the long haul though, and we will do what we can, when we can, as resources, personnel, and interest allows. I'd like to see more of course, but I do understand the circumstances of the times, as finances are dictating the participation of many people, especially me for that matter, and there are so many targets right now that seem to some of us as powerfully important as the immigration scheme. The elections, the economy, and the weather just to name a few.

But if it's any consolation, I'm just as motivated, and still interested in keeping up the effort as I was three years or more ago, and Jean and I are always discussing different tactics and actions that we can do with the limited resources that we have at present. We're certainly open to the input and participation of others, as we have always kept that door wide open, and there's no interest in just closing up shop or letting it slide purposely into a state of decay. We also respect the effort that you have given towards the organization, especially the actions you've put time and finances into, so if I haven't said it before, thanks from all of us.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Dude, you didn't answer the question.

Davi, I'm not attacking you nor am I making a confrontational inquiry. Further, I'm aware that you've orchestrated any number of things in Sacto. I was asking about SoCal b/c that's where the bulk of our membership is and commonly where events can be organized because we've got bodies, and can get more bodies through nearby outfits with whom we associate.

My question is are we going to be having events this year, down here, or are we pretty much message-board only now?

The reason I ask is b/c we've done next to nothing in L.A./OC/Ventura since Frank hung up his cleats. It's been approx. 9 months and Save Our State essentially sat on the sidelines during one of the most intense immigration event periods during our adult lives.

You don't have to justify yourself. I'm not accusing you or anyone else of anything. I'm just asking because we're at the beginning of a new year and the national immigration debate is heading for a resolution, one way or the other.

So, are we or aren't we?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
SOS Associate

Are we?
Yes

Do we have any planned down there right now?
No

I can't order people to do events. It is in our best interest to inspire them, coax them, aid them, and set examples for them; which I believe we are still doing. But quality is preferable to quantity, and picking the time and places to expend our capital is our best strategy right now. If you have suggestions, by all means let's try and act on them, but right this minute it's in the middle of a nasty winter and we are still trying to entice our former betheren back, so I don't want to toss a poorly crafted, run of the mill exercise that might just end up less than enthusiastic and cripple our credibility.
I don't agree that we sat on the sidelines this year. Considering what SOS went through...A thorough backstabbing by the former management, orchestrated to a goal of sinking the ship by sabatoge...and yet we got back on our feet in spite of their larcenous attempt, and held several events, one of which thrust the race card to a position where it was scrutinzed in the press. We've done OK for a near homicide victim.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:45 AM

We have such a few who really want to hit the streets anymore. I follow everything I can via computer, print and TV. I act on many of those things. I wish I knew what to say or do to help get people on the street. In most things, if you don't agree with everything a person utters, you have committed a no no.
We are entering a very important phase on our cause right now. House leadership is changing so everyone thinks 'Great, now we will get something done'. I am not so sure, remember, the new people are still POLITICIANS.

I will always do all I can, short of the street activism.
Good luck to all SOS and members.
I will take the time to say I truly thank all who have worked to make SOS a success. I am truly greatful for all you have done.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:43 AM

I have some thoughts on this, but I need to refine them a bit before I post.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 PM

Great Pocho. Think fast please. Ray Herrera has done many this year, and I've tried to make it to them all. There are so many coming out and shouting and they need to know that we are still around and ready. Love you all.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM

The movement, sos included has taken some trastic hits and imho the members, & public in general has given up. I have not. For reasons that some are aware of I cant go into specifics, but I am in Mexico alot and in dangerous places, no brag just fact. When we lost Campo, and again imho we lost it, we lost alot of momentum and spirit. I back sos now as I did a few years ago, but to keep the troops spirits alive they must be motivated and interested, not just up on what is going on, that is what the media does, inform us, people need their patriatism jump started for them to keep going. God Bless America and her people!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
SOS Associate

I'm happy to read that you're still with us 4shadows.

SOS has not given up either, and there's no need for a funeral here. The year has just begun, and there's lots to do. As always, everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I'm happy to read that you're still with us 4shadows.
So am I. I only met you once but I remember you a lot of times.
Stay safe my Friend.