Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Well it seems a few people here are starting to finally "get it"

If I would have made such a post a few years ago I would have been kicked off for being a raving racist.

Until you get rid of the pc BS and actually recognize the REAL enemy here , you are losing the battle.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
Well it seems a few people here are starting to finally "get it"

If I would have made such a post a few years ago I would have been kicked off for being a raving racist.

Until you get rid of the pc BS and actually recognize the REAL enemy here , you are losing the battle.
I will say it one more time. We are not the same people today as was those who were in charge at the old SOS. So please remember that when implying we may use a heavy hand today or in the future. And also remember the exact definition of political correctness. It does not mean a person can say anything they want and use PC to justify it. It is true that political correctness has created a great deal of the problems this country faces, but to use that as a reason or excuse when it truly isn't the case, then you lose the validity of the argument. I'm not saying you did that here, but if you overuse that stance it loses its credibility, such as being called a racist when you are only telling the truth, people are beginning to stop caring if they're called a racist.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 PM

CNN's Lou Dobbs: Shot fired into my home

'We'd had threatening phone calls ... it's now become a way of life'

Posted: October 29, 2009
6:47 am Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

CNN and talk radio host Lou Dobbs, a strong proponent of U.S. border enforcement, told his radio audience a gunshot was fired into his home after a series of threatening phone calls.

"Three weeks ago this morning a shot was fired into my house, my wife was standing there," he said on his nationally syndicated radio show Monday. "This follows weeks and weeks of threatening phone calls."

"This shot was fired with my wife not 15 feet away."

Dobbs said advocacy groups that support illegal aliens and have pressed for him to be fired "have created an atmosphere and have been unrelenting in their propaganda."

Outspoken opponents of Dobbs include the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Anti-Defamation League, the National Council of La Raza, Internet media watchdog Media Matters and Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

Last week, in a speech to Hispanics sponsored by New York City's largest Spanish-language daily newspaper, El Diario La Prensa, Rivera singled out Dobbs for what he called "the defamatory tone of the immigration debate" which has "slandered an entire race of people."

"Lou Dobbs is almost single-handedly responsible for creating, for being the architect of the young-Latino-as-scapegoat for everything that ails this country," Rivera said.

Rivera also told the audience his boss at Fox News assured him Dobbs won't be coming to the network.

"I can tell you proudly, when this man was widely rumored to be coming to my network, I called my boss a couple of weeks ago, and he said it's absolutely untrue," Rivera said. "Lou Dobbs is not coming to Fox News. He belongs at CNN. If they can justify his presence there that's their problem."

Dobbs' wife, Debi Lee Segura, told Foxnews.com today she was outside the house when the shot was fired in her direction.

New Jersey State Police Sgt. Steve Jones confirmed troopers were called to Dobbs' home in rural Wantage, N.J., at about 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 5.

Investigators were told Dobbs and his wife were outside their home when they heard a gunshot, and a bullet struck their attic, Foxnews.com reported.

"It struck the siding and then fell to the ground," Jones said.

Jones said the bullet was taken for analysis, and the incident is still under investigation.

More from Dobbs' Monday broadcast:

"If anybody thinks that we're not engaged in a battle for the soul of this country right now, you're sorely mistaken. And the more you stay on the sidelines and the more you don't make your voice heard, the more likely it is that we're going to lose this battle for the soul of the nation."

"My wife and I have been shot at, our driver, my house has been shot and hit. The investigation continues. I've had bodyguards now, you know, I'm not in the mood to put up with little fools like Geraldo Rivera."

"It's time we really awaken to what is happening in this country, it is ugly, it has to stop, and we have to find the courage to elect congressmen and senators, and yes, presidents who will speak truth. Not pander and not play politically correct games."

"We need to get real about what is happening in this country, and understand that if this battle for the soul of the country is lost, so much is lost that follows. Respect for our laws, respect for our borders, our ports, our national sovereignty."

"That respect demands, demands at least an honest debate on Capitol Hill about illegal immigration, it demands at least an honest debate on the airwaves."

"Why are we not enforcing laws, why do we not demand respect for our sovereignty, why do we not demand honest, open, straightforward debate."

"Why do we not acknowledge who were are, the most most racially, ethnically diverse society on the face of the earth?"

"Why don't we talk about how great this nation is, about the great things we accomplished, the great way in which we live, you know, the American way?"