Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
SOS Associate

Default 13 Illegals Caught Wearing US Marine Uniforms

SAN DIEGO -- Border Patrol agents in San Diego say they have caught 13 illegal immigrants wearing U.S. Marine uniforms.

Agency spokesman Michael Jimenez says Tuesday that agents found the group after approaching a suspicious parked van with altered U.S. license plates on March 14. He says it's not known where the group obtained the American military uniforms.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is handling the investigation. Navy investigators referred calls to Washington, D.C., and no one could be reached for comment late Tuesday.

Jimenez says two U.S. citizens who were with the immigrants were arrested on suspicion of alien smuggling. He says three of the illegal immigrants are being held in federal custody as witnesses and the others have been returned to Mexico, their country of origin.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/22/349...#ixzz1HNOH0FlF
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM

This does not surprise me. Probably on their way to Lucerne Valley.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Lucerne Valley - they say it's the water...

I haven't been to Lucerne Valley in about 15-16 years, which was usually in the course of my employment.

I viewed the greater Lucerne Valley area as generally a loose collection of tweekers, misfits, anti socials, crazies, felons on the lam, and people who just wanted to be left alone. Of course, that doesn't compose the entire population, just a majority in my view.

I did like the mom and pop burger shop, the Chinese restaurant, and the donut shop - which I believe was owned by a Vietnamese guy.

Is Lucerne Valley now over run with illegals? I believe the cement plant is about the only viable yet limited source of employment, and face it - there's not that many lawns to mow.

What's the draw for illegals?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:07 AM

they should be shot as spies.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post

... it's not known where the group obtained the American military uniforms.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is handling the investigation. Navy investigators referred calls to Washington, D.C., and no one could be reached for comment late Tuesday.

Jimenez says two U.S. citizens who were with the immigrants were arrested on suspicion of alien smuggling. He says three of the illegal immigrants are being held in federal custody as witnesses and the others have been returned to Mexico, their country of origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
they should be shot as spies.
Good idea. The Navy is investigating, but what's the point if most of them were thrown out of the country. Funny, but if the feds want them thrown out, they get thrown out. It's possible.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Yes, Lucerne still has the same things out there. I lived and still own property in Lucerne. It's a place to hide and fan out. As a matter of fact a notice was sent to me a couple of years ago by Code Enforcement. I couldn't believe what they put on the citation. Went out to check it out and my tenant had let about 5 families plant falling apart mobile homes on it. They were being help up by what looked like toothpicks. Well, they were paying him to stay in these make shift holes. I flipped out and kicked them all out that day. They pulled the don't speak English crap and then I went even more over board. If the police had been called, my body would have been taken to jail!
When I first moved out to Lucerne in 1989, my thoughts were the same as yours. The community has so many good people that do wonderful things it was an eye opener. My envolvement with the tweekers was radical also. But that's another story. That got real scary. Those people are crazy!
I believe Lucerne could be a hub for trafficking narcotics to other areas by the illegals.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM

REGION: New details in arrests of immigrants posing as Marines
A second suspicios van remains at large
Their vehicle wasn't right. They didn't know the Marine Corps' birthday. And they failed to give a "hoo-rah" when asked to do so.
Those were some of the clues that tipped a Border Patrol agent, who just happened to be a former Marine, to suspect that a van full of people dressed as Marines were really illegal immigrants, according to an amended criminal complaint filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in San Diego.
"This effort is an example of the lengths smugglers will go to avoid detection, and the skilled and effective police work and vigilance displayed every day by Customs and Border Protection personnel," Department of Homeland Security officials said in a statement provided by Border Patrol Agent Jerry Conlin, spokesman for the San Diego sector.
When agents stopped the van near Pine Valley, none of the 15 people inside ---- including 13 illegal immigrants dressed as U.S. Marines ---- was able to give the date of the Marine Corps' birthday. One agent, a former Marine, knew that tidbit gets drilled into recruits during basic training.
The March 14 encounter would end in the arrest of the occupants of the oversized van, bearing stolen and altered government-issued license plates, according to the criminal complaint.
The complaint names four men, including the driver of the van, as defendants. Federal prosecutors charged them with human smuggling.
Three of the defendants ---- Arturo Leyva Jr., who was the alleged driver; Jose Guadalupe Ceja Jr., the front-seat passenger; and Guadalupe Garcia Jr., who was driving a different car ---- are U.S. citizens, according to authorities.
The fourth defendant, Said Rodrigo Preciado-Torres, is a Mexican who had a valid border-crossing card, the criminal complaint states.
Attorneys for Leyva and Ceja did not immediately return comment Wednesday; court documents did not specify the names of the attorneys for Garcia and Preciado-Torres.
The brazenness raised a host of troubling, still unanswered questions: How did they get the uniforms? Are there current or retired Marines involved in the lucrative smuggling business? Were the uniforms only to trick immigration authorities or did the immigrants have more serious, military intentions?
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service ---- the investigative arm of the Navy, which includes the Marine Corps ---- has teamed up with the Border Patrol to find out.
"If people are pretending to be Marines for criminal reasons, we'll want to know why," said Ed Buice, spokesman for the Navy's investigative arm, known as NCIS.
Buice, however, said he couldn't discuss details of the investigation.
According to the federal criminal complaint, Agent S. Smith, who works out of the Border Patrol's Campo Station, was in plain clothes and driving an unmarked car when he noticed two large white passenger vans on the road with him.
The Border Patrol declined to give first name of the agent.
Smith noted that the first van bore Department of Homeland Security-issued license plates, but the body of the van was not the sort that Smith knew DHS vans to be, raising his suspicions, the complaint states.
And the license plate on the second van didn't reflect quite right in Smith's headlights; one of the numbers appeared to have been altered, prosecutors allege.
When Smith caught up to the second van and caught a glimpse inside, he noticed that the camouflage uniforms the occupants wore didn't jibe with what Smith knew Marines to wear, the complaint states.
Smith radioed ahead to a Border Patrol checkpoint near Pine Valley to report the find.
The complaint does not address what happened with the first van, but agents at the checkpoint stopped the second van and questioned driver Leyva and front-seat passenger Ceja. Both men had the name "Lopez" on their uniform name tag.
The driver told Smith that everyone in the van was a Marine. The agent asked the occupants of the vehicle if he could get a "hoo-rah," a cheer Marines are taught in boot camp; only Ceja responded. The other passengers "continued to sit like statues and remain silent," the federal complaint states.
Driver Leyva was unable to state the Marine Corps' birthday, another lesson Marines learn in boot camp. None of Leyva's passengers was able to produce military identification or immigration documents, and most told agents they were from Mexico.
Eleven were sent back to Mexico. The other two have been detained as material witnesses in the case.
In the meantime, agents learned that the driver of a green Mitsubishi Eclipse spotted on Interstate 8 near the two apparently fake government vans was also a part of the smuggling plan, the complaint states.
They located and pulled over the Eclipse, then turned up military insignia underneath the front seat. Agents arrested the driver, Garcia.
Further investigation led agents to believe the other van had been driven by Preciado-Torres. He was arrested Tuesday, more than a week after the incident, when he crossed from Mexico into the U.S. on foot.
The defendants are due back in a San Diego federal courtroom Tuesday for their preliminary hearing.
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sd...f1a19478c.html
Old 03-25-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Excellent !

Perfectly useful input.

Great work.

Thanks.