Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Default Demand that John Boehner be removed!

It’s time to call for a new House Speaker.

Demand that John Boehner be removed!

John Boehner and the Republican leadership is preparing to stab the entire nation in the back and fund Barack Obama’s illegal executive amnesty.

John Boehner’s plan to handle Barack Obama’s executive amnesty is to: Fund the entire government until Sept. 2015, and fund the DHS until March, which will allow for the implementation of the executive amnesty and pass a phony fig leaf “reprimand” of Obama’s executive order.

In effect under John Boehner’s plan the government will be funded for one year, DHS, which will implement Obama’s work permits and Soc. Sec cards for the illegals will be funded, and the toothless fig leaf reprimand will pass the House, but never be taken up in the Senate.

In effect, Obama, LaRaza and the "US Chamber of Cheap Labor" gets virtually everything they want and Americans get a knife in the back, strategically placed by the joint cooperation of Obama and John Boehner.

It is also no coincidence that in the Senate under the New Majority leader Mitch McConnell, Senator Jeff Sessions will likely lose his chairmanship, which appears to be retaliation for his leadership in the fight to oppose amnesty for illegal aliens.

It’s time to demand that John Boehner be removed!

Once Obama’s amnesty has begun implimentation, there is less chance it will be stopped later, and if Republicans are afraid to stand up for Americans now, there is little chance that they will find the courage at a later date.

The truth is John Boehner, Kevin McCarthy and much of the Republican leadership has supported mass amnesty for a very long time, and they are actually not unhappy that Obama gave this to them. It is clear that John Boehner will not put up much of a fight, and this is why it is time that he is removed.

Friends, the die has been cast, and if this amnesty is allowed to stand we will soon find that this amnesty for 5 million will likely turn out to be 15 million, and open borders will be permanent and irreversible.

Call our Republican Representatives tomorrow and demand that John Boehner be removed.

Hal Rogers 202-225-4601

Kevin McCarthy 202-225-2915 661-327-3611

Buck McKeon: 202-225-1956 661-254-2111

Ed Royce: 202-225-4111 714-255-0101

Duncan Hunter: 202-225-5672 951-695-5108

Darryl Issa: 202-225-3906 760-599-5000

Dana Rohrabacher: 202-225-2415 714-960-6483

Ken Calvert: 202-225-1986 951-277-0042

Steve Scalise: 202-225-3015 985-340-2185

John Boehner: 202-225-6205 513-779-5400

Dial *67 then the number to block caller ID.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Somebody needs to do something!!! The ugly bastards.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
[SIZE="7"]
Dial *67 then the number to block caller ID.[/B]
In case someone thinks they can anonymously be offensive, threatening, harass legislators beyond organized mass protest calls by many people that flood and crash their network, or can carve a bigger footprint on a subject by blocking caller ID and calling a bazillion times:

They have software and / or permissions that negate caller ID.

I believe they know how many times you have called in on a particular phone on a particular subject on any particular day, and if you get quite rowdy I believe there are federal legal remedies, I don't think it matters how many different names or zip codes you give them - you are probably not completely anonymous.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-03-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Do I make rowdy call? sometimes!
Threaten to with hold my vote or support? Yes, most definitely!

Inform them that many people will also withhold support? Yes

Threaten, personal harm? Are you kidding me? Never!

As for caller ID? From my experience, I am pretty sure, it does block your ID. Callers have rights and I'm pretty sure that those rights don't stop at the District of Colombia border.

Illbegone, calling and visiting our elected officials is one of the few tools our laws give us to engage our representatives, and with out those tools what is there left...pitchforks and real violence?

Ilbegone, we are paying for those phones and call takers, so we might as well use them.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 12-03-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM

I base my statements on:

I called a vendor I had never contacted before on the other side of the country with caller ID blocked who didn't answer his phone, I didn't leave a message when prompted, he called me back several hours later. I don't remember the details, but I recall something about commercially available products that punch through blocked caller ID

Out of curiosity, I asked one of Feinstein's aides in Washington how they would know if someone called them multiple times in one day with the same issue, the gentleman said that the phone number came up and was attached to the call and the statement. So if there were 525 calls about an issue but 500 came from the same phone, there were only 26 people who had called about the issue. I used caller ID that day, I'm not sure if I was among the 25 or if I was the collective 500.

It follows that if you call them several times from the same phone with the same message it doesn't really fool them by spouting out different zip codes.

If you call them enough over time, they will recognize your voice. It's happened to me, I've had some call me by my name without identifying myself.

For a while I had called my congressman multiple times a day across all his offices with caller ID blocked informing his staff of my belief that he was a racist bastard and said all sorts of things which went across his political grain. After a couple of weeks of that, my calls were automatically rolled over to an answering machine every time I called. However, whenever I used another phone I immediately got through to an aide every time.

Generally, if they listen to me, I'm polite with the aide because I figure they just work there. I have been angry and have yelled, but I try not abuse the help unless they argue and talk over me. There are some who have made it forcefully clear it was time for them to go on to another caller, but I've never been hung up on.

There have been some I like, but the truly good ones who will truly listen when they disagree with your point of view are rare.

Anymore, I just call them once a day per issue, and if I have multiple issues I'll deal with one issue per call and try to spread them out between the legislator's offices, the aides don't get so cranky that way and are more likely, I believe, to pass my messages on. If the boss doesn't get what I nicely say to the aide, there's always the next election.

And if I'm dealing with a good one who doesn't get huffy because I'm saying something their boss doesn't like, I do my best to be gentle and reasonable with them, they are being courteous with me. I think they deal with all kinds of loud assholes on every side of the issues.

It's not quite the same, but close: if you don't like spit in your food don't piss off the cook. If you want your message passed on...

I'll call Feinstein and my Congressman, but I don't waste my time with Boxer. There is no reasoning with her or her office, politeness or not, and the only thing that's going to turn her out of office in our state is either by her dying from old age later or being struck by a meteorite sooner.

I'm praying for the meteorite.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-03-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 PM

You've got a lot of experience dealing with the call takers at the Congressional offices.

You have good advice and I'll make my calls tomorrow on my cell phone, which has a different phone number.

I really don't know if they can trace the name or area code through caller ID if one dials *67. I use caller ID only when I'm calling an out of area district.

In a way though it doesn't really matter to me, we're paying for those phone lines and I'm going to use them.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:55 AM

Default My Take:

First off I NEVER call politicians. I write snail mail on my letterhead and mail it to them. You would be surprised at how many actually reply. Probably 90% return letters.

Calling is to some aide that probably never transmits it. Letters are potent and usually laid on the intendeds desk.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Calling for John Boehner's removal may be a - feel good - but it is innocuous and it "just ain't going to happen".

However, I will say as a VERY old timer, that I am disappointed in the Republican party. The RNC is bugging me constantly to shell out but I haven't. I may be a registered Republican but I am certainly NOT supportive any more.
__________________________________________________ _______

I have tracked Boehner's many positions and I am skeptical of the news media who have proven to be untrustworthy, undependable charlatans.

I would like to say that politicians now a days are not like the old days but it would be a misleading deception. Many Politicians were, back then, and now, political whores. Nothing has changed.
__________________________________________________ _________

We are certainly in the grips of a dilemma alright. The pro's and antis are locked in a death struggle like I have never seen before. I do believe that the citizens are undergoing a slow but steady transition of liberalism, tolerance and stupidity with emphasis on STUPIDITY. As we whites *( Make that Caucasians ) are more and more watered down and diluted with browns, blacks and off shore immigrants, eventually we will become the minority at the mercy of those same. This transition will occur over many decades and will most likely prevail after mid century and by 2100. Long after I am gone.

Those progressions will eventually overwhelm everything to the point that the situation is no longer sustainable. Natural resources will be exhausted, floras and fauna will become insufficient and the whole planet earth will be completely devastated to the point that it will no longer be livable. I saw this already in Ethiopia 20 years ago where the natives were dying en-mass from starvation.
__________________________________________________ _____

The concerns here expressed, by posters, are certainly justified. But look before you leap. As Reagan said: Trust but verify.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM

So as to remind of the message of the thread:

Quote:
It’s time to call for a new House Speaker.

Demand that John Boehner be removed!
I don't think it matters if the message is a call, email, or old fashioned hard letter, I believe that the astronomical odds of the target politician actually seeing any real content is practically nil, 99.9999999% is filtered through an aide who assigns the message to a category and reduces the message to a minimum of bullet points, all subject to the interpretation of the aide. I prefer personal interaction with the aide.

If the aide likes what you say, you will have more say. If the aide doesn't like it...

I'm cynical enough about the process to think that unless an action is required in the case of an individual problem (The SSA is screwing over your newly widowed grandmother, the legislator tears a chunk out of someone's ass, The SSA dispenses the SS benefit grandma is entitled to) they throw broad thoughts into various electronic hoppers, maybe someone looks at it, maybe the janitor throws it out during his graveyard shift.

I think they are primarily interested in broad trends in terms of public opinion concerning issues rather than understand an individual message. The aide has to like an idea or understand an importance of a communication for there to be any chance of specifics passed on to the legislator.

But, one thing is for certain: if they have an address they will all send the same say nothing, diversionary, self promoting form letter they send to thousands of other people on a particular subject.

In the meantime, how about if we drop the race stuff. Many of those people are used to a cynical end as voting blocs, victimization pimping is a big part of the polarization they need to motivate people who might not be stirred otherwise.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.