Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Default Demonstration turns into shoving match at state Capitol

Demonstration turns into shoving match at state Capitol

SACRAMENTO, CA. - Two opposing groups were at the California Capitol Saturday afternoon rallying for their causes.
SLIDESHOW: Tea partiers and MoveOn.org activists face off
With hundreds of supporters each, tea partiers and MoveOn.org activists faced off on opposed sides of 10th Street.
MoveOn.org organized the rally to support union workers protesting in Wisconsin. Tea partiers organized the rally against union workers.
"Gov. Walker has created a false sense of fiscal emergency in his state," said a veteran teacher from the Sacramento Unified School District.
"Collective bargaining means that they go to their empoyer and try to coerce more pay or benefits out of them," countered East Bay's Jose Ornelis.
The opposing rallies were divided by 10th Street, west of the State Capitol. All was peaceful, until members supporting unions crossed the street.
An amateur videographer caught a shoving match on tape. The video showed a face to face argument right before Richard Andazola, 28, of Stockton, shoved a tea party activist.
"He bum rushed across the street, came right at us, swung his bullhorn at me, hit me in the hand and then put his hand around my throat and started choking me," Rodney Stanhope of Placerville said.
The video doesn't show the choking incident, but clearly shows the shoving. Because of it, Sacramento Police officers cited Andazola for battery.
Andazola tells a different story though.
"He was spitting on me, he's bigger than me, and I told him to get off of me," Andazola said. "I was backing up and he was staying on me 'til the point that he spit in my mouth."
That incident was the only one that occured. The rest of the demonstration fizzled out with arguments yelled across 10th Street.
All of the demonstrators were gone by 3 p.m. when the rallies ended.
http://www.news10.net/news/article.a...=top&catid=188
http://www.news10.net/video/default....l/804853528001

http://www.news10.net/video/default....1/804853528001

http://www.patriotactionnetwork.com/...msg_share_post
Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 PM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4559550/r...assed-attacked
Reporter Mike Tobin Harassed, Attacked
Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 AM

Liberals have always believed in violence against the rest of us.

In 1946, the Academy Award for "Best Picture" was awarded for a post war propaganda film called "The Best Years of Our Lives" It starred Frederick March, Dana Andrews etc. The theme was the "trauma" of returning US WW2 veterans (America was not bombed and suffered no civilian casualties unlike German and Japan, but it was returning American soldiers who suffered "trauma" from the transition from military to civilian life. Got that?)

In any event, Dana Andrews, a returning a B-17 pilot, returns to have to work as a soda jerk in a drug store. An old man comes in and they have a conversation about politics and the war. The old man criticized the war as unnecessary and Dana Andrews attacked him, punched and and beat the Hell out of him.

Understand that the Dana Andrews character is portrayed as a war hero...a war hero who smoothly and seamlessly makes the transition from dropping fire bombs on German civilians during the war to beating the Hell out of elderly American civilians who have different political opinions, after the war ends.

Free speech does not and was never meant to apply to non-leftists, either in the 1940's or today. Lenin was ultimately right. The faction that controls a nation's cinema will ultimately control the nation.

Last edited by Don; 02-28-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
The theme was the "trauma" of returning US WW2 veterans

I've never served in the military and I don't know much about it.

At one time I was curious about Viet Nam and asked coworker veterans and others about it.

I eventually realized that if they needed to talk about it they would talk to someone who understood, and I was not in the position to understand. The ones who were really in the thick won't talk much.

A friend, who was Army Recon, did tell me that every bad thing that was ever done to him was done in Viet Nam, that the rest is a piece of cake. This is the same man that upon returning to the states beat a man down into the curb bleeding and unconscious for no apparent reason, with the explanation that the man was an asshole and he had received a lesson - which was not in his character before he left for the war. The man had also told me, without a shred of being proud of it, that he had killed men, women and children in Viet Nam.

Another friend, whom I had always known to be happy go lucky, was a former Seal in Viet Nam, which I didn't know until one night while visiting he broke down crying, telling me about the nightly dreams and all sorts of ugly things he was a part of in Viet Nam. He never told me another single thing about it the rest of the time I knew him.

Another man I have known more recently has always treated me with respect, but he is unusual in that he liked the war while he was there. I think he was a part of the 101st Airborne in a unit which inserted "spooks" (CIA personnel?) and snipers. I'm not sure what it means, but people who did his type of work in Viet Nam were "Snake Eaters". He also described a limited amount of the nasty stuff to me, such as the killing of prisoners (No way to transport them under the circumstances) and civilians which stumbled on them and may have blown their cover if allowed to escape. One thing I do know about him is that he is not a bullshitter, and I have every belief that if someone were to commit some sort of trespass, such as cheat him out of money, that person's body would never be found.

Some now deceased relatives were in Viet Nam, they avoided the topic.

I have heard of WWII vets who had the dreams and were negatively changed by the war.

A couple of years ago I worked on a job in Fort Irwin with all the ranges and "Iraqi" and "Afghan" villages and such. The exit lane out of the base on Fort Irwin Road had a sign that proclaimed "NOT ALL WOUNDS ARE VISIBLE. It then stated something about suicide and helping one's comrades cope with post traumatic stress.

A movie based on the book All Quiet on the Western front showed, among other things, the great chasm between those who go to war and those who read newspapers about it.

I haven't been to war. How can I possibly understand it or honestly and fairly judge someone who has been?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-01-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Liberals have always believed in violence against the rest of us.

In 1946, the Academy Award for "Best Picture" was awarded for a post war propaganda film called "The Best Years of Our Lives" It starred Frederick March, Dana Andrews etc. The theme was the "trauma" of returning US WW2 veterans (America was not bombed and suffered no civilian casualties unlike German and Japan, but it was returning American soldiers who suffered "trauma" from the transition from military to civilian life. Got that?)
Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii, IS American soil. The Japanese bombed the hell out of it and there were civilian casualties. It was the reason America joined the war. Btw, English civilians suffered many German bombings on their soil.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii, IS American soil. The Japanese bombed the hell out of it and there were civilian casualties. It was the reason America joined the war. Btw, English civilians suffered many German bombings on their soil.
At the time Hawaii was bombed, it was not a state but was a territory, like Alaska, Midway Island, Wake Island, Guam and the Phillipines, all of which were bombed and invaded by the Japanese.

The US mainland was not touched by bombs and returning WW2 vets did not have to deal with bombed cities, massive famine, epidemics and a slaughtered civilian population.

Last edited by Don; 03-16-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM

/..
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
returning WW2 vets did not have to deal with bombed cities, massive famine, epidemics and a slaughtered civilian population.
They dealt with it while they were there, and many dealt with it the rest of their life.

I remember a comment by someone about travel agency advertisement for tours to Vietnam after it "opened up" to the United States "...Why should I pay for a ticket to Vietnam when I go there every night for free?"

What's the point of all this anyway?

The rabidly liberal are hypocrites concerning peace and violence. Jane Fonda is a traitor bitch. Germany lost most of two generations of men. Japan wasn't actually defeated at the end of the war despite the beating they took. People are affected by what they experience, some every night for the rest of their lives. And America was not bombed on its own soil in WWII.

Ok.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
SOS Associate

It's looking to me, a lot like the shoving match at this event was instigated by a couple people from our side of the street, who have a side agenda that they would like to co-opt the rest of us for. The one who was allegedly assaulted has waay exaggerated the effects of his alleged injuries, and from all the videos I have seen from our side that day, the injured party went way out of his way to get in the union guys face. I don't know if this guy is made of glass or fine china, but personally I'd be embarrassed over the extent of my claimed injuries after such a mild encounter.