Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-19-2013, 04:13 PM

What I've noticed has really changed is the lack of skilled labor. The last few months Fillmore advertised for a full time City Maintenance II position starting between $17.50-$21.50 an hour. They ran the ad for about 6 weeks and a few people applied but no one could meet the qualifications. So now the City is lowering its expectations and will be advertising for a Maintenance I which is close to an entry level position. This sort of thing is happening everywhere. What has happened is Americans have been pushed away from working certain jobs because they either don't speak Spanish or the HR's will only hire Hispanics and most young people don't want to take the time it takes to obtain the skills or invest in the education to get the theory. We have a really ignorant work force these days. Really skilled labor is getting harder and harder to find. This is going to have a really negative impact on this country and it won't matter who is in charge.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:30 AM

Oh Rim, I am not that tired. I have grown older of course, but the fire still burns hot on this issue

I don't mean that as something bad. When you talked about 'something' keeping you down, I thought you were ill. Glad to hear you are not.
That old age thing just keeps counting. Tired comes with the age.
No hard feelings?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM

Default Hi Guys

We here on the east coast appreciate our fellow Americans on the West Coast. The fire burns in your belly.

Not to disparage, we New Yorkers lost 3,000 of our good and decent people including friends and family members permanently injured 9/11 2001. The collateral damage continues. At present over 40,000 injured, damaged, injured, sick dying from toxic pollution . In addition we have survived 14 fourteen malevolent attacks by lunatic terrorists.

On that theme I'm providing here a link to new studies about illegal immigration crimes. My data that I have distributed for years has now been eclipsed by this shocking addition. I have contacted the author for updates and additions and also significantly distributed this to law enforcement and politicians.

http://cis.org/myth-law-abiding-illegal-alien

Thanks for what you all do to rescue our great nation.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:04 PM

Jean, can you give me the info to apply for that maintenance job?

I think I might know someone who might want it.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Jean, can you give me the info to apply for that maintenance job?

I think I might know someone who might want it.
You'd have to contact the City of Fillmore City Hall. I'm not sure when or if they've already advertised for the job, but you can ask. They by law have to advertise for any city position. Anyone with some sort of skill set should land that job if they apply.