Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Default Calderon's Government Deports Illegal Foreign Nationals

I am curious about two things:

First, when did Wolf Blitzed grow a set and actually ask hard questions?

Second, how quickly did an Obama administration flunky call CNN to chastize Wolf Blitzed for this error?

Quote:
(CNN, May 20, 2010 Washington, D.C.) - Mexico's president addressed a joint meeting of Congress on Thursday, urging members to work toward fixing the immigration issues that have plagued the border relations of the neighboring countries.

In his call for reform, though, Calderon denounced Arizona's recently amended SB1070 law, which requires law enforcement officials to question during a "lawful stop, detention or arrest" people suspected of being in the country illegally.

"I strongly disagree with the recently adopted law in Arizona," Calderon said to a standing ovation from the members of Democrat Congress. "It is a law that ... introduces a terrible idea using racial profiling as the basis for law enforcement."

Now let's see what he said on CNN yesterday.

May 19, 2010

WOFF BLITZER: So if people want to come from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador or Nicaragua, they want to just come into Mexico, they can just walk in?

CALDERON: No. They need to fulfill a form. They need to establish their right name. We analyze if they have not a criminal precedent. And they coming into Mexico. Actually...

BLITZER: Do Mexican police go around asking for papers of people they suspect are illegal immigrants?

CALDERON: Of course. Of course, in the border, we are asking the people, who are you?

And if they explain...

BLITZER: At the border, I understand, when they come in.

CALDERON: Yes.

BLITZER: But once they're in...

CALDERON: But not -- but not in -- if -- once they are inside the -- inside the country, what the Mexican police do is, of course, enforce the law. But by any means, immigration is a crime anymore in Mexico.

BLITZER: Immigration is not a crime, you're saying?

CALDERON: It's not a crime.

BLITZER: So in other words, if somebody sneaks in from Nicaragua or some other country in Central America, through the southern border of Mexico, they wind up in Mexico, they can go get a job...

CALDERON: No, no.

BLITZER: They can work.

CALDERON: If -- if somebody do that without permission, we send back -- we send back them.

BLITZER: You find them and you send them back?

CALDERON: Yes.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Amazing how that double standard is painted all over this issue.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 PM

There isn't a double standard from Calderon's point of view. Immigrants go from one country to another. Migrants go from place to place within the same country. Calderon repeatedly refers to mexicans as migrants. It's ONE country. That country is mexico. They are not El Salvadorans, or Guatemalans, those are IMMIGRANTS. To mexico going to the US is the same as going from Sinaloa to Chihuahua. They are migrants.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
First, when did Wolf Blitzed grow a set and actually ask hard questions?

Second, how quickly did an Obama administration flunky call CNN to chastize Wolf Blitzed for this error?

I was pleasantly surprised myself. I didn't expect a fair set of inquiries to be lobbed at Mexico's president while being interviewed on the Clinton News Network.