Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
SOS Associate

I thought I already captured the worst photo of Chelene, but now here's one that may be a top competitor. Almost looks Halloween-esque

aip3 by Nightingale For Governor, on Flickr
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Chelene's usually pretty photogenic. Besides, she'll get a lot more opportunities in front of the camera after she wins the gubernatorial election tomorrow.

------------

NIGHTINGALE HISTORIAN NEEDED

OK, I heard an interview of Chelene on Public Radio and this portion of an answer she gave stuck out - at least to me.

The reason it caught my attention was I have had two separate conversations in the past couple months, with two separate SoCal activists well known to most of us, in two separate counties at different events.

Both people said the same thing to me. Specifically, they were convinced Chelene would change her position on illegal immigration in a second if she thought it would benefit her in some fashion.

For my part, I can't recall ever hearing Chelene flip-flop or "wander" on the issue. However, Chelene and I were never close friends and never spoke at length. Therefore, I don't know if this portion of a meandering answer she gave to an inquiry on radio, is actually inconsistent with anything she's ever said previously.

If someone knows if this differs from what she's said in the past, please chime in.

I also do support, just so you know, an agricultural work program, I think that's a must and those families should be staying here. Um, but, y'know, this, this issue is complicated because we've allowed the government to open up the doors basically. I, I don't see where, I, I just want to make this clear too, I don't support deportation at all. I think that's very inhumane.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
I also do support, just so you know, an agricultural work program, I think that's a must and those families should be staying here. Um, but, y'know, this, this issue is complicated because we've allowed the government to open up the doors basically. I, I don't see where, I, I just want to make this clear too, I don't support deportation at all. I think that's very inhumane.
Sounds more like Meg Whitman to me. Could she be going after the Latino vote?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 AM
SOS Associate

Pedictably, Chelene did horribly. She didn't even make the 2% level. a few of the counties she pulled a little better when taken individually, but since this was a statewide race, those don't matter when diluted by the greater mass.

I was reading how the press treated O'Donnel after the defeat, and she pretty much mirrors Chelene in history and temperment. Both had no experience, no real education, and both lied about their credentials. Both lost their homes prior to the race, and both had debts owed to supporters and others before their run. The similarities don't end there, but O'donnel probably cost the republicans that possibly pivotal seat, whereas Chelene didn't even come close to mattering.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Pedictably, Chelene did horribly. She didn't even make the 2% level. a few of the counties she pulled a little better when taken individually, but since this was a statewide race, those don't matter when diluted by the greater mass.

I was reading how the press treated O'Donnel after the defeat, and she pretty much mirrors Chelene in history and temperment. Both had no experience, no real education, and both lied about their credentials. Both lost their homes prior to the race, and both had debts owed to supporters and others before their run. The similarities don't end there, but O'donnel probably cost the republicans that possibly pivotal seat, whereas Chelene didn't even come close to mattering.
Seems like someone said that in the beginning. Someone did say that Chelene Nightengale was doing this to have another failure on her resume and because it felt good and felt really important to be a gubanatorial candidate.

Oh yes.

It was me.

Christine O'Donnell did better because she did have a history and served in the state assembly before making her senate run. She didn't enter the race because some ego bump needed massaging.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Okay so Chelena did this NPR interview. Does anyone know if NPR shows are audio archived? I would love to hear her say it.

Can it be that the girl is morphing into a full fledged politician?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
Seems like someone said that in the beginning. Someone did say that Chelene Nightengale was doing this to have another failure on her resume and because it felt good and felt really important to be a gubanatorial candidate.

Oh yes.

It was me.

Christine O'Donnell did better because she did have a history and served in the state assembly before making her senate run. She didn't enter the race because some ego bump needed massaging.
I wonder what Chelena's debts are now that the race that she was sure to lose is over?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Okay so Chelena did this NPR interview. Does anyone know if NPR shows are audio archived? I would love to hear her say it.

Can it be that the girl is morphing into a full fledged politician?

2nd half of the interview: http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk...e-nightingale/

I genuinely don't know if her remarks (in the entry above) are at odds with what she's said previously. It's just that, when I heard it, it sounded like she was trying to "massage" the answer or "take the edge off" her position. After listening to her unsuccessfully try to finesse the birther question John & Ken threw at her, at the end of the interview she had on KFI, it occurred to me that it's possible she considers this a more palatable position after having invested so much time in the Central Valley, where lots of supporters must have spoken to her about their agricultural concerns.

Again, guess work on my part. I've never spoken to Chelene at length about anything, let alone her ideas about deportation and guest worker programs.