Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
SOS Associate

Default Zimmerman "Not Guilty". The Jury Has Rendered This Verdict

I personally have not had that much interest in the zimmerman case, mainly because it's so far from California, and we have so many problems right here to attend to. But...the rest of the country is fascinated, so I guess I'd better form an opinion so I won't look like an idiot in a crowd.
My current opinion is this:
He was tried by some very dedicated and focused prosecutors. He didn't seem to have a lenient judge. His jury consisted of women, and women are generally sympathetic to mothers losing their kids.
In the end, all those factors against him, or at least not favoring him, the decision was that he wasn't guilty of the crime he was charged with, nor was he guilty of a lesser charge not initially charged. So he's a citizen once again, albeit an infamous or famous one depending on your attachment to this case.

We could debate the merits of his intent and motives and end up with reservations about his overall character, but not many of us are above reproach. Many of us have to some degree, stepped into his shoes during our events at home depots and day labor centers. We "followed" and reported illegal activity. It could have been any one of us had we been armed at the time. Most of us weren't, but not all. In my discussions with liberal minded family members this evening, that factor is a big character reference: Armed, could have walked away, and a wannabe cop (not my words, but generally theirs). Based upon that mindset, many of us would end up in stripes if one of those tussels with illegals and their supporters had gone badly, and we performed a self-defense move. A little frightening to say the least. Not the actual fight per se, but the thought of how liberals decide guilt. I guess we all would be seen as aggressors because we had the option of staying home instead of protesting

This might give me cause to re-examine my (our) future actions, but certainly not curtail them.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 PM

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the actual case either. I couldn't do much for the defendant or the person that got killed, so I just didn't pay a lot of attention to the actual case.

I did notice that the media tried to push it into a racial incident. White against Black. That fact the media tried to twist it that way was very sad, and it was yet another example of the elites and their blame Whitey agenda. It got even more pushed into a race trial when Obama chimed in with his comment,"If I had a son he would have looked like Trevon".
The media's agenda got pummeled and outed when it was discovered that Zimmerman, was "Hispanic", or at least biracial.

It was a tragic incident that the media, Obama, the Democrat party and Al Sharpton tried to use this tragedy for it's own political agenda.

Personally I'm glad that Zimmerman was acquitted. It offers a glimpse of hope that the entire country isn't totally mired in this awful, and often ginned up, White vs Black/Brown ethnic warfare.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:14 AM

Default Typical screwballs.

Those things that make want to regurgitate were at play, typically, in the case.

Prevaricators, liars, weasels racists, and much more, *( Without expletives )?

* Police wouldn't arrest Zimmerman.
* The new law allowed him to defend himself.
*The Politicians got involved and bowed to the bleating of the black racists, rabble rousers/baiters.
* The DA didn't convene a grand jury.
* Evidence was suppressed.

* Martins Dad was a gang member.
* Martin was found to be a drug pusher AND user of marijuana.
* Records show numerous drug related incidents in the vicinity.
* Martin was inside a gated community trying to break into the club house when spotted.

* Zimmerman was in close contact with the police all the time, reporting and taking instructions from them.
* He was a "Neighborhood Watch" member, completely sanctioned by law enforcement. *( If you see something, say something ).
* He was legally carrying a firearm in accordance with Florida law.

* The Judge changed the rules and moved the goal post allowing manslaughter to be considered.
* Neither second degree murder nor manslaughter could be allowed because the conditions of the altercation and attendant circumstances just simply precluded those charges.

I predicted acquittal or a hung jury.

Zimmerman had open opportunity to win on appeal in any event.
He further appears to have grounds for a case of malicious prosecution.

In any even his life is ruined. The attorneys fees and witness costs are probably $300,000 to $500,000.
He won't be able to work or conduct a normal life.

Last month there were 48 murders in Chicago, 90% black on Black!!!! Media ??? ---------- Out to lunch.

The racism started with the Weasel in Chief and permeated out across the rest of the wolf pack.

It wasn't about justice and law it was blatant racism and politics.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 AM

Except for the issue of race, injected into the situation by professional race hustlers; biased, media sensationalism consisting in part of fabricated "news"; and politicians; there would have been no trial. The trial was all about racial politics.

Zimmerman may have an avenue for recourse through a suit concerning malicious prosecution, but the NAACP hacks are lobbying the Justice Department to do an end run around double jeopardy with a Civil Rights suit against Zimmerman.

The same Justice Department which Eric Holder heads, the same one which became involved in such petty cases as the length of a California prison Sikh inmate's beard (surprised they didn't push to let him keep his religiously mandated dagger in jail) and alleged sexual harassment in the central San Joaquin Valley concerning an apartment manager and tenant, which department may have been involved in assisting some sort of "mobilization" or "organizing" effort concerning opposition to a not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman trial.

Something needs to be done to eliminate violation of the Fifth Amendment concerning double jeopardy, the violation has now become ingrained in our legal system to be abused by agendas which do not respect the not guilty verdict of a jury.

5th amendment in the Bill of Rights:

Quote:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 07-14-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM

What really bothered me was the use of "Want-a-be Cop" as though wanting to be a police officer is equal to wanting to be a gang-banger. A lot of little kids should be encouraged to be Cops or Firemen because we need good people serving and working in those jobs. Zimmerman gave up his personal time to be a neighborhood watch and had a reason to suspect Travon, because there had been burglaries in the area committed by black males. Why didn't the blacks blame the real problem in the area; the black males that created the profiling situation in the first place by breaking into homes. And, if Travon had gone home and not 'jumped' Zimmerman, who he called the "Creepy White ass Cracker' then he'd be alive today. Maybe next time some punk decides to attack someone they'll think twice!!!

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 07-14-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 AM

Default More on Zimmerman.

Friends:

I really do not need to rail, expound, froth.

Fox News has done it superlatively over the two previous days.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:29 AM

I wish they would post a updated picture of Martin. There is no winners here, but Zimmerman will live in fear forever and his family. Race baiters really upset me, and so do gang bangers. And that is for any color who does these things. And Mr O and his comments. Makes me sick. I wonder what his white mother and grand parents are doing? Disgusting all the way around.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
What really bothered me was the use of "Want-a-be Cop" as though wanting to be a police officer is equal to wanting to be a gang-banger. A lot of little kids should be encouraged to be Cops or Firemen because we need good people serving and working in those jobs. Zimmerman gave up his personal time to be a neighborhood watch and had a reason to suspect Travon, because there had been burglaries in the area committed by black males. Why didn't the blacks blame the real problem in the area; the black males that created the profiling situation in the first place by breaking into homes. And, if Travon had gone home and not 'jumped' Zimmerman, who he called the "Creepy White ass Cracker' then he'd be alive today. Maybe next time some punk decides to attack someone they'll think twice!!!
What struck me was the obvious desperation the prosecution displayed when they jumped into over dramatized theatrics directed at the jury, and they lost me completely by reducing the charges. I could smell the dirty dealing they were throwing out. At the least, they obviously over charged and then tried to weasel the jury into a "lesser" conviction, which could still mean a 30 year sentence from a hard line judge. Then there were the pictures of a 13 year old Martin and constant references to him as a "child" - 17 years at his death, six foot plus Trayvon Martin was almost old enough to enlist with the armed forces to kill the enemies of his country. He was not a "child".

The original prosecutor declined to file charges; race hacks such as Sharpton and now Obama jumped into the picture; at least one one local government employee associated with the case was fired, carpetbagger prosecution staff was imported to file charges; there was a trial motivated by politically driven racial agenda; and George Zimmerman was declared NOT GUILTY by a jury of his peers.

But, the race hacks weren't satisfied and their audiences pre convicted Zimmerman in their minds but didn't watch the trial nor were they in on the jury deliberations. So, Sharpton and Obama continue to spout their racially motivated nonsense, some peacefully demonstrate their opinion while a few vandalizing thugs are described as "activists" by at least one media outlet, and Eric Holder - possibly hampered by having already taken sides by giving governmental (Homeland Security) support to demonstrators during the trial and having no evidence that civil rights were violated (via prior investigation by his own FBI) - may try to assemble a kangaroo court civil trial in an effort to further punish Zimmerman. After all, the federal judge and federal prosecutor to be assigned the case both work for the executive branch of our government, and a biased Barack Obama is their CEO.

It's almost as though Zimmerman should be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on rail to be hung in a tree by an angry mob, sort of like what the KKK used to do in their very similar racist vendettas.

Sharpton and Obama can speak to me about white racism when the number one cause of death to young black males is no longer that of being murdered by other young black males.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 07-21-2013 at 02:14 PM.