Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Default Syria, Obama, and Congress

This is my own opinion, and not that of any others at Save Our State, nor has this opinion been sanctioned by Save Our State. I am voicing my frustration and disgust concerning our lack of leadership in Washington, this is not an attempt to sway anyone politically or suggest how anyone should vote.

I sent this communication to my elected representatives this morning:

Quote:
Stay out of and away from Syria.

While Assad was killing over 100,000 Syrians with conventional weapons Obama postured and waffled with "red lines" and such while confusing hollow campaign rhetoric with a lucid, clearly articulated, well thought out foreign policy. After two years or so of this, Assad rolls out some chemical weapons and kills a minute fraction more.

Then Obama decides he needs to do something about his negligible credibility and declares that Assad will have to pay for his misdeeds and that there will be a strike on Syria. However, he gets to thinking after he's opened his mouth and tries to rope Congress in on it so he'll have someone to blame if it blows up in his face (Contrary to all the perpetual executive order end runs around and otherwise continual snubbing of Congress. Obama consulted the United Nations rather than Congress concerning Libya.). When Congress shows little interest in going along, particularly when no real operative plan is articulated and the scale of intervention is muddled, Obama next blathers "it's the world's red line" when "the world" clearly wants no part of it.

Subsequently, Putin pinned Obama to the mat with the "international" angle Obama so dearly loves to babble about, and mouthpiece Kerry is still blathering about chemical weapons and the need to strike while his "winging it" boss is two years too late to productively address the problem of Syria. It is now a no win situation no matter if anything, everything or nothing at all is done.

"Community organizer" Obama is an incompetent, prevaricating president who surrounds himself with incompetent, prevaricating sycophants. This President is an embarrassment to my country and I can't wait for the next election cycle.

Stay out of and away from Syria.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Remember Obama whispering to the Russians that after the election he'd have more leeway on what he could do? The world is tired of his academic speeches and the country is tired of his golf swing/royal attitude. The bungler in chief is stumbling everywhere he steps and trying to sell it as a new dance move. Too bad there's not a video to blame it on. But, hay, we (not me) elected our first half black president, aren't we so proud that it shouldn't matter what a mess he is; because we've proven that we aren't racists. I think we should have based our vote on the character of the person, not the color of his skin like MLK stated and so many like to quote. Maybe that's a lesson so many should learn after this experience. Sad to say that so many still only care about his skin color and don't have a clue as to what has happened during these last six years, Obama's time in office.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:30 AM

I wrote a long post to this thread but when I submitted it everything went away (wild). I can't say what happened but I have things to do and will not repost. Maybe later??????????????????????
Old 09-11-2013, 05:33 AM

Sad to say that so many still only care about his skin color and don't have a clue as to what has happened during these last six years, Obama's time in office.
Just wait for the next six years. Ever hear about 'globalazation?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I wrote a long post to this thread but when I submitted it everything went away (wild). I can't say what happened but I have things to do and will not repost. Maybe later??????????????????????
Sorry for that. Long posts have a tendency to sign you out of the forum while you write them. If you are careful about how you sign back in, they will stay in memory here, but it's not a sure thing. Two ways to insulate yourself from this.

1. enable cookies (remember me) for this forum. the down side is that you can't just come and read the forum without signing in automatically.
2. copy your posts before you post them, and then re-post them as if it was new. This is my method.

The forum has a timeout feature so people won't stay logged on in perpetuity, thereby taking up bandwidth and slowing down performance. It's one of those trade-off things
Sorry...
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Save your post (control A then control c) before punching the Submit Reply button. That way, if you are timed out and have to relog in again you can navigate back to the post reply screen and paste your message (control v) you worked so hard on.

If you forget, sometimes you can hit the back button until you get back to the reply screen then save the post, relog in and proceed to paste and submit reply.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Sad to say that so many still only care about his skin color and don't have a clue as to what has happened during these last six years, Obama's time in office.
I just finished two books which gave me some insight.

The one was Saul Alinsky's (died 1972) book, Rules for radicals which was described by the Chicago Sun-Times as influencing a young organizer named Barack Obama. Alinsky is further described as having impressed Hillary Clinton. Jose Angel Gutierrez said that he organized the La Raza Unida party and take over of Zavala County, Texas using Alinsky's methods during the late 60's and early 70's.

I see Obama as having complied with Alinsky's premise that once power is gained by a dissenting group, the new group does the very same things they were so hot and bothered about concerning the previous group in power. For example, Obama goes way beyond whatever Bush did with bypassing Congress and becoming a virtual dictator with executive orders, fast moves, and dirty tricks. Another would be freedom of expression and association, or concerns that the ballot box is being tampered with and other voter fraud. There is always the bypassing of democracy and will of the people in one form or another, such as "We have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it", or using government as a political weapon, such as IRS and Homeland Security shenanigans.

Also, a la Alinski theory, Obama was trapped with the Syrian problem by being out of his experience (community organizer against city hall vs. how executive power is expressed in a rough world). The capable community organizer brought about Obama Care against much opposition, the incompetent President was boxed in by Putin utilizing an Alinsky tactic of forcing the establishment to live up to its own rules.

As I read Alinsky, to organize is to polarize, there has to be cultivated (no ambivalence at all) hate and, depending on the morality of the moment (depending on whether winning or losing) anything goes. Of course, all this polarization has to be built on some sort of "moral" foundation.

The other book is Government of wolves. I don't entirely buy into the whole premise, and in some cases the author is obviously winging it, such as tying "Aztlan" (a born in America pipe dream) in with a Mexican drug cartel which employs a "Zappatista"* named Paco who is covered in gang tatoos, along with everyone Mexican answering the phone with "Hola". Some of it smacks too much of conspiracy theory. It definitely references a borderless three nation American Union and the hard core far left taking power in America.

But there is enough, such as the IRS attacking right wing organizations and much, much else which is eerily going on as I type this. As well, there have been other things in the past which I scoffed at then but later found to be true.

To me it was just a typical fiction book about English mercenaries somewhat along the line of Tom Clancy until I got about to page 100, then I couldn't put it down.

I believe both books are well worth a read.

* Zapatista.

Originally a follower of Emiliano Zapata based out of Morelos during the 1910 Mexican revolution, his concern was of centuries long Hacienda encroachment on communal Indian land used for subsistence farming. Emiliano Zapata was treacherously assassinated by other Mexicans, which gained him a niche in the Mexican Pantheon of heroes.

Also follower of an early 1990's uprising in Chiapas provoked by Mexican President Salina's land ownership policies which adversely effected Indian subsistence farming. The majority of the uprising was stirred up by middle class, Marxist university students from Mexico City. As I understand it showman "Subcommandante Marcos" eventually faded away into irrelevant obscurity.

The vast majority of both types of Zapatistas were rural, subsistence farming Indians

The incredibly crude and sadistic Paco, to me, fits as a cartel character but is an unlikely "Zappatista" - which is misspelled. Maybe the author was thinking of Frank Zappa.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Well look who popped up. Good spin on defending, but the work of the God Obama speaks for itself. What others do whether they be to the right or to the left does not erase or negate what a bungler Obama is.

He placed so many other unqualified people in those positions all around him and continues to move them around as each gets caught promoting his agenda behind the scenes in illegal ways, that it has become clear to even the most infatuated of Obama's groupies that he idolizes himself and many would say he's not fit for the job. It's a hard fall for some.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Well look who popped up.

Sorry to have to tell you but, I did not just 'pop' up. I am here all the time, I just do not post.

Some members here are helpful but others are just plain hateful. Wish I had wrecked my danged car the day you got a ride in it.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 AM

Rimo your funny! Glad to see you here.