Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 AM

Well Bill
Some of us have been around a long time , the stories we could tell

We should write a book one day on all this

Preferably after the immigration problem is solved.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM

The site In question Is Patriots Corner, and It Is officially going dark for good. A real shame that this will happen, but Wes and William seem to be two peas In a pod now. William Is destroying Alipac and Wes has destroyed Patriots Corner. Top people banned from both sites because of what ??? We will really never know ....
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM

Ayatollah, that's funny that you are talking about William at Alipac.
I almost forgot about that place.
I got banned from them probably 2 years ago, for openly reprimanding Gheen for linking Tom Tancredo to the Neo-Nazi's. He banned me and I was so pissed at the time.
Some time I'll post the letter I wrote to Gheen, just for fun.

Afterwards, I joined grass fire. They banned me also when I figured out it was filled with too much pro Israel Zionist garbage (sorry Zionist supporters, I'm fighting for my country not someone elses).

It's funny to learn how many people have been banned by Alipac.

It's starting to dawn on me how many people have had bad run in with Gheen.

Ayatollah, for my education please tell me about the other sites that have had problems like Alipac.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 08-30-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM

This whole discussion brings back memories I almost totally forgot. I guess I was pretty involved and dependent on Alipac for a few years, in regard to my activities fighting the Bush led amnesties. Just for fun I thought I would post the letter that I wrote to William Gheen after I was banned.

7/13/2010
Dear William Gheen.
Thank you for your reply to my letter. I understand that you feel that you are taking the “ethical high road”, in your smear attack Tom Tancredo and Vdare.com and by banning me from Alipac. I disagree though.
I would like to remind you that it was you that initiated the E-mail attack campaign against Tom Tancredo accusing him and others of associations with Neo-Nazis. I received your emails and read them, but I find your evidence weak and non persuasive. I understand that you find my post about Vdare.com insulting. It was not insulting, it was critical of your attack against Vdare. Com and other groups and individuals in the Patriotic immigration reform movement. Mr. Gheen there is a difference between insulting statements and legitimate criticism, I am afraid though that you do not know the difference.
Mr. Gheen my criticism of your actions that I posted on the Alipac open discussion are; that you initiated a slanderous attack on many prominent members of our community that are fighting open borders and illegal immigration. My criticism of your actions still stand and I do not revoke them. The evidence against them that you put in your email alerts are in my opinion, weak and non persuasive.
Although you have every right to criticize whom and whatever you want, you need to know that your actions and your smear attacks against Tom Tancredo, Vdare.com and Dan Smeriglio in particular are not helping our cause. They are dividing us and bringing the cause down and I am sorry to say are discrediting you and Alipac.
Mr. Gheen if you cannot handle any criticism of your actions, you should state on the rules board in the open public discussion that no criticism of William Gheen is allowed. Judging from the reprisal I received from you it is obvious that the defacto rule is ;No criticism of William Gheen or his actions is allowed.
As to your complaint and distrust of my loyalty to you and alipac, I can only say that my loyalty is first and foremost to the cause of fighting open borders, illegal immigration and amnesty. My loyalty is to that cause and not to any one leader. The fact that I confronted the email smear attacks that you initiated does not display shallow or superficial loyalty, it shows that I stand on principle, I reserve the right to think for myself and that I think the cause that we are fighting is bigger than any one person or group.
Mr. Gheen you complain about my loyalty!
How about your loyalty to the members of ALIPAC and those fighting this cause? How exactly is it showing loyalty to instantly ban a contributing Alipac member over a post politely criticizing your actions?
Mr. Gheen I am very sorry that you consider my open criticism of your smear attacks a “finger in your eye”, and “in your house”. I would like you to know that I joined the fight against illegal immigration to save our country, not to live under your roof. And by the way, the comment in your reply that describes my criticism as a “Jackass post”. Well that only weakens your argument that you are calm or rational or on any kind of high road.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed former Alipac member.

Greg (In the actual letter I used my full name).
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 AM

Default Gheek is about money

He is essentially in the same general category as the SPLC. After they were done with beating up on the KKK they searched around and went after anyone who wasn't liberal and who disagreed with them. Calling everyone is sight a "hate group". That was the sell to keep the dollars flowing in and millions came in.

Gheek doesn't give anyone any accounting of the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been collected.

I went to the website yesterday and found over 160 people on line.

I also went to Patriots Corner and their site is still up and running.

Predictions of demise may be a little bit premature.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 PM

Here is an interesting article written about two years ago about Alipac's William Gheen, and his war against Peter Brimelow and Vdare.com. It's interesting to note how many wars William Gheen wages.
This article prompted me to email my letter to Gheen, to let Peter Brimelow know that he wages wars against a lot of people and that he is not alone.
I think it is a good article to read.
William Gheen is a ninnie, and he has alienated just about everybody.
I am sorry to say it saddens me how many activist groups fighting this issue are headed by some fairly loathsome individuals.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/on-tur...acs-bill-gheen
Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Here is an interesting article written about two years ago about Alipac's William Gheen, and his war against Peter Brimelow and Vdare.com. It's interesting to note how many wars William Gheen wages.
This article prompted me to email my letter to Gheen, to let Peter Brimelow know that he wages wars against a lot of people and that he is not alone.
I think it is a good article to read.
William Gheen is a ninnie, and he has alienated just about everybody.
I am sorry to say it saddens me how many activist groups fighting this issue are headed by some fairly loathsome individuals.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/on-tur...acs-bill-gheen
One big problem for those organizations fighting against illegal aliens/open borders is that they require their member to donate to the organization to keep it running or have any power. La Raza, LULAC et al are funded through federal grants, yes our tax dollars. As a result, most that follow La Raza or do the bidding for them do not expect much from them, because it didn't come from their own wallets and they are happy with what every they get. Which sometimes includes getting paid to show up.

Our side, on the other hand, has to struggle financially to even exist. And when there are not enough gains, often those that donated feel their money wasn't used wisely.

On both sides there are people in charge who take the position like it is a paying job. For those in charge of La Raza's side, there is millions to be had in federal grants and they are paid high salaries. But not the same for our side. Basically we are volunteers. We put in our sweat equity and hope for a return.

Gheen thinks of it as a job and can't seem to get the concept that he should be a volunteer. The issue isn't bringing in the donations is once did for many reasons, but the big one is the economy. And it doen't help that Gheen can be a jerk.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Jean you make an interesting point about how La Raza, and organizations like it get lucrative federal funding, where as our organizations survive off of its members donations. Were many fighting on our side don't have deep pockets.

What I don't understand is why some of the leaders of our groups, who actually have very little power nationally, and are pretty much shunned by any political establishment are such egotistical jerks, (Gheen, Gilcrest, Simcox, Nightingale) why so much infighting?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 PM

LEARN FROM YOUR ENEMY

The Raza groups have had their share of infighting and divergence from the middle 60's on.

Corky Gonzalez of the Denver based Crusade for Justice and founding genius of La Raza Unida Jose Angel Gutierrez (Texas) had falling out due to to both of their immense egos (Gonzalez was going give Gutierrez a personal ass kicking on one occasion, but Gutierrez managed to bluff that he had backup [but really didn't] and it didn't happen). Gutierrez' ultimately dictatorial style, internal lawsuits, and personal aspirations of power among the group (after Gutierrez garnering nearly all the say but after spreading himself too thin and relinquishing some power) led to the break up of La Raza Unida. Reies Tijerina was always off on a tangent about New Mexican land grants, and after having spent some time in jail due to the courthouse shooting his radicalism backed off a notch or three. Cesar Chavez wasn't going along with some of the program, particularly that part involving the Mexican government, because illegals were breaking his strikes.

What was the original Chicano movement somewhat diffused and broke into a multitude of independent groups and individuals more or less following the "plan". Some do get funding from the government and entities like the Ford foundation, others are self funding and rely on voluntarism. They don't always agree with each other, but that is kept out of public sight and among themselves. Their platform agendas vary somewhat beyond the basic plan. NCLR appears to want the body count of everyone whocan be stretched into being "Latino" (including those with Puerto Rican and Cuban ancestry), others are strictly Mexico - centric. There is a wide range of racial rabidity degree, a very few are milder, others are the brown mirror of the Aryan nations. Nearly all have a degree of lunacy to them, not much rational discussion. Reynaldo Berrios (La Vida Loca magazine and the book Cholo Style) or the Mexica Movement are prime examples of mouth frothing racial dementia. Their propaganda all involves the white racist boogyman, their house of cards falls apart without drum beat allegation of white racism.

One of the lessons from that time is that lots of energy and resources are used up by perpetually raising funds, that government and other taxpayer funded office (such as schools) with the buildings, communications, and steady paychecks for loyal soldiers are the best non profit sources for organizing to the cause.

The other lesson is that the takeover has to be from the inside, a third party venture isn't going to last to do it.

There also needs to be some friendly media outlet as well, some of which may have been co-opted from the inside.

The egos need to be put aside and power struggles avoided.

And, while it's a national issue, the battle is quietly being fought block by block, with all the grains of sand adding up.

Lesson number one: there has to be enough people to get in on the inside game and survive the nasty political fights, vicious character assassinations, and outright set ups to change things.

I believe it will ultimately be won either way at the town hall level, the grains of sand adding up nationally.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-01-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:10 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Jean you make an interesting point about how La Raza, and organizations like it get lucrative federal funding, where as our organizations survive off of its members donations. Were many fighting on our side don't have deep pockets.

What I don't understand is why some of the leaders of our groups, who actually have very little power nationally, and are pretty much shunned by any political establishment are such egotistical jerks, (Gheen, Gilcrest, Simcox, Nightingale) why so much infighting?
Because of all those things you mentioned about us having no money and no political capitol; We can't develop a working government within our ranks. We end up with a klingon type of assencion system. Each wannabe leader takes whatever opportunity that presents itself to beat down the competition for the top dog spot. It's pretty much that simple. You've got a bunch of power lusting egotists and rag tag volunteer army, and no infrastructure to manage either. It's a catalyst for dictatorship unfortunately