Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Judicial Branch

The Judicial Branch Topics and information of interest to SOS associates in relation to courts, law, and justice

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM

Default Man Fakes Undocumented Status to Get Out of Jail

Man Fakes Undocumented Status to Get Out of Jail

A Utah man was arrested then deported after he said he was undocumented. Turns out, police said, he faked his illegal immigration status to avoid going to prison.

Jaime Alvarado, 27, of Salt Lake City, was charged Wednesday in Utah's 3rd District Court with a second-degree felony for giving false material statements and a misdemeanor charge for giving false personal information to a peace officer.

The charges stem from a 2010 arrest when Alvarado told Salt Lake City police, a Utah state courts judge and federal immigration officials that he was actually Saul Quiroz and had emigrated from Mexico illegally. At the time, Alvarado was facing up to 15 years in prison for the possession of cocaine and heroin with the intent to distribute.

Instead of going to prison, Alvarado was deported to Mexico based on his false identity, according to court records. But he then returned to the United States using his American passport and earlier this year was arrested in Salt Lake City on an outstanding warrant connected to his guilty plea.
On Feb. 3, Alvarado acknowledged during a court hearing that he had lied about his identity. In a follow-up letter to the judge, he said he regretted lying and asked for leniency because his family depended on him.
SUMMARY

Instead of going to prison, Alvarado was deported to Mexico based on his false identity, according to court records. But he then returned to the United States using his American passport and earlier this year was arrested in Salt Lake City on an outstanding warrant connected to his guilty plea.
"I have a good job right now, a lot of little girls waiting for me and a family that will support me," Alvarado said. "It's my first offense and my last. I want to spend the rest of my life with my kids!"

The case was turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement who determined that Alvarado was a legal citizen and released him in June. A $50,000 warrant was issued Oct. 31 for his arrest.

An attorney has not been appointed for Alvarado, and a current phone number cannot be located for him.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1cij9NC2r
Old 11-04-2011, 09:16 AM

This is how bad it gets. Notice that the most important fact in the whole story is not in there. What is the man's actual immigration status? I'm guessing he is an anchor baby, that's why they aren't saying. What do you want to bet he doesn't speak English either? The whole facade is being handled in court with translators, also anchor babies.

This would have been funny if some real citizen had done it, but otherwise it is just sad.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
This is how bad it gets. Notice that the most important fact in the whole story is not in there. What is the man's actual immigration status? I'm guessing he is an anchor baby, that's why they aren't saying. What do you want to bet he doesn't speak English either? The whole facade is being handled in court with translators, also anchor babies.

This would have been funny if some real citizen had done it, but otherwise it is just sad.
What I read in this story is that being in the country illegally is a get out of jail free card for doing a more serious crime. They all know that being deported is nothing; they're back on our streets within hours. Also, being here illegally leaves it hard to track who you actually are, so again, a free card to get out of any history of your past. The result is a criminal element that has free reign to do what ever they want to whom ever they want. Feel safe?