Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Default Texas Farmers Under Attack at the Border

Texas Farmers Under Attack at the Border
In Texas, nearly 8,200 farms and ranches back up to the Mexican border.
The men and women who live and work on those properties say they’re under attack from the same drug cartels blamed for thousands of murders in Mexico.
“It’s a war, make no mistake about it,” Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples said. “And it’s happening on American soil.”
Texas farmers and ranchers produce more cotton and more cattle than any other state, so Staples is concerned this war could eventually impact our food supply, and calls it a threat to our national security.
“Farmers and ranchers are being run off their own property by armed terrorists showing up and telling them they have to leave their land,” Staples said.
To raise awareness, Commissioner Staples launched the website ProtectYourTexasBorder.com. It’s a place where frustrated and scared farmers can share their stories.
One Texas farmer, who asked not to be identified, said it’s common for him to see undocumented immigrants walking through his property.
“I see something, I just drive away,” he said. “It is a problem, I’ve learned to live with it and pretty much, I’ve become numb to it.”
Another farmer, Joe Aguilar, said enough is enough. After walking up on armed gunmen sneaking undocumented immigrants into the United States through his land, Aguilar decided to sell his farm.“It’s really sad to say, you either have to beat ‘em or join ‘em and I decided not to do either,” Aguilar said.
Aguilar's family farmed 6,000 acres of land along the Texas-Mexico border for nearly 100 years.
“Our farmers and ranchers can’t afford their own security detail,” Staples said. “We’re going to become more dependent on food from foreign sources.
Americans don’t like being dependent on foreign oil, they won’t stand for being dependent on foreign food.”
For more on the battle at our border, visit http://www.ProtectYourTexasBorder.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/03...#ixzz1FZ0oM4zH
Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Angry Why can we protect middle east borders?

We protect borders in iraq, afganistan and now want to protect libia, what about our borders, guard is there and not allowed to do a thing not even defend themselves. Why don't we have armed military on our border,
a farmer holds at least 13 illegals for police and he is sued and has to pay illegals because he is defending his ranch and his family. They can shoot us but we can't fire back . I am getting real tired of it obama protects muslims but is willing to have any american murdered. I am just darn tired of it , how about you?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:29 AM

I:m not just tired, I'm furious. The cry should be, Remember the Alamo. We will be fighting in the streets soon and most of us won't be using bean bag bullets.