Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action > Help Wanted!

Help Wanted! SOS associates may request aid, supplies, or information in relation to activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 PM
SOS Associate

Default Parking Tickets Wanted

I know it sounds like a masochistic request, but I am not looking to get anymore myself. I looking for any of you, or your friends, neighbors, relatives who are in good standing with citizenship and may have received a parking ticket issued within the last year by any government authority anywhere in California EXCEPT anywhere in Orange County
So Los Angeles is good, but Anaheim no.
I've been working on a project that was born out of trying to make some good from all the parking tickets I got with the sign trailer over the years. It just might end up making some measurable good for many of us.

If you know of anyone who would be willing to share some info from their parking tickets, (not really needing their name and address or any personal info) please have them contact me at:

Davi@SaveOurState.info
or
Davi@FightBackinSac.com
or
AyatollahGondola@Aol.com
Old 12-08-2010, 06:17 PM
SOS Associate

Well, here's a thread that was better off dead

Anyway; an update here:

I have been fighting a couple of parking tickets up here, and after nearly 6 months, several hours of law research, 10 pages of picture evidence, two letters, three records requests, a half dozen phone calls, one personal appearance hearing before the (ahem..cough cough) court, and one hundred dollars in prepaid fines, I was informed yesterday that the county was dropping their case against me on one of the tickets. They also said I'd be getting my $100.00 back in the mail soon.

Sooooo.....happy ending?

No; not by a longshot. It's not ended. I'm actually still upset and seeking revenge. This is not law enforcement. It's corruption. The state and the county(s) are in league to shakedown vehicle users. This is how your government feeds itself when times are tough, and their chances of passing tax increases are near nil.
So onward I go; this time I will be the accuser, and the fines will be equitable, but memorable.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Have you checked out the National Motorists Association? http://www.motorists.org/ I believe it is directed more towards a general national concern rather than specific towards individual states, and it seems more focused on speeding tickets with a sprinkling of other more common allegations of infractions, but I found it helpful.

I found some other interesting information as well from other sources.

For example, some municipalities have tried to use Red Light cameras in an apparent bid to ratchet up revenue, but by the time the contractors and courts are paid their cut, it's a loss. Some cities have built a quota into the contract, but provable quotas are illegal in California - so a red light ticket charge might be dismissed on those grounds. As well, there has been some municipal demand for more tickets concerning right turns on red light, but that falls under the quota scheme.

I understand there's a scam utilized by various police departments or other official "parties of interest" when the driver's face in the photo isn't clear and the citation won't stand in court. They send something to the registered owner which could pass for an official citation with instructions not to contact the court, a "bail amount", and where to send a check to pay the fine. I would ignore that myself.

There was something on the news the other day that red light cameras might even contribute to accidents - it seems there is an increase in rear end accidents when a driver, fearing the camera, slams on the brakes when the light turns yellow and the tailgater behind him trying to beat the red light doesn't have room to react and stop.

Months ago, I read something in the LA times criticizing red light cameras. As I recall, it seems that the cameras were hastily placed in a random fashion without regard to addressing the worst intersections and cost way more than they were bringing in, and that the cameras didn't measurably decrease accidents.

About thirty five years ago my parent's car was totaled in an accident and the insurance company sent it to the junkyard. A couple of years later, they were receiving parking tickets concerning several separate incidents through the mail from a city over 200 miles away from their residence on that vehicle. I believe someone illegal transferred vehicle identity to another (probably stolen) vehicle and left it registered in their names. So, when a relative's car was totaled a few years ago I removed the license plates from the vehicle at the towing facility when we retrieved the possessions from the car. I don't know how the parking tickets were resolved concerning my parents all those years ago.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-11-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:02 PM

If you think law enforcement is following you around personally, you might as well fight it. But if you were a victim of sweep, fighting it might not be worth the trouble.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
If you think law enforcement is following you around personally, you might as well fight it. But if you were a victim of sweep, fighting it might not be worth the trouble.
Any time you can fight you win, even if you lose in court.

It takes the profit out of ticket quotas.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 PM
SOS Associate

We received the check in yesterday's mail too.

1 more tickee is still in the primary stage, although that ticket was issued around 4 months ago.

Just for the record, the sheriff has been raking in around 2 million bucks a year on his parking ticket program. His parking officers write an average of 2,000 tickets a month. Challenges are infrequent, and refunds are few, averaging around 1%.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 AM

Good Luck!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM
SOS Associate

Adding insult to injury,

One of my immediate family members was taken to the hospital via emergency, and I drove over to meet them. I had to park in the short term prking lot, and despite some difficulties using their ticket dispenser, I was able to buy the required time and display it on the dash before tending to the original matter. Despite my compliance, I was issued a parking cite for not showing proof that I paid. I'd like to say that it was baffling as to why, but I had noticed the hospital staff security cruising the lot like sharks prowling for prey.
the hospital stay was resolved, and I have already filed for a "hearing" to protest this unjust citation. In addition, I have filed public records requests for their most recent year's accounting for citations issued, fines paid, citations contested, and citations dismissed. Unamazingly, the staff were stumped by the request, and needed further explanation as to what to do with it. Ordinarily I would have waited until resolution of the citation to start being a pain in the ass, but these things are taking too damn long as it is, and I was hopping mad after having spent the time and money buying the ticket in the first place