Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Default Stop the California BAN!

Hey everyone...

I have a request, if you'll humor me. We've stood a firm line on the immigration issue for years. We've also stood up for individual rights and in general...the people involved in this movement believe that there's a right way to do things.

We're for the rule of law, and equal application of that law to everyone.

Here's a completely unrelated ban that's being thought about in California...along with 3 other states. This is about personal rights...and standing up against this new trend to tax everything that moves or doesn't.

They're testing limits, trying to get away with everything they can. More taxes, fees, not telling anyone anything they don't know.

So, meet the electronic cigarette. It's a battery powered device with an atomizer that vaporizes nicotine fluid. Smokers can get their nicotine without all the garbage that comes out of a lit cigarette. I quit a 25 year, 2 pack a day habit with little to no effort. Equivalent cost to a carton of TAXED cigarettes is about 5 bucks. A carton of smokes is nearly 50 now. They're not getting their sin tax from tobacco...so they're going to make a (more than likely) safer product illegal. We can stop this. One email is all I ask. Follow the link in below and there's just a step or two. You've all done it before....some of you are quite good at it.

I'm officially turning on the batsignal. Calling in any outstanding favors. Ringing the bell. Saying PLEASE.

I need to call up a nation of minutemen to help stand against more government intrusion into our personal lives. One email is all I ask....I know it's a pain in the ass for everyone...but we do it every day for immigration issues.

Help me with this?

Thanks,
Dave (owner of valleyvapor.com)

Quote:
To help... you may go to...
_www.VapersCoalition.org_ (http://www.vaperscoalition.org/)

and click where it says to "click here"... and it will tell you what you
can do to help us. We CANNOT do this alone! We will LOSE!

I know that not all of you live in the states where these bans are
happening... but many of you buy from vendors in these states and YOUR state could
be NEXT! Right now there are not enough of us to let only the people from
one state, or even one COUNTRY write to these law makers... we ALL need to
do it! They need to get 10,000 letters from us asking them NOT to ban
electronic cigarettes! They think that there are not enough of us who care and
that banning them will not affect a lot of people... let's show them that
they are WRONG!!!!

PLEASE... take 10 minutes of your time and follow the packet to email the
4 groups of email addresses we provided. We have supplied a cut and paste
letter for you to send to them and the email addresses are set up so that
you may copy and paste them. If you need the email lists with semicolons
instead of commas... please email _VapersClub@aol.com_
(mailto:VapersClub@aol.com) and we will provide those for you.

Please do NOT wait... or it will be too late! We only have until after the
Easter/Passover holiday... after that they can ban sales at any moment!

PLEASE take action! This device has saved our lives... let's make sure it
is still available to save the millions of other smokers our there!!!

Last edited by 1inchgroup; 04-01-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I'm slightly tarded...didn't proofread.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
SOS Associate

I'll do it for you,

They should legislate campaign contributions as a drug
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM

Considering your stand on nicotine, I really appreciate that AG, I've been trying not to mention this stuff here...but this is ridiculous. The California bill, it's labeled as a "save our kids" law....with the electronic cigarette items stuffed directly in the middle.

So you glance at the bill....read the first few sentences....skim through it...read the last few... Yep. Save the kids.

Blatant manipulation....something I'm noticing a lot more of lately. The bastards aren't even trying to be sneaky about it any more.

It's pretty simple from my viewpoint. Just me alone...California isn't getting 7 bucks a day in tobacco taxes for about 6 months now. That's a significant cut in anticipated money. The FDA is busy making sweetheart deals on development of their own electronic version...but are a few years behind, and the Chinese already nailed the patent.

Same as the ammo fingerprint law. Stop criminals from buying ammo my ass...it was to stop shipments of ammo from other states mail order. The president just signed the PACT act as well....which eliminates cross state shipments of tobacco products.

Kind of tired of being manipulated. I feel like throwing some shit in a harbor.

Last edited by 1inchgroup; 04-01-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 AM

This sounds like an interesting issue. I did some searching at Wikipedia and found the following article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-cigarettes

And also in the same article, issues of legality:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-cigar...atus_by_region

I'm not sure I understand why anyone would want to make these illegal. Maybe they would want to tax the nicotine part. I respect the complaint that these should not be advertised as cessation devices. Which is to say that any time you are consuming nicotine, you are not slowing down your consumption of nicotine. How would these compare with nicotine gum or patches?

An interesting thing to observe is that vaporization is a popular way to consume cannabis and the arguments for using "vapes" revolve around the safer consumption of the drug. Of course, you get a lot higher using vaporized cannabis because the drug is more properly extracted from the plant matter. But these days the pretense of medical application has really taken over and nobody talks about that in public. Maybe a similar pretext operates for these e-cigarettes.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Hey Twoller,

Yeah, the vaporizers for pot have been around for years. Mostly made from a soldering iron and some blown glass.

You need almost twice the heat that the e-cig provides to even have a chance of using it for other than nicotine. THC boiling point is around 200C. So the drug use point is moot too.

This is about taxes and control...nothing else.

Even without a formal years-long study....it's pretty simple to see. Nicotine comprises less than 1% of a cigarette. E-cig users are cutting out 99% of the garbage...and just getting the nicotine (along with flavorings and PG). BTW: PG is a current ingredient in smoking tobacco, used to keep things at the proper moisture content....so it's not like smokers aren't already exposing themselves to it. PG is in my asthma inhaler as well....been using that for years.

Inhaled PG (propylene glycol...that stuff that makes fog in the fog machines) has been shown to have some beneficial properties as well...

They just want to stuff all of them in a box and put them in the warehouse along with the pee powered engine and my jetpack.

Last edited by 1inchgroup; 04-02-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 PM

I don't see where banning this stuff is justified. It's expensive, fussy and requires alot of accessories. It looks like it needs a little skill to operate. It has absolutely no chance of competing with the simple primitive reflexes that seem to take over when tobacco users are lighting up a cigarette.

Last edited by Twoller; 04-02-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 AM

Fussy? Absolutely
Accessories? Absolutely

Expensive? Eh....not so much. The initial hardware, yeah I see where you're going with that. Considering a carton of smokes is upwards of 50 bucks...you can get a starter kit and a bottle of juice for about the same price. After that, you're good to go at about a tenth of the price. 4.75 / carton equivalent.

Putting the parts together takes up some of the "fiddling" that you're mentioning...blowing out smoke, etc. They're a very effective digital simulation.

I've sent my letters out, and still haven't received the form letter responses...maybe this is the first time these reps have been hammered by piles of email.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1inchgroup View Post

Expensive? Eh....not so much. The initial hardware, yeah I see where you're going with that. Considering a carton of smokes is upwards of 50 bucks...you can get a starter kit and a bottle of juice for about the same price. After that, you're good to go at about a tenth of the price. 4.75 / carton equivalent.

But at this point the e-cigarette is not taxed. And it appears to exist under the cover of being a cessation aid, which might prevent it from being taxed. Are patches and gum taxed?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM

I don't know if the state gets "tobacco tax" revenue from the gums and patches...I would assume there's some nice little deal in there for everyone involved though. Last time I checked a box of gum was nearly 60 bucks.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM

I gotta post an update today....and give a hearty thank you to all those that wrote in and spoke their minds.

The California Bill has been altered to only prohibit sales to minors. I'm a nicotine addict...and I hated every second I was tied to cigarettes. The last thing I'd want to do as a retailer of these products is sell them to minors. I prefer the emails from ex-smokers telling me how much better they can breathe...they don't stink...their wives aren't yelling at them to go outside any more...

Valley Vapor does not sell to minors, didn't need a law telling me not to....but I'm more than happy to support this new law.

In true California style....they added a piece to the middle of the bill. Has nothing to do with anything...but it's now law too.

No electronic cigarette sales to minors, AND, if you engage in human cloning, your business license will be taken away by the state.

Um. Ok.

THANK YOU!!!!!