Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Default The New Case Against Immigration, Both Legal and Illegal

The New Case Against Immigration, Both Legal and Illegal
by Mark Krikorian
Sentinel (part of the Penguin Group), 2008
ISBN 1595230351
We've all heard the laments: "My grandpa from Sicily learned English, and my grandma from Minsk got by without welfare. So what's the problem with immigrants today?"
As Mark Krikorian argues in this provocative book, what's different today is not the immigrants, but us. Today's immigrants are very similar to those of a century ago, but they are coming to a very different America -- one where changes in the economy, society, and government create fundamentally different incentives for newcomers. In other words, the America that our grandparents came to no longer exists. And this simple fact must become the new starting point for the explosive debate about immigration policy.
Krikorian argues that although mass immigration once served our national interests, in today's America it weakens our common national identity, limits opportunities for upward mobility, threatens our security and sovereignty, strains resources for social programs, and disrupts middle-class norms of behavior.
So as the politicians argue about border fences and amnesty, they are missing the bigger picture: the harmful impact of large-scale settlement of all kinds of immigrants, whether legal or illegal, skilled or unskilled, temporary or permanent, European or Latin or Asian or African. Modern America has simply outgrown immigration, and we must end it before it cripples us.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/756062
Old 02-23-2010, 04:37 PM

The biggest difference right now is that older immigrants came here to be Americans
the ones coming now hate America and are just coming for the freebies

They want to bring their countries customs , cultures ,language and flags to our country , just so they get everything for free.

Until that ends , the problem will get worse

If we took EVERY freebie away tomorrow , how many would stay? how long until the flow turned into a trickle and stopped completely?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
The biggest difference right now is that older immigrants came here to be Americans
the ones coming now hate America and are just coming for the freebies

They want to bring their countries customs , cultures ,language and flags to our country , just so they get everything for free.

Until that ends , the problem will get worse

If we took EVERY freebie away tomorrow , how many would stay? how long until the flow turned into a trickle and stopped completely?
The author of the book The New Case Against Immigration, Both Legal and Illegalbelieves that we as a country are different and that there is little need for the huge influx of immigration. He cites things like field work, where machines do much of the work. I was listening to Mark Krikorian speak at a conference but I was interrupted by a phone call today. Some of his speeches are online and available to listen to. Maybe you should hear what he has to say. I'm going to finish listening when I have time this evening.