Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM

Default Congresswoman: White Supremacist Groups Behind Arizona Immigration Law

Congresswoman: White Supremacist Groups Behind Arizona Immigration Law
A California congresswoman is pointing the finger at white supremacist groups, who she says have inspired Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigrants.
Rep. Linda Sanchez, D-Calif., told a Democratic Club on Tuesday that white supremacist groups are influencing lawmakers to adopt laws that will lead to discrimination.
"There's a concerted effort behind promoting these kinds of laws on a state-by-state basis by people who have ties to white supremacy groups," said the lawmaker, who is of Mexican descent. "It's been documented. It's not mainstream politics."
Click here to listen to the audio tape.
Sanchez said front organizations for white supremacist groups are approaching lawmakers to propose the language to the bills and urging them to push them through state legislatures in an effort to legalize discrimination.
"It creates a Jim Crow system where based on the color of your skin you could be treated as a second-class citizen or harassed based on how you look," she said.
The Arizona law, which makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally, requires police enforcing any other law to question people about their immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are in the country illegally.
Supporters of the law say it will save taxpayer money and reduce crime by pressuring illegal immigrants to self-deport. But critics say the law is unconstitutional and promotes racial profiling.
Rep. Gary Miller, R-Calif., told the Whittier Daily News, which first reported the story, that Sanchez's comments are "an outrageous accusation."
"It's trying to find somebody somewhere you can accuse of something," Miller told the newspaper. "It's red herring. (She's) trying to change the debate from what the law says."
A spokesman for Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who met with President Obama Thursday to discuss immigration and border security, also criticized Sanchez's comments.
"Gov. Brewer signed S.B. 1070 because it mirrors what is already federal law and because our federal government has failed to secure our international border, leading to Arizona become a super highway of illegal drug and human trafficking," Brewer spokesman Paul Senseman said in an e-mail to the newspaper.
Sanchez told the newspaper after her speech that she based her accusation on online stories, particularly a blog written by Andrea Nill, an immigration researcher for ThinkProgress, an offshoot of the liberal Center for American Progress Action Fund.
Nill wrote that the Immigration Law Reform Institute, the legal arm of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), helped write the law. The Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled FAIR a hate group, a designation that the organization disputes.
Sanchez sought to clarify her comments Thursday.
"I never said that everyone who supports the Arizona law is a racist or white supremacist," she said in a written statement. "Anyone who says different is just trying to inflame the issue and get away from the real discussion of how to reform the immigration system in this country."
"The only way we are going to fix this problem is to have federal legislation," she added. "Unfortunately, the people who get on the airwaves to stir up anger by misconstruing my comments are not interested in constructive solutions. They're interested in dividing this country into 'us' and 'them' and totally undermining attempts to bring about real solutions."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...migration-law/
Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Linda Sanchez is a flat out liar if she calls those of us who support AZ S.B. 1070 White Supremacists. She is not fit to be called a Congresswoman. She should be in the fields harvesting those fruits and vegetables, but then I would have good reason not to purchase them.

She has never had a vote from me and she will not get one from me 6-8-10. I will vote for anyone except her.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Linda Sanchez is a flat out liar if she calls those of us who support AZ S.B. 1070 White Supremacists. She is not fit to be called a Congresswoman. She should be in the fields harvesting those fruits and vegetables, but then I would have good reason not to purchase them.

She has never had a vote from me and she will not get one from me 6-8-10. I will vote for anyone except her.
If you remember Sanchez was the one caught telling the illegals they could vote, and was also found to have had illegals vote for her.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Good lord, if we cannot vote this POS out of office, then I guess we deserve whatever happens to this country.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Linda Sanchez is merely an idiot without a logical argument - that's why she tries to divert from the issue with allegations of racism.

And, voting Sanchez or any other nut ball clone out of office might be a lot less difficult if we can find a way to deep six the leaderships of both parties - the problem is not so much voting out race obsessed hacks as that the parties won't present palatable choices.

The choices are usually between nothings and zeros, with the real decision based on who frightens you the least.

We need to find a way to hack out the extremist leadership of both parties, or at least do an end run around them.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 AM

We vote out here this coming week and I'm trying so hard to do it right. She has to go.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
SOS Associate

Sanchez's district is among the highest numbers in California for people receiving WIC

http://www.calwic.org/docs/federal/2010/caseload.pdf

Loretta
Sanchez
Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM

She is running unopposed on the Dem ballot. This has to be at least the 3rd time she has been unopposed. Her district seems to be pretty big. She has a home in Lakewood CA. Since I am a Dem I have the primary ballot.
YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE LISTED, AGAIN OTHERS ARE NOT OPPOSED. MY THINKING IS THEY RUN ONE PERSON SO YOU HAVE NO CHOICE (I DO HAVE A CHOICE IN GENERAL ELECTION).
When I do not have a choice, as with Sanchez, I just skip that office and then see what I can do in the general election.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Sanchez's district is among the highest numbers in California for people receiving WIC

http://www.calwic.org/docs/federal/2010/caseload.pdf

Loretta
Sanchez
That's because you don't have to be legal to receive WIC. As soon as a female gets pregnant and meets the income guidelines they are eligible for WIC. She receives it until the kid is around 3 or 4 I believe, but it could be longer. So you can be sure that EVERY illegal and then some is getting it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Anchor babies.