Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 AM

Default What was it ?

I have donate to the RNC - GOP.Com.

In days I received mail from them asking for more.

In a few more days I received more mail enclosing donation slips asking for $100 each month for 3 months.

Before there would even be time to answer by mail I began receiving phone calls with the caller ID 000-000-0000 ??????? Some I wouldn't answer. The call waiting was listed on my phone but no voice mail. This went on for 3 days, 3 calls a day, morning, afternoon evening. I answered and it sounded like some auto dial system, Finally a female voice came on. She said she was from the RNC and asked if I would donate then the phone went dead. I got an immediate call back from a male. He asked for $250, I said OK, and then he wanted my credit card number. He was brusk, in a hurry and not all that cheerful. I said: At this very moment I'm not able to reach my credit cards. That sort of ended the conversation.

I went on the RNC website and got GOP.com. No phone number listed. So I called directory assistance. Phoned three times and never got a live person to answer, only voice mail.

Then I phoned my telephone provider. He chuckled and said: I don't think it's a very good idea to give out credit card numbers. Said it sounded like a scam. He has all of my phone records and found the 000-000-0000 calls but couldn't trace them to anyone. Explained the circumstances of those 000 numbers which could include calls from outside the USA. He asked if I wanted to start an action and I said, no, lets see if they call again.

I don't know what it was, legit or illegit. Couldn't verify.

I contacted the National Do Not Call center and re-registered.

I know the Republicans have a very aggressive fund raising campaign but in all my years I have never seen one so intense and persistent.

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-10-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

In a few more days I received more mail enclosing donation slips asking for $100 each month for 3 months.

Before there would even be time to answer by mail I began receiving phone calls with the caller ID 000-000-0000 ??????? Some I wouldn't answer. The call waiting was listed on my phone but no voice mail. This went on for 3 days, 3 calls a day, morning, afternoon evening. I answered and it sounded like some auto dial system, Finally a female voice came on. She said she was from the RNC and asked if I would donate then the phone went dead. I got an immediate call back from a male. He asked for $250, I said OK, and then he wanted my credit card number. He was brusk, in a hurry and not all that cheerful. I said: At this very moment I'm not able to reach my credit cards. That sort of ended the conversation.

I went on the RNC website and got GOP.com. No phone number listed. So I called directory assistance. Phoned three times and never got a live person to answer, only voice mail.

Then I phoned my telephone provider. He chuckled and said: I don't think it's a very good idea to give out credit card numbers. Said it sounded like a scam. He has all of my phone records and found the 000-000-0000 calls but couldn't trace them to anyone. Explained the circumstances of those 000 numbers which could include calls from outside the USA. He asked if I wanted to start an action and I said, no, lets see if they call again.

I know the Republicans have a very aggressive fund raising campaign but in all my years I have never seen one so intense and persistent.
GOP.com is registered to the RNC.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:

I have a solution for you. Donate to SOS and you won't be asked to donate again until the cows come home.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 AM

Default Opa!

I have a solution for you. Donate to SOS and you won't be asked to donate again until the cows come home.

Dang, I didn't know that.

SOS is a collection agent for the Romney Campaign !

As Colonel Klinghoffer said: Verrrry interesting !!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:

Dang, I didn't know that.

SOS is a collection agent for the Romney Campaign !

As Colonel Klinghoffer said: Verrrry interesting !!!!
I'm pretty sure she meant that WE wouldn't ask again, not that a donation to SOS would stop the GOP.com from calling you.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 AM

Default Clarified

Yesterday I received a letter from the RNC thanking me for the phone conversation and asking me to send the commitment I made.

So the 000 000 0000 phone calls were legit. Not a scam.

This comes just days after I had received a previous letter with little slips asking for $100 per month for 3 months.

I'm getting hammered 2 - 3 times a week by the RNC begging for more money.

This may be aggravating but if this is an example of how aggressively Mitt Romney will run the Government, he's going to be something else.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 AM

Default Double teamed

Well----------

Just got a letter from Romney For President, Inc in Boston. You guessed it.

Asking to enclose my contribution.

Alas, I can't afford to be as generous as the Hollywood "stars".
Old 08-18-2012, 04:56 AM

Default Again:

Well folks, yesterday I received ANOTHER letter from Romney for President, Inc, asking for more money. That's two letters in two days.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Default Today

Saturday August 18, 22012 1:00 PM EST.

The Romney For President, Inc, Boston people called -, from Arizona -, asking for $200. I told them that I had just received a letter from them yesterday asking for money and that I was receiving letters and phone calls from the RNC several times a week. Thus I would be broke completely If I complied. He said - OK can you sent $100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM

Default Again Today

Saturday August 18, 2012 3:40 PM

Got my mail:

1. Letter from Jeff Larson, Chief of Staff RNC.

Emergency, troubling news 16 days until the end of the month and $9.3 million short of the August budget.

Asking for $100, 200, 200.

2. Letter from the George H W Bush Library Foundation.

Asking for money.

Today's score, one phone call from the Romney for President, letter from RNC, letter from Bush library = 3 solicitations.