Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Default It must be racist , yeah , it is

The attention is not so much on the article

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoen...9/daily75.html

but on one of the bottom comments

"I am a US citizen living overseas with proper documents. The police here check my documents all the time. Why then should an illegal living in the States without proper documents be treated better than a US citizen living in a foreign country with proper documents? If the federal government will not address issues then the individual States must exercise their constitutional authority to act in their best interests."
Old 04-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Very good point.

As an American it's legal for any peace officer to detain me until my identity is acertained. One time on a traffic stop I waited an unusual amount of time to be identified and asked what the holdup was. I was told that no warrants were found for me domestically and it would take awhile to hear back from Interpol. Having never been out of the country I just told them, ok, knock yourselves out. I did not get any citation or anything they had to let me go.

But if that can be done to me legally already, why is it against humanity to do the same thing for someone not in this country illegally?

The only reason I can come up with is that this is about who has the right to control our borders, citizens or illegals. If your going to tell me that's it's against the civil rights of illegals to protect our borders, yes, I absolutely agree there is a problem with that. Just not the same argument.

If there's a conflict between civil rights and protecting the borders the problem is with civil rights - not protecting our borders. I can't think of any other country on the planet that would believe otherwise.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:55 AM

Because right now the rules are not equal

Some are more equal than others. Right now illegal aliens have far more rights and louder voices in their defense than Americans

A small example is that illegal aliens have a "right" to drive with no license or insurance (not really a right but they get a wink and nod , and if anybody tries to enforce this on them they get the full raza screaming racism treatment)

Now if I let my insurance lapse , I get hit with a huge fine , no license? car all gone ,
Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 AM

Civil rights extend from citizenship, there is no other argument. All citizens are equal under the eyes of the law and the law represents citizens. Extending civil rights to anyone else in the borders of some country defined by citizenship serves to protect citizens. You cannot protect the citizens from their own laws if they create two different legal systems, one for citizens and one for somebody else.

This is why the notion of "global citizenship" is nothing more than poetry and should remain that way until nations can rest comfortably, assured that they can protect themselves and their citizens.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM

"You cannot protect the citizens from their own laws if they create two different legal systems, one for citizens and one for somebody else."

And this is where we are now