Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 AM
SOS Associate

Default "Undocumented" Wears Out; New Term = "Pilgrims"

Catholic church once again steps into politics. Non-profit status seems irrelevant to them. I'm going to lodge an official complaint wit the state and the feds

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/12/564...-pilgrims.html

Quote:
Chanting "sí se puede!" – "Yes we can!" – with their fists and hands raised high, 1,000 people packed Our Lady of Guadalupe Church on Sunday to cheer 11 pilgrims who will march 285 miles from Sacramento to Bakersfield calling for a change to immigration law.

Quote:
Ana Gloria, a pilgrim from San Jose
, carried an American flag in her backpack.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM

Pilgrims came and worked hard for everything. There were no hand outs. Go back where you came from and fix your own country.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Definition: pilgrim
Part of Speech Definition
Noun 1. Someone who journeys in foreign lands.
2. One of the colonists from England who sailed to America on the Mayflower and founded the colony of Plymouth in New England in 1620.
3. Someone who journeys to a sacred place as an act of religious devotion.[Wordnet]
4. A wayfarer; a wanderer; a traveler; a stranger.
5. One who travels far, or in strange lands, to visit some holy place or shrine as a devotee; as, a pilgrim to Loretto; Canterbury pilgrims.
Why, of all places, a march to to Bakersfield? That one boggles my mind (C U on Union Street!!! NOT).

Quote:
featuring seven undocumented immigrants, including Sacramento's Diana Campos. Her parents brought her from Aguascalientes, Mexico, on her first birthday, July 26, 1994.

The 20-year-old singer and songwriter came to Sacramento on a tourist visa. She told the crowd, "I went from being a straight-A student to a C student because the undocumented part of me felt no need to try. … It's hard watching your friends get their lives together, get licenses, jobs, doing normal things I can't do."
I'm not sure how much this is an excuse. At least she got straight "A"s at one point, many who have the advantage of being born here as citizens from illegal parentage don't try at all. She could have been partying and gotten pregnant out of wedlock (from some worthless pelado pelon carcenero) in her middle to late teens and leaped onto the welfare wagon as so many others do... So far it seems she's a winner with the cards she's been dealt compared to so many others.

Quote:
"My parents had a cleaning business working with dangerous chemicals every day. I saw my mother's worn hands. This march is for all the times I saw her cry in silence.
This has nothing to do illegality and everything to do with not using personal protective gear as prescribed by law. As well, the mother is not the only one who has on this earth who has had "worn hands" and that statement certainly extends to anyone who has ever done a day's work in this country - whether or not it was in the hot sun.

On the other hand, if it's so bad here why didn't the parents return to wherever they came from?

Quote:
"I am an American: I don't know where to go...
On this part she has my sympathy to the point that I believe that she should have irrevocable, permanent residency with all rights of citizenship short of voting - she will not fit into her parent's country and will probably be discriminated against for her American-ness. I also believe that the 14th amendment should be clarified as to its original intent and that merely being born here to illegally arrived foreigners does not constitute birthright citizenship. The background of the 14th amendment had to do with the rights of former slaves, not illegal immigration.

Quote:
Our families cannot be separated any more."
This genuine travesty can be laid squarely on past Democrat and Republican politicians. The Republican party wanted a non voting slave labor class and the Democrat party sought a future constituency it can't achieve among mainstream Americans, so immigration law became "broken" simply because neither party actually wanted to see it enforced. However, to be just towards native born citizens (of all ancestries) concerning our high rate of unemployment and the fact that California has fully 33% of the national welfare burden her parents and all those other illegal parents have to be returned to their country of origin. It's not about race, it's about respect for our national sovereignty, that our laws mean something, and that American citizens come first.

I do not enjoy saying this in the slightest because the situation is truly painful to me, but the children of foreigners can visit their foreign relatives in the ancestral country.

Quote:
While critics have said immigration changes would disrupt Social Security and Medicaid and take jobs from citizens, the average age of "aspiring Americans" is younger than that of current citizens.

That means they would pay into Social Security longer and increase economic growth by 3 percent in 10 years, said Cecilia Munoz and Noemi Hernandez, activists from Citrus Heights.
Illegal aliens have been and will continue to be a net drain on the economy, including but not limited to: the general failure of their children to become educated, the fact that employers exploit them to drive down wages, remittances sent out of the country, social services dispensed - abused or not. The social security argument is just as bogus as politicians attaching the "jobs" bait to every pet piece of legislation which will never significantly increase employment.

Quote:
Meanwhile, nearly 400,000 undocumented immigrants are housed in private detention, they said. "It costs $5.1 billion to hold just 23,000 people on immigration-related charges."
And it would cost us relatively nothing if they were just booted back over the border and their employers prosecuted and incarcerated for aiding and abetting illegal entrants.

Quote:
Ana Gloria, a pilgrim from San Jose, carried an American flag in her backpack.
On the one hand, that's perfectly fine - we do have a right to freedom of expression in this country which includes possession and display of the American flag. I defend that right.

On the other hand, brown ethnic nationalism took a beating with all those May Day immigration marches waving the foreign Mexican flag - brown supremacists may be just as racist as any sheet draped, cross burning Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard, but most aren't stupid. Most know the value of propaganda, and while Ana Gloria may be sincere in her heart the picture of a clean, young, harmless, American flag waving, "victimized immigrant" who just wants "social justice" fits right into their narrative. These kids stuck in between are used 16 ways to Sunday by both brown supremacists and the Democrat party just as brown supremacists, the Democrat party, and illegal aliens who came here as adults use each other to their own ends.

That's why the print of La Virgen Maria de Guadalupe - a true mother who comforts her Mexican children - carried in church probably won't be on the trip with the kids, and could you imagine the negative reaction to: the image of Emiliano Zapata; the poster of the short skirted, big breasted (triple d torpedoes attached to a voluptuous brown goddess) soldada wearing a low cut blouse draped with crossed bandoliers while cradling a lever action rifle; and Che Guevarrra T-shirts? The pro legalization party would sink before it began.

Quote:
The refugee from the civil war in El Salvador said she's walking for all the undocumented farmworkers "who are being treated badly by farmers, who don't want to pay them on time."
The farmers can treat their illegal workers badly because there are so many illegal workers backstabbing each other for the same low paying jobs, and that wouldn't change even if the magic wand of legalization smacked each and every one of them on the forehead. There's a reason Cesar Chavez called the Border Patrol on illegal entrants the farm industry hired to break Chavez's strikes. Those illegal workers can blame no one except open border lobbyists, open border politicians and themselves.

There is a discussion about three different persons from El Salvador - a woman whose last memory of El Salvador was her house being firebombed during the civil war (she is a friend's wife), the woman's bitchy upper class mother, and their lower class maid from El Salvador, and the baggage they brought with them from El Salvador on this page, post 43 http://saveourstate.info/showthread....2733#post22733

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-12-2013 at 11:28 AM.