Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-22-2011, 05:59 AM

Default Herman Cain for president?

Does anyone know anything about Herman Cain, seems to have a tea party affiliation - maybe someone who worked in one of the companies he presided over or maybe something about what he says versus what he does.

He's never held political office before, but came in a close second for a seat in congress.

Would the fact that the man isn't a politician be helpful in that he can bring a business approach to Washington, or would it be a hindrance and lead to further political lockup and maybe an ambush in Washington?

Schwarzenegger was a failure as governor, his career is acting.

But Ronald Reagan was an actor as well, then became governor of California and eventually president. I certain don't agree with some of the things Reagan did, and some - such as signing off on the 1986 amnesty and other stances - still negatively affect us today. However, his presidency was more of the better sort than bad.

So, could a businessman successfully navigate the labyrinth of Washington?

One thing I know for sure is that if the Republicans don't put up a credible, baggage free contender we're going to have a second term Obama.

Cain's campaign website http://www.hermancain.com/index.asp

Cain's 11 point platform http://www.scribd.com/full/54720250?...3qo20a9wqx7gv4

I will add that this post is not an endorsement or promotion of the candidate which thereby violates the non profit status of Save Our State, I merely wish to encourage active discussion concerning America's potential future.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-22-2011 at 06:24 AM.