Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Partners In Propriety

Partners In Propriety SOS program to encourage businesses, government, and private organizations to operate lawfully, and in compliance with all codes and laws

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM
SOS Associate

Default Ayatollah To Pitch Day Laborer Ordinance To Sac County Supervisors

Mark your calendars fellow associates:
Our first effort in the Partners In Propriety program

June 12th, 2012 at 11:15 am
Sacramento County Board of Supervisors Meeting Room

I've drafted an ordinance to combat the underground economy in sacramento county by directing it at the day laborers and their employers that congregate at day labor hiring sites and Home Depots. I'll be publishing the ordinance next week in this thread.

This ordinace will not check citizenship, immigration status, or any other of the immigration related schemes that have been at the root of many previous failed ordinances in other cities. I've crafted this one around the underground economy and state laws rather than federal ones.

The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors has allowed 15 minutes for me to make the presentation. At this meeting, they can only vote to pursue this or not, but it is not at the adoption stage, or even close. Honestly, I don't know how this will be received, Combatting underground economies should be a good sell these days, but because budgets are tight it may not fly at all. So I have to point out the revenue savings it will provide, and the income it will bring. But it will begin with the propriety of doing business above board.