Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Municipalities

Municipalities Issues and information relating to cities and counties within California that are of interest to SOS associates

Immigration Pushed To The Forefront Again.... Thanks! To Everyone Who Has Propelled This Issue To Its' Rightful Position. Years Of Hard Work Are Paying Off.....Keep Up The Good Work!......
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default Watsonville Cited For Not Flouridating Water

I have to apologize for sounding like Nightingale a little here, but this forced water flouridation thing bothers the hell out of me

Quote:
The city of Watsonville has been cited by state health officials for failing to fluoridate its water supply.
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/20/297...r-failing.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Commander Bunny's Avatar
Commander Bunny Commander Bunny is offline
As seen on TV!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: At the Battle-Warren
Posts: 206
Default

"Health advocates have been pushing fluoridation as a way to reduce tooth decay among Watsonville's low-income population".

It's been found that fluoride actually eats the teeths enamel, which causes further problems.
When I lived in a City that fluoridated it's water, I spent a ton of $$ on spring water, but now I have a well with water to die for..mmm..

Fluoride is a waste product of the aluminum smelting proccess, and so is fluoexetine...Prozac.

Hitler was really big on fluoridating water in the years before WW2.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Rim05 Rim05 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CA
Posts: 1,222
Default

I question a lot of what we eat. Who ever thought the chickens had something in the ovaries or intestines (as I heard on the media) that would harm us?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Twoller Twoller is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,296
Default

If they were really worried about people and their teeth, they would encourage people, and especially children to quit eating so much sugar. It's everywhere.

The breakfast food pimps serve up candy like it was real food at breakfast. Chocolate chip cookie breakfast cereal? That is just insane. And the so-called organic food marketers aren't that much better. Sugar, sugar, sugar. And sugar rots your teeth.

It's in a lot of more food that you would consider serious too. Salad dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup. Look at the ingredients of the food you eat to see all the sugar that might be there. Corn syrup is sugar.
__________________
The United States of America is for citizens only! Everyone else OUT.
Criminalize asking party affilation for voter registration! End the "two party system"!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
If they were really worried about people and their teeth, they would encourage people, and especially children to quit eating so much sugar. It's everywhere.

The breakfast food pimps serve up candy like it was real food at breakfast. Chocolate chip cookie breakfast cereal? That is just insane. And the so-called organic food marketers aren't that much better. Sugar, sugar, sugar. And sugar rots your teeth.

It's in a lot of more food that you would consider serious too. Salad dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup. Look at the ingredients of the food you eat to see all the sugar that might be there. Corn syrup is sugar.
Stimulants too. Caffein, nicotene and others. It constricts the small blood vessels and those feed the teeth, eyes, etc.
Flouride isn't about better teeth, but I'm not sure what it is about.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Rim05 Rim05 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CA
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Flouride isn't about better teeth, but I'm not sure what it is about.
Seems like it was a good idea, about 55 or more years ago when it was starting. At that time no one would ever have had a bad thought about our handlers feeding junk to us.

Leave the sugar alone though, I don't think I could live with out it. I would certainly not be as happy as I am now. It is in a lot of things that I can't see the real value of it. Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Some would be unrecognizable. You'd likely stop eating many of them. Sugar, at least most of the processed ones anyway, are an addicting nuisance for most, and a poison for many.
Sugar free since the late 70's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Twoller Twoller is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Seems like it was a good idea, about 55 or more years ago when it was starting. At that time no one would ever have had a bad thought about our handlers feeding junk to us.

Leave the sugar alone though, I don't think I could live with out it. I would certainly not be as happy as I am now. It is in a lot of things that I can't see the real value of it. Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Some would be unrecognizable. You'd likely stop eating many of them. Sugar, at least most of the processed ones anyway, are an addicting nuisance for most, and a poison for many.
Sugar free since the late 70's
Since the seventies? That's impressive. Do you just avoid sweets or do you watch for sugar in other stuff like meat and vegetables? Hams are cured with sugar and stuff like canned corn should be considered sweetened food. Fruit also has a lot of sugar, but it's not as bad if it is fresh. Canned fruit has a lot of added sugar. Preseasoned meat from the grocery store frequently have a lot of sugar in them, like preseasoned ribs.

Rim, it is tough kicking the stuff, but you've asked the right question, "Would I be eating this if it weren't sweetened?"

Refined sugar and corn syrup are modern inventions and should be considered drugs, except they have calories and we burn them like food. But sugar is a stimulant, it stimulates the pleasure centers in the brain. It also places a huge load on one's metabolism and a steady diet of sugar is a sure path to diabetes, much like a steady diet of saturated fats is a sure path to ateriosclorisis or a general corruption of your blood vessels. The two exposures together make things even worse.
__________________
The United States of America is for citizens only! Everyone else OUT.
Criminalize asking party affilation for voter registration! End the "two party system"!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Since the seventies? That's impressive. Do you just avoid sweets or do you watch for sugar in other stuff like meat and vegetables? Hams are cured with sugar and stuff like canned corn should be considered sweetened food. Fruit also has a lot of sugar, but it's not as bad if it is fresh. Canned fruit has a lot of added sugar. Preseasoned meat from the grocery store frequently have a lot of sugar in them, like preseasoned ribs..
Yeah, reading the labels is a must. You know what's hard to find? Beef jerky made without sweeteners. You pretty much have to make it yourself.

I mght add, that in relation to this thread, there's no label on our water
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Rim05 Rim05 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CA
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
It also places a huge load on one's metabolism and a steady diet of sugar is a sure path to diabetes, much like a steady diet of saturated fats is a sure path to ateriosclorisis or a general corruption of your blood vessels. The two exposures together make things even worse
Have to disagree on the diabetes, I was told when I was in my mid twenties that I was going to die from diabetes, I just kept the cookies up and here I am still here for many years.
I am not into the fats so maybe that has helped me.
BTW, I am still healthy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SaveOurState 2009 - 2016 All Rights Reserved