Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
SOS Associate

Default Arnold declares Disaster In Fresno County

Fresno county is like 46% hispanic/latino, and agriculture is the primary economy. Would you like to take a guess who is going to be "saved" by all the effort being directed towards this area now that it has disaster status?
Farmworkers.....
If the water dries up, and opportunities have ceased, why are we holding the workers there?

http://gov.ca.gov/proclamation/14720/

Quote:
PROCLAMATIONby theGovernor of the State of California WHEREAS California has experienced three consecutive years of drought and the cumulative effects of the severe drought conditions continue; and

WHEREAS it appears that California will likely continue to experience drought conditions in 2010; and

WHEREAS on February 27, 2009, I proclaimed a State of Emergency for the entire state as the severe drought conditions continued and the impacts were well beyond the Central Valley; and

WHEREAS on June 19, 2009, I issued an Executive Order that suspended the one-week waiting period for unemployment insurance applications and ordered the development of a comprehensive strategy to provide adequate nutrition for those individuals who are temporarily unable to afford food as a result of the severe drought conditions; and

WHEREAS on July 21, 2009, I issued a Proclamation declaring a State of Emergency in Fresno County; and

WHEREAS over 25,000 people per month in Fresno County require emergency food assistance due to the continuing impact of the drought; and

WHEREAS local emergency food assistance organizations serving the Fresno County area cannot keep up with the demand for food; and

WHEREAS the circumstances caused by three years of severe drought conditions, by reason of their magnitude, are or are likely to be beyond the control of the services, personnel, equipment, and facilities of any single county, city and county, or city and require the combined forces of a mutual aid region or regions to combat; and

WHEREAS under the provisions of section 8558(b) of the California Government Code, I find that conditions of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property continue to exist in Fresno County, caused by the current and continuing severe drought conditions.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor of the State of California, in accordance with the authority vested in me by the state Constitution and statutes, including the California Emergency Services Act, and in particular, section 8625 of the California Government Code, HEREBY PROCLAIM A STATE OF EMERGENCY to exist within Fresno County.

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that all agencies of the state government utilize and employ state personnel, equipment and facilities for the performance of any and all activities consistent with the direction of the California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) and the State Emergency Plan, and that CalEMA provide local government assistance under the authority of the California Disaster Assistance Act.

I FURTHER DIRECT that as soon as hereafter possible, this Proclamation be filed in the Office of the Secretary of State and that widespread publicity and notice be given of this Proclamation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 25th day of March 2010.

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
Governor of California

ATTEST:

DEBRA BOWEN
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
As seen on TV!

Huh...I have'nt noticed the price of lettuce going up up 5 bucks a head yet.

Maybe that's next...?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Back in Sept of last year Feinstein asked for millions in federal money to restock the food banks in Fresno because there was a 50% unemployment rate among the farm laborers. This was done a week before signing legislation asking for more migrant workers, and she answered an email I sent her about an excess of migrant labor by saying the fruit were rotting on the trees because there weren't enough migrants to pick the fruit. At the time I had spoken to at least 75 migrant workers here in Ventura County that were only getting two days of work or less each week. All that money Feinstein asked for went to the nonprofits to distribute to the migrants.

Rose recently tried to get work picking strawberries, but they told her they weren't hiring. Does something smell foul?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:43 AM

I would say ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER is one of our biggest problems in CA. That will teach people to elect someone to office who is from Hollywood to start with.
About Rose not getting a job picking strawberries, weren't you and Rose at the Simi Valley church the day the Caucasian woman stopped and told how she tried to pick strawberries and the Invaders told the growers 'they' did not want her there? That is true of all these jobs the Invaders and their handlers say US citizens will not do.

I think we should stop calling our citizens and government American. The reason being the video from the DC protest where the woman was saying,
"We are all Americans, North, Central and South America, we are all Americans". From today on, I am a United States of America Citizen (USAC).
Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Back in Sept of last year Feinstein asked for millions in federal money to restock the food banks in Fresno because there was a 50% unemployment rate among the farm laborers. This was done a week before signing legislation asking for more migrant workers, and she answered an email I sent her about an excess of migrant labor by saying the fruit were rotting on the trees because there weren't enough migrants to pick the fruit. At the time I had spoken to at least 75 migrant workers here in Ventura County that were only getting two days of work or less each week. All that money Feinstein asked for went to the nonprofits to distribute to the migrants.

Rose recently tried to get work picking strawberries, but they told her they weren't hiring. Does something smell foul?
Detroit, Michigan may have an unemployment rate of 50%.

Michigan has an official unemployment rate of 14.1%, and ranks 51 on a Bureau of Labor Statistics chart (which includes the District of Columbia).

California's official unemployment rate is 12.5%, tying with South Carolina for ranking 47 among the states.

The Inland Empire region of California has about a 15% unemployment rate

So, what has been done for Detroit, how are those people hanging on? It's been going on for a long time, was there and why not now a fuss about it? Is it the fact that they are American citizens and the "news" is more than three days old?

I believe Feinstein is double talking because she doesn't believe her American constituents are smart enough to have an insulted intelligence. Hooking illegally present unemployed farm workers on social services while calling for more may be a part of importing a constituency - the more the merrier for Democrat supporters if illegals are made into (PRESTO CHANGE-O) American citizens.

Schwartzenegger's thing might be a business thing - keep "em around till the work comes back so a whole new work force doesn't have to be built from scratch. I actually have seen a few companies do this, spending money on non productive labor, but only for relatively short periods of time. Then the work came back, or they laid everyone off. The thing Swartzeneger doesn't realize is that he is dealing with a relatively unskilled labor force which largely traveled great distances to get there and generally would travel great distances to get another low paying job. And be right back when growing starts up again, a hard core capitalist's dream come true.

As far as Rose not being hired to pick strawberries:

I knew a woman a few years ago who had been born ion the United States, but spent much of her young life following the crops with her parents, working in the fields with her parents during much of it.

And she somehow incredibly managed to get an education enough to be accepted for college enrollment.

To get money during the summer, she got a picking job in the Coachella Valley, but was ran off by the UFW because she was too Americanized.

There are some jobs you will not be considered for if you are an American by birth or by cultural assimilation.

BLS chart: http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-28-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:54 AM

Once again, our immigrant governor has proven himself unfit to confront immigration issues.