Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
SOS Associate

Default Unions Stage Supportive Event At State Capitol

After concluding that there was no interest by the locals in our camp in doing a billboard tour for this, I took to the reporting angle instead. This event was orchestrated by unions to support the wisconsin employees of the state over collective bargaining rights. Honestly, I don't know enough about this subject to be speaking pro or con about it, and SOS doesn't really have an interest in it either. My issue with the unions, as well as SOS's is mainly the support SEIU gives to illegals, and the costs to the state of unions protecting state jobs at the cost of more taxation.

So when I arrived, there were about two thousand at the event. It was weak by SEIU standards, but not generally well planned because it was more or less impromptu. The opposition was TEA party, and there were some fractures between TEA party express and TEA party patriots that may or may not have contributed to a low turnout. Mark Williams, former radio host and often thorn in the side or both factions, was reputed to be planning to plant operatives within the union crowd to catch them acting badly. This was supposedly uncovered and exposed. The TEA party patriots issued a disclaimer, and the unions issued warnings. Mark did show up, but was a lesser disturbance than predicted. His henchpersons came to the TEA party side and were quite critical of TEA party patriots disclaimer, as well as taking credit for disturbing the unions. In my opinion, this Mark Williams character is more of a media hound than he is a proper organizer and patriot. In any case, the event opposition was weak, but there. The union people were generally well behaved, but there were a few individuals who came to this side and tried to start some shit. Also, several cars passing by called the crowd racists, assholes, and a few other choice names. Generally though, I think most of any perceived turmoil that existed came from the TEA party disputes from within.
From the union side, as I took some video, one older guy mentioned to me the lack of diversity in the TEA party side in comparison to the union side. Kind of baffled me for a second, but then I remembered just how indoctrinated people are getting on this term. I challenged him on this immediately, and he quickly back-stepped. I'm pretty sure this is on video, and I'll have it up soon. The rest was pretty bland stuff, with signs supporting the union, brotherhood, united we stand. blah, blah, blah.
Although there was a contingent of hashibabs there protesting Libya, but they left pretty quickly when that didn't seem to interest the union people much. I couldn't help but notice that the libyan flag was one of the few flags on the union side of the protest though. TEA partiers in contrast, bring the flag as a standard tool.

Pics and video to come soon
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM
SOS Associate

Here is the diversity champion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

After some reflection, I can't also help but wonder if this guy was one of the plants that Mark Williams supposedly was injecting into the crowd?

Getting very difficult to know who is who these days
Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 PM

The Union/Leftist/Moveon.Org etc. are trying to get together another protest this coming Saturday at all the State Capitals in solidarity with MI State Union workers.

What is it about "We're broke" that they don't understand?