Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 AM

The thing about alipac is that if you don't toe the line and kiss up to Gheen they boot you in a second

He can pound sand on his "fee"

There are plenty of free forums ......................like every other one on the web
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
The thing about alipac is that if you don't toe the line and kiss up to Gheen they boot you in a second

He can pound sand on his "fee"

There are plenty of free forums ......................like every other one on the web
I've never been charged a fee, but Gheen did call me and try to hit me up for a donation once.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Boy, is that the understatement of the year!
Understatement is my specialty.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 AM

Default My recollection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The money for Lou Dobbs was only pledged, when the support for Dobbs was dropped the money was never actually collected.
Seems to me that I recall Gheen saying he would divert the funds to promote anti illegal alien operations.

Lou Dobbs for president? One anti-illegal immigration group thinks he's the antidote to "McClintobama."
By Whitney Blair Wyckoff
Washington Bureau
WASHINGTON—Lou Dobbs for President?

Americans for Legal Immigration, a group that favors (enforcement of existing immigration laws) a hard line against illegal immigration, has been pushing the candidacy of the cantankerous (Wycoff insults Dobbs by calling him Ill-tempered, quarrelsome; disagreeable: disliked) CNN host for some time now. But it re-launched a Lou Dobbs campaign Web site this week, now that John McCain is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

In part, this can be seen as a protest message in a campaign where the three remaining candidates favor a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and a relatively moderate approach toward them (Changing America's existing immigration laws is not the moderate approach but a radical one disapproved of by a majority of Americans).

But William Gheen, president and spokesman of the group, known as ALIPAC, said the campaign is no stunt.

So far, 2,034 people have pledged $509,825 if Dobbs decides to run, he said. Gheen hopes that the site will generate enough interest to convince Dobbs to enter the 2008 presidential race.

“We want to show Lou that there’s a pre-established base out there that he can use to quickly re-energize the campaign,” Gheen said. Gheen said that if Dobbs decides to run, ALIPAC would give Dobbs the information that the Web site collects.

ALIPAC intends to promote the campaign using the group’s e-mail lists. Gheen said he would also post a letter on the site urging Dobbs to quickly decide whether he will run.

Dobbs—a self-described “independent populist” who has spoken out against illegal immigration and corporate influence in government—sparked rumors last November of a possible run when he predicted that an independent populist would win the presidential election. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal last month, Dobbs said that while he didn’t have the personality to run for office, he “cannot say never.”

According to its Web site, ALIPAC’s mission is to “address the disparity between the public’s desire for more control of illegal immigration and the actions of lawmakers,” saying that 75 percent of Americans “want more done to control illegal immigration.” Stories with headlines like “McCain Madness” or “Outbreak: Leprosy in Arkansas Brought Here by Illegal Aliens,” and a nearly 2,000-wo5rd article called “Why the illegals must go” are posted on the site.

ALIPAC has developed a platform for Dobbs, which Gheen said is based on Dobbs’s show, ALIPAC’s understanding of Dobbs’s ideology and polling data. He added that the platforms could change if Dobbs throws his hat into the race. As John McCain closes in on the Republican presidential nomination, Gheen said that Dobbs could be an appealing choice for anti-immigration voters (False: I never use the term 'anti-immigration' and I did not say this, I said 'anti-illegal immigration).

Republican candidates like Ron Paul and Mitt Romney (Hunter, Tancredo, and Thompson) have split the anti (illegal)[/b)-immigration vote, Gheen said. But Dobbs could be the candidate to unite it.

“People are really not happy with McClintobama,” Gheen said, adding that he thinks that McCain and Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have similar stances on immigration. Gheen said that there is dissatisfaction within both parties on the issue of immigration.

[b] (WARNING: The reporter is about to cite a source without informing the readers that Abramowitz is a partner in the ASK Law Group which specializes in "Immigration and Naturalization law" according to their website at www.kaflaw.com Mr. Abramowitz has a financial interest in immigration and illegal immigration that is excluded from this article)

But Alan I. Abramowitz, a political science professor at Emory University in Atlanta and author of “Voice of the People: Elections and Voting in the United States,” said that immigration does not seem to be a high priority among voters. He said that polls that ask about issues important to voters have immigration outranked by the economy, the war in Iraq and health care. )(Immigration is the fourth most important issue in the nation but it is not a top issue?)

“Immigration isn’t a salient issue to most Americans, and many of those who do care about immigration are going to vote for McCain,” Abramowitz said. (False)“I just don’t see that issue as creating a third party movement.”

But Gheen contends that Dobbs’s support of legal immigration is part of a bigger issue. “Lou Dobbs is onto the real issue, which goes beyond immigration,” Gheen said. “It’s about whether people or big business run the United States.”(Misquote: Should read 'It's about whether the citizens of America or big business run the United States)

One problem is that there is not a large pool of voters from which Dobbs could potentially draw support, Abramowitz said. (False: Polling data shows historic low approval ratings for Congress, the President, and both political parties)

“The overall level of dissatisfaction with the major parties is low,” he said, adding that voter turnout for the Democratic Party has been particularly high in the 2008 primaries. He also said that he thinks the “large majority” of Republicans would eventually unite behind McCain, especially if Clinton becomes the Democratic nominee.

Ross Perot, who ran as a third-party candidate in the 1992 election, did reasonably well because a number of voters were disenchanted with the major party candidates, Abramowitz said, even though in the end Perot did not win a single state in the general election.

But Abramowitz said independent voters do not vote as a united bloc.
“Between two-thirds and three-fourths of independents lean toward one party or the other,” Abramowitz said. “The remaining group makes up about 10 percent of the electorate.”

He added that these true independents often do not vote.
“I don’t see much potential for a third party or independent candidate” in this election, Abramowitz said.

Abramowitz also said that liberal to moderate Republicans might also be available, but he said that these groups are not large.

“It’s not much of a base to build a campaign on,” Abramowitz said. Abramowitz also said that Dobbs sends too much of a “mixed message” to be a successful candidate. While some of Dobbs’s populist ideas might appeal to Democrats, conservative Republicans would be more likely favor his stance on immigration.

A possible Dobbs run for the presidency does not indicate an ideological change for the Republican Party, Abramowitz said. “McCain has been moderate on immigration, but so has President Bush until recently,” he said. “It’s still an issue that really divides them.”

Abramowitz also said it is doubtful that Dobbs would leave his lucrative position at CNN to pursue the campaign.

“I’m skeptical about the whole idea,” Abramowitz said.

Nonetheless, Gheen said that once the ALIPAC Web site reaches $1 million in pledges, he would meet with Dobbs to see if he interested in running for president. Until then, Gheen said that Dobbs’s producers have promised that Dobbs will read the site’s guest book.

(Note: Apparently the author did not bother to contact or quote the subject of this article, Mr. Lou Dobbs. The entire focus appears to be an attempt to discredit our efforts with the Draft Lou Dobbs website. Also of note is that the article intentionally fails to provide readers with our web addresses of www.LouDobbsforPresident.org or ALIPAC.us which is the focus of this article.)

Last edited by wetibbe; 05-20-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Seems to me that I recall Gheen saying he would divert the funds to promote anti illegal alien operations.

Lou Dobbs for president? One anti-illegal immigration group thinks he's the antidote to "McClintobama."
By Whitney Blair Wyckoff
Washington Bureau
WASHINGTON—Lou Dobbs for President?

Americans for Legal Immigration, a group that favors (enforcement of existing immigration laws) a hard line against illegal immigration, has been pushing the candidacy of the cantankerous (Wycoff insults Dobbs by calling him Ill-tempered, quarrelsome; disagreeable: disliked) CNN host for some time now. But it re-launched a Lou Dobbs campaign Web site this week, now that John McCain is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

In part, this can be seen as a protest message in a campaign where the three remaining candidates favor a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and a relatively moderate approach toward them (Changing America's existing immigration laws is not the moderate approach but a radical one disapproved of by a majority of Americans).

But William Gheen, president and spokesman of the group, known as ALIPAC, said the campaign is no stunt.

So far, 2,034 people have pledged $509,825 if Dobbs decides to run, he said. Gheen hopes that the site will generate enough interest to convince Dobbs to enter the 2008 presidential race.

“We want to show Lou that there’s a pre-established base out there that he can use to quickly re-energize the campaign,” Gheen said. Gheen said that if Dobbs decides to run, ALIPAC would give Dobbs the information that the Web site collects.

ALIPAC intends to promote the campaign using the group’s e-mail lists. Gheen said he would also post a letter on the site urging Dobbs to quickly decide whether he will run.

Dobbs—a self-described “independent populist” who has spoken out against illegal immigration and corporate influence in government—sparked rumors last November of a possible run when he predicted that an independent populist would win the presidential election. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal last month, Dobbs said that while he didn’t have the personality to run for office, he “cannot say never.”

According to its Web site, ALIPAC’s mission is to “address the disparity between the public’s desire for more control of illegal immigration and the actions of lawmakers,” saying that 75 percent of Americans “want more done to control illegal immigration.” Stories with headlines like “McCain Madness” or “Outbreak: Leprosy in Arkansas Brought Here by Illegal Aliens,” and a nearly 2,000-wo5rd article called “Why the illegals must go” are posted on the site.

ALIPAC has developed a platform for Dobbs, which Gheen said is based on Dobbs’s show, ALIPAC’s understanding of Dobbs’s ideology and polling data. He added that the platforms could change if Dobbs throws his hat into the race. As John McCain closes in on the Republican presidential nomination, Gheen said that Dobbs could be an appealing choice for anti-immigration voters (False: I never use the term 'anti-immigration' and I did not say this, I said 'anti-illegal immigration).

Republican candidates like Ron Paul and Mitt Romney (Hunter, Tancredo, and Thompson) have split the anti (illegal)[/b)-immigration vote, Gheen said. But Dobbs could be the candidate to unite it.

“People are really not happy with McClintobama,” Gheen said, adding that he thinks that McCain and Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have similar stances on immigration. Gheen said that there is dissatisfaction within both parties on the issue of immigration.

[b] (WARNING: The reporter is about to cite a source without informing the readers that Abramowitz is a partner in the ASK Law Group which specializes in "Immigration and Naturalization law" according to their website at www.kaflaw.com Mr. Abramowitz has a financial interest in immigration and illegal immigration that is excluded from this article)

But Alan I. Abramowitz, a political science professor at Emory University in Atlanta and author of “Voice of the People: Elections and Voting in the United States,” said that immigration does not seem to be a high priority among voters. He said that polls that ask about issues important to voters have immigration outranked by the economy, the war in Iraq and health care. )(Immigration is the fourth most important issue in the nation but it is not a top issue?)

“Immigration isn’t a salient issue to most Americans, and many of those who do care about immigration are going to vote for McCain,” Abramowitz said. (False)“I just don’t see that issue as creating a third party movement.”

But Gheen contends that Dobbs’s support of legal immigration is part of a bigger issue. “Lou Dobbs is onto the real issue, which goes beyond immigration,” Gheen said. “It’s about whether people or big business run the United States.”(Misquote: Should read 'It's about whether the citizens of America or big business run the United States)

One problem is that there is not a large pool of voters from which Dobbs could potentially draw support, Abramowitz said. (False: Polling data shows historic low approval ratings for Congress, the President, and both political parties)

“The overall level of dissatisfaction with the major parties is low,” he said, adding that voter turnout for the Democratic Party has been particularly high in the 2008 primaries. He also said that he thinks the “large majority” of Republicans would eventually unite behind McCain, especially if Clinton becomes the Democratic nominee.

Ross Perot, who ran as a third-party candidate in the 1992 election, did reasonably well because a number of voters were disenchanted with the major party candidates, Abramowitz said, even though in the end Perot did not win a single state in the general election.

But Abramowitz said independent voters do not vote as a united bloc.
“Between two-thirds and three-fourths of independents lean toward one party or the other,” Abramowitz said. “The remaining group makes up about 10 percent of the electorate.”

He added that these true independents often do not vote.
“I don’t see much potential for a third party or independent candidate” in this election, Abramowitz said.

Abramowitz also said that liberal to moderate Republicans might also be available, but he said that these groups are not large.

“It’s not much of a base to build a campaign on,” Abramowitz said. Abramowitz also said that Dobbs sends too much of a “mixed message” to be a successful candidate. While some of Dobbs’s populist ideas might appeal to Democrats, conservative Republicans would be more likely favor his stance on immigration.

A possible Dobbs run for the presidency does not indicate an ideological change for the Republican Party, Abramowitz said. “McCain has been moderate on immigration, but so has President Bush until recently,” he said. “It’s still an issue that really divides them.”

Abramowitz also said it is doubtful that Dobbs would leave his lucrative position at CNN to pursue the campaign.

“I’m skeptical about the whole idea,” Abramowitz said.

Nonetheless, Gheen said that once the ALIPAC Web site reaches $1 million in pledges, he would meet with Dobbs to see if he interested in running for president. Until then, Gheen said that Dobbs’s producers have promised that Dobbs will read the site’s guest book.

(Note: Apparently the author did not bother to contact or quote the subject of this article, Mr. Lou Dobbs. The entire focus appears to be an attempt to discredit our efforts with the Draft Lou Dobbs website. Also of note is that the article intentionally fails to provide readers with our web addresses of www.LouDobbsforPresident.org or ALIPAC.us which is the focus of this article.)
Pledged is not actually donated. It is just a promise to donate should it be needed. Some may have actually sent the money in, but I would suspect, and it is stated that it was just pledged.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 PM

Default I'm from congress

mhtml:http://65.55.72.135/att/GetAttachmen...f9e&oneredir=1
Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 PM

Arizona immigration law rally loses group due to neo-Nazi links
Legal-immigration PAC to skip event for SB 1070

A national anti-illegal-immigration group has pulled out of a planned June 5 rally in Phoenix to support Arizona's immigration law because of a key organizer's alleged links to neo-Nazis.
The website for the "Phoenix Rising" Arizona Rally and Freedom March event scheduled for Wesley Bolin Plaza lists as "confirmed" speakers former Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, state Sen. and Senate Bill 1070 sponsor Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, and GOP Senate challenger J.D. Hayworth, although a spokesman said Hayworth won't be participating.
The rally intends to show support for the statute, Gov. Jan Brewer and other Arizona lawmakers who supported the legislation. The law makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally. It states that an officer engaged in a lawful stop, detention or arrest shall, when practicable, ask about a person's legal status when reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally.
As of late Friday, the event's Facebook page had 3,688 members.
But William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, or ALIPAC, is distancing his group from event organizer
Daniel Smeriglio of Hazleton, Pa., over Facebook connections to White supremacists and a European neo-Nazi musical act.
"We have worked diligently behind the scenes to try to resolve this situation with the knowledge that our political opposition does have strong evidence of neo-Nazi supporters being involved with the event still going forward on the 5th," ALIPAC said Thursday in a written statement. "We feel it is completely unacceptable that Dan Smeriglio and Tom Tancredo or anyone else would put the brave activists, lawmakers, candidates, and citizens of Arizona at risk by proceeding with an event that our opponents can use to harm our cause of stopping and reversing illegal immigration."
Smeriglio, whose group is called Voice of The People USA, could not be reached for comment but defended himself in a lengthy written statement on his website. He strenuously denied being a racist.
"Out of the 2,200 friends on my Facebook page, two apparently had or have some association with groups that do NOT represent my beliefs, particularly regarding illegal immigration," Smeriglio wrote. "When this was brought to my attention I immediately removed and blocked the two individuals in question, because I stand against illegal immigration with no hatred in my heart for any person, race or religion."
Smeriglio said he never listened to the lyrics of Saga, a White nationalist singer from Sweden.
"I do not have the ability to do a background check on every person or band out of thousands that I come into contact with on Facebook," he said. "To link me with this band is absurd and was done with malicious intent."
Tancredo, who while in Congress was perhaps Capitol Hill's best-known border hard-liner, also defended Smeriglio on the Phoenix rally's website.
"The allegations against one of the rally's organizers, Daniel Smeriglio, have been examined and are not only without merit, they are the worst kind of character assassination that no decent person in politics, left, right or center, should condone," Tancredo said in the statement.
Mark Sanders, a spokesman for Hayworth, on Friday said Hayworth won't be appearing at the Phoenix rally. Hayworth, a former Arizona congressman, is running against Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the Aug. 24 GOP primary and has been endorsed by ALIPAC.
"We have a conflict," Sanders said.
On Friday, Gheen said he wasn't interested in talking further about the June 5 rally, saying that ALIPAC activists are putting their emphasis on spreading Arizona's immigration law to other states.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz0ohzKvZyO
Old 05-24-2010, 03:40 PM

"Gheen is at it again, causing problems. He often doesn't know the fact of a situation, but tries to speak as an authority. Word is, he wiggled his way into this event, and wanted the glory. But is now trying to cause problems. Not surprising. "

Yup, the same guy that runs ALIPAC that deleted every post of my protests in New Jersey.

He's a parasite. It's about Gheen and not illegal immigration.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.hireamerican.org
Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Mammal View Post
"Gheen is at it again, causing problems. He often doesn't know the fact of a situation, but tries to speak as an authority. Word is, he wiggled his way into this event, and wanted the glory. But is now trying to cause problems. Not surprising. "

Yup, the same guy that runs ALIPAC that deleted every post of my protests in New Jersey.

He's a parasite. It's about Gheen and not illegal immigration.
Yup
Gheen has pretty much lost the cred of all the top names in the movement now.

I just noticed that Digger is coming out against him now also

When he started to slag on Tancredo he totally lost me , of course I was lost on him for years now , lol
Old 05-25-2010, 04:57 AM

Default Diggers writings

Here are Diggers articles about ALIPAC and Gheen.

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003405.html

Personally I find it both interesting and tiresome. Digger comes to the same conclusions about Gheen here that I came to a couple of years ago !

Looks to me like Gheen is headed down the same path Chris Simcox took, self destruction. He probably won't recover from this debacle.

When the credibility is shot it's all down hill from there.