Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Judicial Branch

The Judicial Branch Topics and information of interest to SOS associates in relation to courts, law, and justice

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-20-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Here's something that just chafes me raw on that too. Illegals aren't even in the child support system to the degree this guy and many others are. The illegals' kids are getting supported by the tax payer, and the non custodial parents just move from day labor site to day labor site, or illegal job.
One of the reasons illegals aren't in the child support system is because they change names and social security numbers like you change your underwear. Every time they get a job they use a different name. If no one asks to see the social security card, they just make up a number on the spot.

It might not be socially acceptable to say it either, but many of these mothers have no idea who the fathers are. Dad is the current boyfriend.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 PM

No sympathy here. It doesn't matter if you're not drunk, you have to have a license and insurance. It's called the law and everyone has to follow it regardless of skin color.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM

I don't care if the cars of dead beat dads are impounded or if the cars of illegal immigrants are impounded. Both are breaking the law, and as such deserve no sympathy.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I don't care if the cars of dead beat dads are impounded or if the cars of illegal immigrants are impounded. Both are breaking the law, and as such deserve no sympathy.
The terms of my divorce were in part that child support is based on income the court deemed me as capable of earning, not what I was earning with whatever employment and resultant income was available to me at the time.

Not everyone who has had a bad shrift with employment and resultant malicious judgment by the court is a deadbeat.

Legal judgments aren't always just, and to take away the driver's license of a father who is behind in child support is incomprehensible. A man generally isn't employable without a driver's license. If he's not making money, how's he to pay child support?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The terms of my divorce were in part that child support is based on income the court deemed me as capable of earning, not what I was earning with whatever employment and resultant income was available to me at the time.

Not everyone who has had a bad shrift with employment and resultant malicious judgment by the court is a deadbeat.

Legal judgments aren't always just, and to take away the driver's license of a father who is behind in child support is incomprehensible. A man generally isn't employable without a driver's license. If he's not making money, how's he to pay child support?
First, as a divorced dad, who is currently paying child support AND has been out of work for some time, I have been able to get my payments scaled back. Is it a challenge? Yes, but I have not run out on my responsibility towards my child.

As far as not having a driver's license and being unemployable? This is a load of bovine excrement. That's what buses are for. There is no excuse for not paying child support.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
As far as not having a driver's license and being unemployable? This is a load of bovine excrement. That's what buses are for. There is no excuse for not paying child support.
There may not be an excuse for not paying it, but I don't think it's realistic that every non custodial debtor parent could have a job that doesn't require a drivers license.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
First, as a divorced dad, who is currently paying child support AND has been out of work for some time, I have been able to get my payments scaled back. Is it a challenge? Yes, but I have not run out on my responsibility towards my child.

Buses are for people who live where there is bus service and who work for the same employer at the same local work location with fixed hours year end and year out.

Predictability.

There have been times I have worked in an itinerant fashion in multiple states.

One year I had 13 W2's, another I had 16 periods of employment with five employers.

Uncertainty.

My current job is based almost a hundred congested freeway miles from my home, I generally go home on Sundays only - and not by choice.

There are times, due to distance, I haven't been home in months.

If you run out of seed money to make money, you have a hard time coming back.

No work, no income. No income, no child support.

No driver's license, no work. My work requires a class A license.

No driver's license, impounded personal vehicle, no transportation to multiple work locations, no job. If you can't show up to work, you don't have a job.

It's as simple as that. Not everyone is a teacup nine to fiver who lives within walking distance of gainful employment.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-22-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I generally go home on Sundays only - and not by choice.
This was meant to mean that I would prefer to sleep in my own bed at home every night, but it would be very difficult to do.

Actually it would be great if I could find an employer who would pay me to stay away, preferably by direct deposit.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.