Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
SOS Associate

Default More Chicanery At Sutter's Fort On Mexican Flag Day

More Chicanery By Mexico and State Parks Department At Sutters Fort

Greetings From Save Our State,

For those not in the know, Sutter's Fort Historic State Park in Sacramento used to fly the Mexican flag for many years on a flagpole inside of the fort. Save Our State began protesting this in 2005, and each year thereafter until the parks department removed that current version of the mexican flag, and displayed an historic version, slightly more appropriate in 2009. Mexico's government used to make a big deal on presenting a new flag to the fort each year on mexican flag day in those preceeding years. Since then, the parks department has still held a mexican flag day event on Feb 24th as a cultural celebration. This year though, no event was scheduled on the parks' website.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/Events/?page_id=485

On a hunch, I called the park at opening time this morning, sunday february 24th, and asked if there was any events today. the parks employee advised me that if I were to get here soon, I could attend the mexican flag day event.

So I donned my videocam and hustled down to the fort to see what the parks department was hiding from us all. when I got there, I discovered that not only was the general public not invited this time, but the entry fees to the park were waived for everyone who was invited, or happened to stumble upon it. Waiving park fees is a very, very rare occurance at Sutter's fort, or any state park for that matter

Sutter's Fort, and the mexican theme period that the parks department has chosen for that park has been a bone of contention for SOS for many years, as was first mentioned. What further aggravates this situation is the disingenuity of actions by the parks department in partnering up with the mexican government, and remaining aloof about the event. Now they have chosen to clandestinely operate, which I'd like to say is beneath them, but apparently is not. Save Our State is going to file an official complaint with the state parks department, as well as serving them with some public records requests in relation to this.

Below are some videos and photographs from the event

http://youtu.be/

Historic mexican flag that is flown at the fort

But for today, it's the current flag

Somehow, all these companies were advised about this event so they could participate and advertise

Free advertising

Far be it from me to eat stuff that I don't know where it was made, but everyone else was getting drinks and pastries that were brought in via an aluminum pot

Free food

Now here's a real mystery. The Franchise Tax Board was there, on a sunday no less, and handing out brochures in Spanish only

Franchise tax board booth....by the food....

Free entertainment

Free Sanctimonious mexican dignitaries

Kids read essays on Mexican flag day

On Mexican Flag Day, the current version is somehow more important in this historic fort

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 02-24-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM
SOS Associate

How about this? Our restrictionist state reps are doing everything in their power to take our firearms, and have passed laws to prevent guns near schools to protect kids, but somehow it's not hypocritical to for the state to give hands on guns education to the children of mexicans who are here

Free gun education

Notice they count in spanish

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 02-24-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Archer

That sucks!
Was that someone at the end of the first video try to saw down the pole? Sounded like it.....wishful thinking.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
That sucks!
Was that someone at the end of the first video try to saw down the pole? Sounded like it.....wishful thinking.
Ha.! Unfortunately no. There was a sawing demonstration going on in one of those little rooms to my left.

I haven't posted this video yet, mainly because there wasn't much else interesting on it that wasn't covered elswhere, but as I got to the fort, all the mexicans had taken up the parking, but there were two spaces around the back side. there was one peekup truck backing in to one of them, and all of a sudden he stops in the middle taking up both spaces. I honked and he just shut off his truck. Damn I was pissed. I was mouthing "you asswhole" as I drove past him. Then I found a spot on another block away from the fort and parked. I zoomed up to the fort and started vedeotaping at the entrance, and the peekup driver walks in next to me. you can here me on the clip saying thanks for taking up two parking spaces. But alas! I forgot who I was talking at. He didn't speak english
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM

How did you keep your straight face on? I would have been seething.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 AM

Yes, that's our California Education System at work. If you listen to those kids reading their reports you'll hear English spoken improperly, but did those reports get corrected before they were read in public? No!!! And there's questions of why kids are failing!!!!! Those teaching are a joke, not to mention what they're teaching!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
But alas! I forgot who I was talking at. He didn't speak english
He was pretending not to speak English.

The park program is primarily in English, because in truth they aren't pandering to Mexicans. It's mostly for adult pretend Mexicans to propagandize as many children as they can "educate" into becoming racist, ethnic nationalist pretend Mexicans and ignorant others to appreciate it. Real Mexicans who would hold their nose to attend would be representatives from the Mexican government who have an interest as well in persuading Americans with Mexican ancestry that they are indeed Mexican. While it may be a somewhat similar idea, their agenda is a little different than the Aztlanista version. Aztlanistas and Mexican nationals often use each other to their various respective ends and Aztlanistas couldn't do politically what they are doing without being Americanized. They're not the same people.

Otherwise not many Mexican nationals would have attended because it is ultimately an American program, an anathema - Mexican flag or not. Unless there is free food and free booze and it's all in Spanish with heart wrenching Ranchera lyrics and everyone gets drunked up, then loudly belt out the words to the music as they're crying.

The costumes weren't period Californio (the men dancing to Ranchera had pants looking somewhat like what Mexico proper late 19th century Porfirio Diaz period Rurales would wear, ruthless government vigilantes and Mexican sombreros rather than Spanish style hats would have been a very rare thing in pre 1848 California. The guy with the rifle and the others dressed similarly could have somewhat represented Fremont and the Bear Flag Rebellion bozos with their make do costumes), and they aren't about to be truthful about Californio history.

When Mexicans moved into Los Angeles in the late 19th century, the Californios moved out. The ethnic nationalists aren't going to be truthful about that sort of thing. The Californios were originally of Spanish nationality, were briefly Mexican, were essentially isolated from Mexico by vast desert and hostile Indians (communication and travel between California and Mexico was mostly by ship) and had general enmity towards central Mexico - which treated California like a bastard stepchild during the Mexican period.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-27-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Double post

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-26-2013 at 07:27 PM.