Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Continent Thief

Default The "Red Card" solution

I did a search of this forum to make sure no one had already brought this up and was surprised to find that no one had. What do you guys think about this? Newt Gingrich made a reference to it in the last Republican debate when they were talking about illegal immigration. My feelings are rather mixed, as it is a complicated proposal:
http://www.krieble.org/Websites/krie...te%20Paper.pdf

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 11-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:54 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I did a search of this forum to make sure no one had already brought this up and was surprised to find that no one had. What do you guys think about this? Newt Gingrich made a reference to it in the last Republican debate when they were talking about illegal immigration. My feelings are rather mixed, as it is a complicated proposal:
http://www.krieble.org/Websites/krie...te%20Paper.pdf
I'm looking at this, but why does there always have to be "another" solution? The one that works, the government won't do, because it works.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:29 AM

Default Started but stopped

I perused the Red Card section very briefly then decided to postpone it for some other time. But I picked up enough, however, to surmise that notwithstanding the good intentions of the group, the Red Card solution is just another naive, insular and unworkable idea.

The border crashes can be separated into two general basic groups with sub groups. #1. Criminals. #2. Non-criminal campesino/peasants that want to come to work. From there the sub-categories are Mexicans then Central Americans and then South Americans and finally in a broad generalization the rest of the world.

Some 30% or more can be categorized as hard criminals of terrorists. These include drug traffickers, human smugglers, and on to murders, pedophiles, rapists, and continuing.

Nationalities are 60% or more Mexican, then Central America, Guatemala, El Salvador and on down to Brazil, and some other countries. Counting 31 or 32 Latin countries, illegal immigrants do not come from most countries in any numbers.

The gangs such as MS13, Cartels and terrorists certainly do not want to be recorded. Nor will many campesinos/peasants.

We already have a system in place for foreigners who want to come here as tourists, students or workers. It's called a PASSPORT. Here's how it works. The foreigner goes to the American Consulate and applies for a visa. Then he undergoes a health check and has the International required shots/inoculations.

For a person who wants to immigrate the requirement is:

1. Passport
2. Background check
3. Visa
4. Domicile/ address
5. Health card
6. Sponsor
7. A job
8. Adequate funds

Most of the border jumpers do not want to comply with requirements. Most are so fundamentally crooked and dishonest that they cannot be believed. The Red Cards will be counterfeited. Most employers do not want to go through the red tape. It's too cumbersome, bothersome and confining.

Red Card is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's trying to reinvent the wheel. When the maximum allocated Red Cards are issued, those who didn't get one will just keep on coming.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Continent Thief

Wetibbe:

I think your post was excellent. The plan was primarily about what to do with the illegals who are already here, but I agree with you, it's basically rather naive. As you said, many or most of them probably aren't going to bother to sign up until there is a serious system of employment verification in place. Even then, there is no mention of any penalty for having come here illegally to begin with.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 AM

The absence of some kind of summary in the written proposal is cause enough for suspicion. The "Overview" is five pages long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

The border crashes can be separated into two general basic groups with sub groups. #1. Criminals. #2. Non-criminal campesino/peasants that want to come to work. From there the sub-categories are Mexicans then Central Americans and then South Americans and finally in a broad generalization the rest of the world.

Labor trafficking is one of the most lucrative money and power makers for organized crime. Absolutely everyone who is willing to relocate from one country to another in pursuit of employment is a harden criminal. These people pay other criminals to move them across borders and find them work. Anyone who purchases illegal drugs on the street is less involved in organized crime than an illegal immigrant.

There is no solution that does not start with hunting down people who are in the country illegally. There simply is no other way to confront the problem. Next, we have to confront those people here who hire illegals who are either themselves illegals, or non-citizens or counterfeit citizens. The whole idea that we need this labor is a fraud. The labor is created by other immigrants, illegal or otherwise, to enable illegal immigration.