Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 AM

I am planning to leave California as well. The problem is that I may be caught in a trap. I have two homes here (neither of which is worth anything now)
and just how do you sell a home these days particularly in California.

About a week ago I visited my spare home and found that vandals had stripped
it of its main entrance wiring. This is expensive copper wiring that goes from the electrical meter to the breaker box on the side of the house.

The thieves left everything undisturbed but cut through metal conduit and
ripped out wood skirting to get at this item. It would cost close to $2k to fix this but luckily I know how to do the work.

I believe it was done by some of the localillegals in the construction trade
but I cannot prove this.

I am enraged by what California has become....a state full of thieves, welfare recipients and deadbeats coddled by politicians and untouched by local police.

Hearing that Brown, who has promised the illegals in state tuition has become our Governor, is certainly the last straw for me.

California has tremendous potential for a come back but it appears that the majority of the population is too stupid to free itself of the politicians that have ruined this state.

I have met scores of Californians who abandoned this sinking ship years ago and now live in at least a less desirable climate weather wise, but who are quite happy due to less crime and such.

I'm done with it folks. I do not want to fund this bs anymore.

We will see if I can get out or if like a hapless mouse I am caught in a trap and cannot get out without chewing my foot off.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Just remember, illegal alien college students normally can't legally and legitimately get a job after graduation !! There are cases of them moaning and groaning because no-one would hire them. Some crying two years after graduation and still unemployed.
I still think the place to confront illegals in the college system is long before they get to college.

Again, how do we get college age illegal immigrants? How long have they been in the country illegally before they want to go to college? What about their parents?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
I still think the place to confront illegals in the college system is long before they get to college.
Yes, you're right. You said that. You've got this repetition thing down. You also said this: There is also the other issue of how an illegal qualifies for college tuition. They must have sufficient educational background to get it. Where are they getting that? And why can't we boot them out of whatever educational system they are using to prepare for college?

Here's your answer: Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982)
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Yes, you're right. You said that. You've got this repetition thing down. You also said this: There is also the other issue of how an illegal qualifies for college tuition. They must have sufficient educational background to get it. Where are they getting that? And why can't we boot them out of whatever educational system they are using to prepare for college?

Here's your answer: Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982)
Here is Wikipedia's entry on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

And here is Wikipedia's entry on the Fourteenth amendment which is what Plyler v. Doe is based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution

Plyler v Doe is pretty weak stuff, the SC's ruling is pretty weak and does not specifically guarantee an education for people not in the country legally.

But at the risk of repeating myself again, we still need to know how we get illegal alien students in the first place. Since we can assume that they are not born here because that process is already corrupted in another way, they must be crossing the border young. It seems to me that it should be easier to catch illegals crossing with children or young adults. Or they maybe crossing as young adults. Why not demand additional enforcement or penalties for people who expose children to illegal immigrant trafficking? Finding children classifiable as illegal immigrants in the education system would be evidence of the despicable practice of illegally trafficking in children and juveniles. Organized crime is bound to be involved and certainly it would be an early recruitment point for herding children into criminal activity and exploitation.

I remember long ago when the arguments about providing schooling illegals was first made. A plausible argument made then was that such a service would be a stop gap measure to identify and relocate families who were in the country illegally. While being processed out, their children could be exposed to educational opportunities and could not be denied such opportunities. But public education for illegals was never intended to be institutionalized this way.

I don't see anything about insisting on schooling be available for illegals that suggest such opportunity be a refuge from policing illegal immigration.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 PM

I will never uproot and go some other place. I do think things are going to get worse because no one wants to help the other side try to improve our lives. It takes cooperation from all.
In the thirties our government at least worked together for the citizens, not so this time.

Last edited by Rim05; 11-04-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Plyler v Doe is pretty weak stuff,
No, it's not.

Imagine all you want, dream all the fantasies you care to believe.

The Supreme Court ruling is set in stone, and any notion to the contrary is as meaningless as your commitment to to check up on the immigration status and English speaking capability of the Valdez family in Texas and the Pollard family in Florida.

The Supreme court ruling specifically mentioned the wrong of unenforced immigration law, but also considered the wrong of punishing children for the illegal parent's wrongdoing.

Here's another mission for you:

Convince the Supreme Court of the land of the error of its decision concerning Plyler v. Doe.

Stow the aggressive mode, they all speak English and they are all citizens.

And they can put you away for a while - maybe indefinately - for merely being borderline disrespectful.

Quote:
we still need to know how we get illegal alien students in the first place.
Perhaps you are Missing the obvious.

Ask your Congressman. He might not inform you as to the obvious, but the answer is no further than his office and the solution no further away than his ejection from that office.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-04-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:08 AM

The real loss was the Senate Majority Leader winning the race, how I can't understand.

Cuomo was elected because his father was a well respected politician.

I expect that since the lines are drawn there will be entertaining grandstanding on both sides but little headway. The only hope are the Democrats who won on a platform that distanced themselves from Obama to vote with the Republicans.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 AM

Default Election results California.

Did you know that Nancy Pelosi was re-elected by 80% ?

And Pete Stark by 72% ?

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...list/#state=CA

According to the Fox news map the bulk of California is Red/Republican land area !!! Only those coastal enclaves are blue !

Map:

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...lay&pres=false
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
According to the Fox news map the bulk of California is Red/Republican land area !!! Only those coastal enclaves are blue !

Map:

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/p...lay&pres=false

That shouldn't surprise you. That's true for much of the country. The coasts and metropolitan population centers are where Democrats excel. The smaller city areas, rural locations and inland is generally red. Look at Nevada. Harry Reid essentially won the Las Vegas area and Reno. The rest of the state went for Angle. Chicago, Detroit, Miami, San Diego, Houston, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Boston ... You subtract 4 of these cities and their residents from the country (pick the quartet you like the most), and the Democrats couldn't win another national election as things currently stand.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 AM

Well you guys are not the only ones planning to leave California.

Hugh Hewitt, that great conservative talk radio bulwark, has announced that he's thinking about leaving California because it's "broken." This is the same Piece of S.H.*.T. who ceaslessly mocked, ridiculed and defamed American patriots like us as "pot and pan bangers", "bigots", and "nativists" because we supported Prop. 187 and tried to stop the foreign invasion while there might have been time. Hewitt together with other great Republicans like Ronald Reagan (Amnesty 1986), Jack Kemp ("Big tent"), William Bennett (called Pat Buchanan a "fascist"), Dan Lungren, and other RINOS have doomed us and now they're hitting the road for greener pastures.

I used to call Larry Elder's show and try to ask "When your station goes Spanish speaking after English speaking whites who make up most of your audience have been driven out of California, where will you broadcast then?", but of course I never got past the screener and he refused to respond to my many emails asking this question.

Well Larry isn't talking about leaving California yet, but Hugh Hewitt is. He is running away from the state he helped destroy.

Thanks to the treachery of Ronald Reagan, Hugh Hewitt and other "Republicans", the state that was called "Reagan Country" is now a political subdivision of Mexico.

Last edited by Don; 11-05-2010 at 06:29 AM.