Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 AM

Default Subversion against "Decline to state" voters begins

As the rotten primary election system poll date nears, I am starting to get flyers in the mail addressed to "Independent voters" that speaks about "decline to state" voters like myself.

The organization sending these flyers out is the California Independent Voter Network at www.caivn.org. Notice at the website that partisan ads are posted there. Look at the "about" link for information on the CAIVN:

http://www.caivn.org/about

Quote:
Co-Chairmen/Funding
Steve Peace, former California Democratic Legislator

Jeff Marston, former California Republican Legislator

CAIVP received its seed funding in 2006 in a grant by John Moores. It has since continued operations thanks to the contributions of individuals, business and labor organizations, and online advertising.
There is a Californian John Moores listed at Wikipedia. Is this the same guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moores_(baseball)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mo...ball)#Business

Quote:
Business
He founded BMC Software in Texas in 1980 and was the lead venture capital financier for Peregrine Systems in California starting in 1981. He served as a director of Peregrine from March 1989 to March 2003 and as Chairman of the Board from March 1990 through July 2000 and from May 2002 through March 2003, during which he cashed out between US$600 and US$630 million in Peregrine stock.[1][2] He resigned as Peregrine chairman in February 2003 as part of the company's Chapter 11 reorganization. He also founded JMI Equity. In 1994 Moores purchased the San Diego Padres professional baseball team from Tom Werner. He later sold his share to Jeff Moorad (former sports agent and CEO of the Arizona Diamondbacks).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_Software

Quote:
BMC is a multinational firm operating in North America, Australia, Europe, and Asia and has multiple offices located around the world.[5] The company's international headquarters is located at 2101 CityWest Boulevard, Houston, Texas, United States.[6] In June 2006, Thomas Properties Group Inc., through its joint venture with the California State Teachers' Retirement System, agreed to buy BMC Software Inc.'s Houston campus for $295 million.[7]
[s]He owned "Peregrine Systems", a software concern:[/s] He financed "Peregrine Systems", a software concern.

Quote:

History
Peregrine Systems was founded in 1981 in Irvine, California. The original founders and employees were Chris Cole, Gary Story, Ed Beck, Kevin Keyes and Richard Diederich. They started selling PNMS on a Series One computer while developing an MVS version.The MVS client/server solutions for PNMS became available in 1995.[2]

In 1989, John Moores, founder of BMC Software and owner of the San Diego Padres Major League Baseball team, became a member of the Peregrine Board of Directors He served as Chairman from March 1990 through July 2000 and then again in 2002.[3] He resigned from the Board in 2003 during the company's bankruptcy filing.[4]

Peregrine had offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific and grew its product line rapidly both organically and via acquisitions, including Harbinger Corporation in 2000 [5] and Remedy Corporation in 2001.[6]

Fraud
In 2004, a federal grand jury issued an indictment charging eight former executives of Peregrine Systems, Inc., one former outside auditor of Peregrine, and two outside business partners of Peregrine, with conspiracy to commit a multi-billion dollar securities fraud. The case resulted from an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Securities and Exchange Commission had pursued a parallel civil enforcement action.[7]

In 2003, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charged Peregrine with "massive financial fraud" for the purposes of inflating the company's revenue and stock price.[8] Peregrine, without admitting or denying the allegations of the complaint, agreed to a partial settlement.[9]

Peregrine filed suit against its auditor Arthur Andersen in 2002 for $1 billion in damages, for allegedly allowing incorrect audits that overstated revenues by as much as $250 million to be filed for the 2000-2002 fiscal years.[10] In 2003, the former Peregrine CFO, Matthew Gless, pled guilty to fraud charges.[11] In 2008, the former Peregrine CEO, Stephen Gardner, was sentenced to eight years and one month in prison for his role in the fraud, which resulted in bankruptcy for the company.[12] Although former chairman of the board, John Moores, sold more than $800 million of shares during Peregrine's fraudulent period, the court of appeals determined that there was insufficient evidence that Moores knew about the fraud that led to the company’s bankruptcy.[13]

Just as the Independent Party was an engineered response to pleas from registering voters who wanted to vote "independently", so also is this CAIVN an engineered response to herd those who resist government intrusion into the privacy of voters and their political affliations.

The only possible reason that "decline to state" voters might want to organize is to further the cause of removing any and all inquiries of any government agency into political party affliation.

No government agency in the United States should be able to ask what your political party is. None.

DEATH to the "two party system"! No more politics as usual!

Last edited by Twoller; 06-02-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Broken link and misinformation needed correction.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
SOS Associate

The primary, as it exists now, is little else than a "Divide and Conquer" strategy.
Speaks volumnes about the process when a total lying turd such as Nightingale can use the primary to run from the constitution party to get on the independent party ticket claiming to be a constitutionalist again, all the while spouting republican and libertarian values
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
The primary, as it exists now, is little else than a "Divide and Conquer" strategy.
Speaks volumnes about the process when a total lying turd such as Nightingale can use the primary to run from the constitution party to get on the independent party ticket claiming to be a constitutionalist again, all the while spouting republican and libertarian values
I wouldn't call it a "divide and conquer" strategy as much as it is a "herd them like sheep" strategy. And it is those who struggle to assume leadership who either apply the strategy or have it applied to them, like Nightingale, I'm sure.

I must say, I don't really understand all the hostility I am hearing here about Nightingale. Indifference, I could understand, but hostility? Why waste the calories? I think it's good when any commoner aspires to be governor. Maybe I don't know enough about her, but on the other hand, why be that interested? What I am hearing is sort of typical and doesn't excite further interest in me. Perhaps it is a Southern California thang.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
I wouldn't call it a "divide and conquer" strategy as much as it is a "herd them like sheep" strategy. And it is those who struggle to assume leadership who either apply the strategy or have it applied to them, like Nightingale, I'm sure.

I must say, I don't really understand all the hostility I am hearing here about Nightingale. Indifference, I could understand, but hostility? Why waste the calories? I think it's good when any commoner aspires to be governor. Maybe I don't know enough about her, but on the other hand, why be that interested? What I am hearing is sort of typical and doesn't excite further interest in me. Perhaps it is a Southern California thang.
I'm naturally hostile. Just ask any illegal alien or open borders enthusiast that knows me.

If nightingale were still running the show here, about half or more of your posts would have been removed from publication, and it's likely that you'd not have made about 1/3 of those anyway, 'cause you would have been removed about that long ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Suffice it to say that if one didn't get caught in one of Chelene's paranoid knee jerk guillotine hysteria binges, one might not understand.

It didn't take much to be an "unAmerican" non patriot who just happened to be a "mole", "infiltrator", or "troublemaker" anywhere on Chelene's shifting annotated map of who was truly a part of her demented "cause", which I believe was merely herself wrapped in an American flag and the 'patriotic" masturbationary buzzword of the day.

I could go on, but it's best to move on and let by gones be, that was day before yesterday at least.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-02-2010 at 07:38 PM.